Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 is going to be HUGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 4 disagrees. Curious what the disagrees are about. Tesla said on their website since 2019 that automatic driving in city streets coming by the end of the year. That was part of the deal and Tesla has not delivered.
What are you upset about?
You do not own FSD, I don't even know if you own a Tesla at all at this point.
Why are you so concerned for all of us that are waiting for Tesla to deliver what we paid for, not you.?

Also, this is why I gave the disagree... the bolded sentence, not the highlights...
upload_2021-1-18_10-47-43.png

• Disagree
Reactions: OttoR and Tundrok
You come across as confused to me. I don't feel angry. I'm mostly interested in Tesla / Elon not telling lies. Regulatory approval is not required for level 2 automatic city driving. Would be interesting what a court would say, when a date is promised for software that was paid for and was missed and comparing it to above somewhat nubulous claim of "self-driving functionality ...". I would argue that text does not apply to automatic driving in city streets since the text stated it does not by saying it will be ready by end of 2019 without caveats.

You come across as confused to me.
I am... that is a lot of energy and effort to put into following something that you do not even get "hurt" by it not being released on your timeline.
That is confusing to me.

Would be interesting what a court would say, when a date is promised for software that was paid for and was missed and comparing it to above somewhat nubulous claim of "self-driving functionality ..."
Where is an official date promised? Starting from 2016 to today, it has always stated that "functionality is dependent on extensive software validation and regulatory approval."
I look at FSD Beta release and I see that they are clearly still in the extensive software validation.
You look at the same releases and see Tesla "hiding behind regulatory approval".
Would be interesting what a court would say
Also, if you really wanted to figure this out, you would own FSD and take Tesla to court, but instead we just have to listen to your pontification on these forums about "lies" and other gems.

Last edited:
And my date with Charlize Theron tonight is highly dependent on my wife's approval. :) It's true, but don't think that's my main obstacle.
You'd stand a much better chance with Miley Cyrus.........lessee
1. Are you male..............check
2. Are you breathing.......check

Good to go.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure number one is even pertinent?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: helvio
I am... that is a lot of energy and effort to put into following something that you do not even get "hurt" by it not being released on your timeline.
Call it entertainment and or pontification and or I don't want to see Tesla telling lies. I just noticed that Tesla has removed the claim from their website after two years of lies.
Where is an official date promised?
Design Your Model 3 | Tesla
Tesla in 2019 and 2020 said:
Coming later this year;
  • Automatic driving on city streets
I look at FSD Beta release...
You want to lump in FSD Beta into this conversation. I have only been talking "automatic driving in city streets" claim, that was made from 2019 through 2020, that Tesla stated would arrive that year. I have not been discussing FSD or FSD Beta in this context and I would argue they are distinct and FSD is irrelevant in my statements.

You want to lump in FSD Beta into this conversation.
All of these features that you claim I am lumping have been the building blocks/stepping stones towards FSD Beta.

That feature "automatic driving in city streets" was under the heading Full Self-Driving option to be purchased. It is not a standalone feature, but a building block of FSD.
upload_2021-1-18_13-24-37.png

Last edited:
Would be interesting what a court would say, when a date is promised for software that was paid for and was missed and comparing it to above somewhat nubulous claim of "self-driving functionality ...".

The court would look at the full contract including the disclaimers that there is no unconditional "promise" that FSD will be available on a date certain. Tesla wins, you lose.

You continue to sow FUD on these fora. Sad.

The court would look at the full contract including the disclaimers that there is no unconditional "promise" that FSD will be available on a date certain. Tesla wins, you lose.

You continue to sow FUD on these fora. Sad.
You lose, this is about a specific statement tesla made: Automatic driving on city streets. There were no disclaimers and is not about non existent FSD. Tesla lost the last lawsuit on autopilot claims made in 2016 and would easily lose again.

You lose, this is about a specific statement tesla made: Automatic driving on city streets. There were no disclaimers and is not about non existent FSD. Tesla lost the last lawsuit on autopilot claims made in 2016 and would easily lose again.
You could not buy a feature "automatic driving on city streets".
You can only buy the feature "Full Self-Driving Capability" of which one sub-feature is "automatic driving on city streets".

The only definition of what "Full Self-Driving Capability" is here Autopilot
upload_2021-1-18_16-30-26.png

or the 2016 version that had the last paragraph
upload_2021-1-18_16-30-53.png

• Disagree
Reactions: OttoR and CDN-Build
But we already have light aeroplanes. You can get a pilot license and fly. I have one. It's nothing new.

I'm sorry but I would not trust the general mass population to be flying anything overhead. Malfunctions happen frequently.

This video provides an example. If your engine stalls on the ground you can roll to the side of the road. Can't really do that in the air!

Elon is right. Flying cars are dumb and dangerous.

Other aircraft.. not so much because of the training, regulations, licensing, and heavier cost burden to get your license and vehicle (aircraft).

That is confusing to me.

Where is an official date promised? Starting from 2016 to today, it has always stated that "functionality is dependent on extensive software validation and regulatory approval."
I look at FSD Beta release and I see that they are clearly still in the extensive software validation.
You look at the same releases and see Tesla "hiding behind regulatory approval".

Also, if you really wanted to figure this out, you would own FSD and take Tesla to court, but instead we just have to listen to your pontification on these forums about "lies" and other gems.

We get it. You are a Tesla fanboy. Some people here rightfully point out how many lies Elon puts out without owning a Tesla, and others like me own a Tesla and also call Elon out on his regular BS. It’s kinda sad how defensive you are about all of this. Elon at MINIMUM is overly guilty of being intentionally misleading and making claims on feature timelines that are consistently flat out wrong.

I got 4 disagrees. Curious what the disagrees are about. Tesla said on their website since 2019 that automatic driving in city streets coming by the end of the year. That was part of the deal and Tesla has not delivered.

You're getting those because you seem to be under the, frankly absurd, notion that "Not receiving the final product you pre order, but still receiving parts as they're finished" is the same as "They took my money and gave me nothing"

That's like saying a Kickstarter game is a scam if it misses it's target release date, but everyone was getting updated builds with new features showing tangible progress every month.

You seem to think that "Things are taking longer then expected" is the same as "we're giving up, you're not getting anything (more)"

It's like buying a lego set and having them mail you one lego at a time and when a lego doesn't fit the other legos they tell you don't worry the lego that fits THAT one will be coming soon, but it never does, and soon you just take and sell your weird bag of useless legos to some other poor sucker who likes legos and wants to try a new lego set, and ask them if they know what they're getting into, and they say yes, but deep down, you know they don't

The rest of the car is good though. I just don't get buying FSD and a) being mad it's not done yet, when if you looked hard at it, was obviously not going to happen anytime soon and by soon I mean, potentially, geologically, and b) buying it again on another car - that one blows my mind

• Disagree
Reactions: Hobojo153
Ha, it's clear there are certain people that feel the need to defend Tesla for missing their own self promised timelines. Like you're personally attacking them.

Elon said FSD beta was coming by end of year...didn't

Elon said holiday update would be fire fire...wasn't

Are there legitimate reasons for missing these timelines and under delivering...i'm sure there are.

Is it perfectly acceptable to voice your irritation or disappointment for missing or under delivering on these....yea it is.

Is it perfectly acceptable to voice your irritation or disappointment for missing or under delivering on these....yea it is.
The last couple pages were back and forth with @DanCar a person that does not own FSD (or even a Tesla at this point).
I understand owners of FSD that are upset with timelines (even though legally/contractually Tesla did not bind themselves to any timelines).
I do not understand people like @DanCar - that post incessantly on here about being misled... how were you misled if you didn't even buy FSD? Wouldn't that be the opposite of misled/lied to?

I've not been part of this conversation. I'm a new member just trying to get the ability to put on a profile picture, like posts and start posts, but can't. Anyway, I am more than fine waiting to get FSD. I would rather it be right than fast. Tesla is working on it and I am glad that there are drivers using the beta software, but that there has not been a wider rollout so far because working out the last details are critical. It can't be 95% correct and the last 5% is the hardest part to achieve. Anyone who has brought new products to market understands this.

The last couple pages were back and forth with @DanCar a person that does not own FSD (or even a Tesla at this point).
I understand owners of FSD that are upset with timelines (even though legally/contractually Tesla did not bind themselves to any timelines).
I do not understand people like @DanCar - that post incessantly on here about being misled... how were you misled if you didn't even buy FSD? Wouldn't that be the opposite of misled/lied to?

No, it's not the opposite at all. Misleading is misleading, lying is lying. Whether you are an aggrieved party because you bought FSD or not doesn't have any bearing on what Elon said being true or untrue. It simply determines if, and by how much, you are effected.

I didn't buy FSD, but that doesn't mean that Elon misleading isn't going to affect me in some way. How? Well, perhaps the share price is going to drop because he missed promises. And perhaps he devotes more resources (manpower dollars) to scramble to catch up to his promises. Does that mean they didn't open a service center because they didn't have enough money? Didn't make that change to the production line that would have made my car better? Didn't open that new supercharger near my house this year because they didn't have enough money to? Whatever, he still mislead. He still lied.

Yes, most of those things are very rare and very tangental. But the overall point is, you don't have to be affected in order for someone to have mislead.