Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[V11 Feedback] Trip/Consumption while using trip planner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

While driving with navigation and trip planner active, I frequently want to view the consumption/trip info to track my energy usage progress toward my next charging stop. When I do this, I have to toggle a screen that pops up and entirely covers the nav screen with a large graph. Then I toggle back down to again see the map and audio, etc…

Seems to me, while navigating, there should be a very small window with this data that can stay on the display without covering everything else, and therefor not needing to be toggled repeatedly.

Anyone else find this a glaring oversight?

I mean, the graphs are nice, but do not need to be so big, and the info can be displayed in a very small window.

Reactions: SDRick
Thanks to the pandemic, I took my first longish trip in my 2020 M3LR recently. It was only 162 miles each way and there was a supercharger near my destination so I wasn't worried about range issues. But, just out of curiosity I occasionally checked the cunsumption/trip info screen. I was surprised at how big it is too and think you have a great idea. Hopefully, someone at Tesla takes the hint.

Hi all,

While driving with navigation and trip planner active, I frequently want to view the consumption/trip info to track my energy usage progress toward my next charging stop. When I do this, I have to toggle a screen that pops up and entirely covers the nav screen with a large graph. Then I toggle back down to again see the map and audio, etc…

Seems to me, while navigating, there should be a very small window with this data that can stay on the display without covering everything else, and therefor not needing to be toggled repeatedly.

Anyone else find this a glaring oversight?

I mean, the graphs are nice, but do not need to be so big, and the info can be displayed in a very small window.
that is one of the MANY downfalls of the V11 UI unfortunately...just have to hope tesla decides to revert back to the things that worked in V9, V10...

Reactions: SDRick
Yeah... Tesla has always refused to show a Guess-O-Meter on the main screen, they just stick to the EPA rated range. What you're asking for is to show the GOM on the main screen essentially. When navigating, the system will tell you if you make it or not, will reroute if suddenly you need to charge etc. I think that's what they rely on instead.
In general I have the feeling that they are aiming at showing as little information as possible, to make it as close to an ICE experience as possible, to appeal to the masses. I don't agree, the information should be available if only to diagnose some issues. That's why I have ScanMyTesla for example. But hey, I don't decide :)