Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 backup camera laggy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can certainly report to NHTSA if you feel it's a safety issue, as the rear camera definitely is a federal required safety feature, although I'm not sure if there are any explicit standards for lag.

I don't back out immediately after getting into the car, so personally have not experienced this problem on V11, so can't comment with experience.

Some guy already crashed due to this bug too, pretty annoying its not their priority to fix it and instead after several updates its still ongoing...

This is absolutely an issue, and a safety one at that. When I get in the car in the morning, I’m almost always in a hurry. I just need to get in, and get out of the driveway. I’m used to simply putting it in reverse and driving. Now I’m having to adjust to the camera not working for quite some time, and it feels like an eternity. It’s definitely a safety issue, and they need to fix it immediately.

Try asking them to downgrade. Wondering what the response would be.
When I complained about all the V11 related issues and asked to have 2020.48.25 installed (amongst other things), I got this response:
Hi [...], this is [...] from Tesla Ottawa. [...]. As for the new update, it has changed the UI you are correct. There is not an option to revert back to the old version. Tesla is always evolving and growing with new layouts and updates. At this time, your concern has been noticed and at this point no further action is required or available. [...]
Just for clarification, I did not complain that the user interface changed, I complained that it got worse than before. Change is not the issue.
As for "Tesla is always growing and evolving" I thought yeah, so is my prostate. It's just not a good way to "grow and evolve". If they can't make it better, they should just leave it as it is.

Reactions: Boza and gforce2002
  • Informative
Reactions: stopcrazypp
“On certain affected vehicles equipped with Autopilot Computer 2.5 and running a firmware release between 2021.44.25 and 2021.44.25.2, inclusive…”
My first thought was “Lucky folks! Still on V10” :)