Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 - How to turn on seat heaters without turning on climate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You cannot. It used to be that only rear seats had that; now, all of them are dependent on HVAC being on. Bad design that will shorten the life of the compressor.
The whole V11 moves away from driver-centric UI. The problem is that the FSD/automation capabilities are not even close to what the UI is aiming for.
Think of it as a temporary solution until viable alternatives hit the market (in a couple of years).

Reactions: impastu
In V11 is there a way to get to seat heaters WITHOUT turning on the climate control?

Now I have to go into climate control, WHICH TURNS IT ON, select the seat heaters, and then turn off climate control. If I turn off climate control first, it closes the window…
I like to put on the seat warmer without hvac too and it’s annoying I have to put on the hvac in order to do so. Coming from Audi, I’m super unimpressed with the build quality of my Model 3 so far and the quirky UI. I’d much prefer apple CarPlay.

In V11 is there a way to get to seat heaters WITHOUT turning on the climate control?

Now I have to go into climate control, WHICH TURNS IT ON, select the seat heaters, and then turn off climate control. If I turn off climate control first, it closes the window…
I like to put on the seat warmer without hvac too and it’s annoying I have to put on the hvac in order to do so. Coming from Audi, I’m super unimpressed with the build quality of my Model 3 so far and the quirky UI. I’d much prefer apple CarPlay.

Reactions: Boza
Late to the thread (just got my car recently), but it's really annoying. I just want a warm butt!!! Is it too much to ask for?
Just learned that AC will get turned on automatically even though HVAC is on manual mode and no cabin overheat protection.
I guess the lack of quality control is not just on the HW side...

Another interesting observation:
Direct sun light on traffic light fools the UI to think one of the lights is green even though all should be red. Not sure what will happen to the FSD algorithm...

It is getting cold here so I discovered this problem last night, how frustrating. I will try the voice command, but I guess I will just have to drive with the HVAC on otherwise. Not a big deal, but it is pretty silly. What the hell Tesla?

Turning the heater/air con every time I want to turn on the seat/steering wheel heater isn’t really a problem...just an extra step to turn it off......but.......on the app it’s different...it is actually impossible to keep the seat heater on without also the cabin heater.
Does anyone know a way around this?

Turning the heater/air con every time I want to turn on the seat/steering wheel heater isn’t really a problem...just an extra step to turn it off......but.......on the app it’s different...it is actually impossible to keep the seat heater on without also the cabin heater.
Does anyone know a way around this?
As long as you long press the temp number on the screen, the seat heater stays on. You do not have to do it every time.

My problem is that on the app I cannot turn on the seat heater without the cabin heater
While I'm not saying the arrangement is ideal .. is there some major reason you need the climate control off? I just set my seat heater on auto and let the car pretty much do everything else .. maybe once a month I adjust cabin temp, but that's about it.

While I'm not saying the arrangement is ideal .. is there some major reason you need the climate control off? I just set my seat heater on auto and let the car pretty much do everything else .. maybe once a month I adjust cabin temp, but that's about it.
Yes, I do have a genuine reason 😀 when it’s cold and I want to warm the car before I get in it, I prefer just using the seat and steering wheel heaters because the dog doesn’t like the cabin heater. In fact none of my dogs have ever liked me putting the heater on (but all of them love the air conditioner). I have lived in a few very cold places in the past and I can remember car trips that felt like I had icicles hanging from my nose😱. Windows wide open with a happy dog and miserable wife....ahh those were the days😜.