Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 is going to be HUGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what's your claim? You want to sue Tesla for not making a product you wanted? I really don't think that's how things work in this country. But go ahead, if that makes them release FSD faster, I wholeheartedly support you!

I did not make a claim whatsoever. That was 100% NOT my point.

My point was that you don't have to have bought FSD for Elon to have mislead you.

Reactions: DanCar
I did not make a claim whatsoever. That was 100% NOT my point.

My point was that you don't have to have bought FSD for Elon to have mislead you.
In that case, let's be more specific: what is the desired outcome of your message? I mean, it's OK if it's to vent. But you presented yourself so technically that my mind went to court stuff, right away.
Another point, you mentioned stocks. They dipped because of FSD promises bein broken, you complain. But I doubt you did (and quite possibly, bragged around) when they skyrocketed when the promises were first made! That's called speculation and it's basically what the stock market is, in a nutshell. But back to the topic: desired outcome?

• Love
Reactions: mikes_fsd
In that case, let's be more specific: what is the desired outcome of your message? I mean, it's OK if it's to vent. But you presented yourself so technically that my mind went to court stuff, right away.
Another point, you mentioned stocks. They dipped because of FSD promises bein broken, you complain. But I doubt you did (and quite possibly, bragged around) when they skyrocketed when the promises were first made! That's called speculation and it's basically what the stock market is, in a nutshell. But back to the topic: desired outcome?

I had no desired outcome other than to point out ways in which being mislead about a product can have repercussions to other people than those who purchased it. And I grow tired of people who make excuses for behavior that should not be excused for often personal reasons. I speak technically and with detail because I find people often fail to consider circumstances beyond the large one that stares them in the face.

I have never owned, nor will ever own, Tesla stock. I have no dog in this fight save for my ownership of a Model 3 and my desire to see Tesla grow and be successful. That's all. No witch hunt needed. I'm not planning on suing anyone.

I had no desired outcome other than to point out ways in which being mislead about a product can have repercussions to other people than those who purchased it. And I grow tired of people who make excuses for behavior that should not be excused for often personal reasons. I speak technically and with detail because I find people often fail to consider circumstances beyond the large one that stares them in the face.

I have never owned, nor will ever own, Tesla stock. I have no dog in this fight save for my ownership of a Model 3 and my desire to see Tesla grow and be successful. That's all. No witch hunt needed. I'm not planning on suing anyone.
I'll take it as venting. It's hard to both be a profitable company AND push the boundaries of technology. Yeah, he is overly excited and overpromises. But at the same time, it would be unfair to not recognize that his leadership has achieved a lot. Yeah, I'm eagerly waiting for FSD, a few years behind schedule. Bummer. Yeah, I have a car that ALREADY does something my dad would have never thought seeing in his lifetime. And he's only 60-something.

Last edited:
Yup. Review their history and their intent is crystal clear.

We realize that it's a job for some and times are tough, especially if you've been short since <$420 (split adjusted). This quote is very succinct and explains things even before we had the Internet--

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it. -Upton Sinclair

You have owned a Model Y for less than 7 months. Seems bold to make sweeping statements about other current and previous owners.

I'll speak for myself when I say
-I spent 5 years being an Elon enthusiast before finally getting a 3
-Do zero investing, in TSLA or otherwise
-Raised in the land of Amazonville, believe me the natives here including myself aren't keen on Bezos (and yet you failed to mention the part where Elon was only the richest man for a week, BTW, that feels like FUD?)
-Finally bought a 3 because I wanted to financially support the nascent Tesla over the entrenched and ICE-producing Nissan. And because of the aforementioned personal choice to not invest in the stock market, buying a 3 despite the massive FUD in 2018 was my way of supporting Tesla's mission. I ended up having to defend my choice to buy a 3 to multiple people in 2018 and 2019. Including strangers, who seem entitled to demand answers from Tesla owners they run into in the wild. Ask me about driving through rural Idaho.

>People that insist folks speaking their truth are "trolls" validates our decision to speak our truth, maybe even to speak it twice as loud, to get past the mob of fanboys.
>I still have my trimotor Cybertruck reservation and think about cancelling it at least weekly because of the inability of Tesla's most hardcore supporters to take criticism with grace
>Fanaticism leads to unnecessary division
How about we start with actual sources for those claims...
Just as a reference a quick stroll through your timeline on these forums and you've paraded your "lies damn lies" mantra through every Autopilot milestone - it seems.
in 2019 it was all about HW3 never coming.
Oh, and thinking that you were promised HW5 (that one is my favorite)...

yet you're still here in 2021... in these cases I wish competition would step the he!l up.

The following is about HW3 retrofits... Tesla autopilot HW3

View attachment 629110
oh, yeah, apparently Elon promised perpetual hardware upgrades as well. Tesla autopilot HW3
View attachment 629111

did you get your HW3 retrofit?

It seems you just enjoy shi#ing on everything Tesla, cause clearly if you could get anything remotely as good as a Tesla you would be already done with your Model 3.

Yup. Review their history and their intent is crystal clear.

We realize that it's a job for some and times are tough, especially if you've been short since <$420 (split adjusted). This quote is very succinct and explains things even before we had the Internet--

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it. -Upton Sinclair
Lmao Mark. No need to continue pursuing the pissing contest, especially with a woman who has a longer post history than you.

Go ahead and post your salary and/or stream of income and/or portfolio to support your bold claims. I'll do the same if I make less than you.

While you're at it, why don't you drop a prediction for when V11 will roll out, to keep the thread on topic? Others have asked nicely. I'll start first: 4/20/21.

Signed,
A person embarrassed when your quote manages to be both a projection and logical fallacy at the same time

The last couple pages were back and forth with @DanCar a person that does not own FSD (or even a Tesla at this point).
I understand owners of FSD that are upset with timelines (even though legally/contractually Tesla did not bind themselves to any timelines).
I do not understand people like @DanCar - that post incessantly on here about being misled... how were you misled if you didn't even buy FSD? Wouldn't that be the opposite of misled/lied to?
So, you do not understand why @DanCar is upset at Tesla when he doesn’t even own a Tesla.

I don’t understand why you are upset at DanCar when you don’t even own a DanCar.

OK, I’m out...

Just speculation but looking at the new Model S config page I noticed the onscreen UI seems very different. New media controls moved to the bottom right and HVAC controls on the bottom left. Also on the HVAC screen there is Air Quality AQI information on the very top. Also looks like a new IC layout for S/X with the speedo on the right side in large font, along with the speed limit icon and the AP status icon. Possibly the first look at the v11 UI revamp?

mNAq1PG.jpg

HKfiQJu.jpg

VHQqNpv.jpg

Last edited:
Just speculation but looking at the new Model S config page I noticed the onscreen UI seems very different. New media controls moved to the bottom right and HVAC controls on the bottom left. Also on the HVAC screen there is Air Quality AQI information on the very top. Also looks like a new IC layout for S/X with the speedo on the right side in large font, along with the speed limit icon and the AP status icon. Possibly the first look at the v11 UI revamp?

mNAq1PG.jpg

HKfiQJu.jpg

VHQqNpv.jpg
I very much doubt that Tesla for the updated S is going to go with the M3 size and placement of the screen.. just sayin’

Edit: Color me s.a.f... bleh.

Last edited: