Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 Blind Spot - S/X Refresh ? Location of video feed ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Would like to get thoughts of how do you guys like the Model S/X refresh blind spot camera feed location on center screen when turn signal gets engaged ?

Right now it comes on the center screen, However I think it will be much better if that was on driver display on the S and X and maybe even Say if changing left than the camera should be hugging the Left and right should be on the right of that front driver display...

I know in the past green even changed the code somehow and show it can even work in so called legacy s and x when tesla at-least at the moment say it wont be a feature on older or legacy s and x.

Green did even re route the feed somehow to driver display on the legacy model.

Wonder Why Tesla did this and why cant they at-least give us option to have it on center vs front display at-least for the refresh where the feature is at-least available... Still hoping they do give the legacy models that blind spot feature. Any reason you guys think that was left from legacy models ?

Agree. The visualization already shows the position of other cars in the dash. That information (related in purpose to the blind spot cam) is not on the main screen unlike 3&Y.

A pop up to the right or left of the visualization (not blocking it) in the dash screen would be the best implementation for S & X. In Green's video, rather than blanking it all out to show the video, cover the album art for a left turn and cover the energy graph for a right turn. Leave the center visible.

• Love
Reactions: 127.0.0.0
Hi, Would like to get thoughts of how do you guys like the Model S/X refresh blind spot camera feed location on center screen when turn signal gets engaged ?
For the left turn signal, worthless. For the right, I can catch it as I go to look over my shoulder. Beyond that, it is pretty terrible functionality. Kind of more distracting than useful.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
For the left turn signal, worthless. For the right, I can catch it as I go to look over my shoulder. Beyond that, it is pretty terrible functionality. Kind of more distracting than useful.
Well for people who do find it distracting, I am glad Tesla do have an option not to turn on blind spot camera at all so you can keep em off if you want. In the mean while it be nice maybe they can in future turn the blind spot camera on say I want only right one to do that vs left...

Reactions: cwanja
I'd be happy with a simple yellow/orange light indicator on each of the side view mirrors when there is a car in the respective blind spot. I don't need to see a disorienting video of what's there, let alone such a video now unwisely located in the center dash screen. I just need to know whether something is or is not in my blind spot, and have the warning light located where my eyes should be looking (e.g., the left mirror when I intend to turn left).

Given its lack of precision and accuracy, I also would not rely on the driver dash screen for blind spot monitoring with those grey vehicle shapes (whatever Tesla calls those shapes / monitoring).

Short of the simple and affective solution of yellow/orange light on each side view mirror... Tesla could also just have such an obvious bright light/indicator on the driver dash screen, whether it's always active or only upon the driving activating a turn signal, or even better let the driver choose.

Last edited:
Tesla just blew it. In an age where most every car has Blindspot protection or at least ability to buy it it baffles me how long to 2020 to Tesla there’s still a struggle to figure out if there’s a car hiding in your blind spot. If you could see the car it would be in your Blindspot and Teslas cameras are not picking it up. I can’t envision a universal I would trust this car to drive me when it’s libel to change lanes right into another car.

Reactions: BetaMan10 and DBV1
I'd be happy with a simple yellow/orange light indicator on each of the side view mirrors when there is a car in the respective blind spot. I don't need to see a disorienting video of what's there, let alone such a video now unwisely located in the center dash screen. I just need to know whether something is or is not in my blind spot, and have the warning light located where my eyes should be looking (e.g., the left mirror when I intend to turn left).

Given its lack of precision and accuracy, I also would not rely on the driver dash screen for blind spot monitoring with those grey vehicle shapes (whatever Tesla calls those shapes / monitoring).

Short of the simple and affective solution of yellow/orange light on each side view mirror... Tesla could also just have such an obvious bright light/indicator on the driver dash screen, whether it's always active or only upon the driving activating a turn signal, or even better let the driver choose.
They have when you turn on your blinker if a car is on your blind spot it appear IN RED and line in the road also

They have when you turn on your blinker if a car is on your blind spot it appear IN RED and line in the road also
When I am starting a lane change, I would look at the outside rear mirror first. At least my peripheral vision is to the front. Looking down at the dash display seem counter intuitive. Btw, if the car can emit a warning sound like I am too close to the car in front, it will help. Is there a way to put the warning chime on?

When I am starting a lane change, I would look at the outside rear mirror first. At least my peripheral vision is to the front. Looking down at the dash display seem counter intuitive. Btw, if the car can emit a warning sound like I am too close to the car in front, it will help. Is there a way to put the warning chime on?
I believe you can set the forward collision to various levels and whether it is just visual or visual and alert.

Right now it comes on the center screen, However I think it will be much better if that was on driver display on the S and X and maybe even Say if changing left than the camera should be hugging the Left and right should be on the right of that front driver display...

I know in the past green even changed the code somehow and show it can even work in so called legacy s and x when tesla at-least at the moment say it wont be a feature on older or legacy s and x.

Green did even re route the feed somehow to driver display on the legacy model.

Wonder Why Tesla did this and why cant they at-least give us option to have it on center vs front display at-least for the refresh where the feature is at-least available... Still hoping they do give the legacy models that blind spot feature. Any reason you guys think that was left from legacy models ?

Any way to get the blind spot monitor on “legacy” MCU2 models?

Reactions: pilotSteve