Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 is going to be HUGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any ideas when we think V11 will be released to the M3 fleet?
I didn’t hear him specifically, but his answer is always December.

Eg:

q: Elon, what is the meaning of life?
a: For sure, December. Remember remember, the yada yada happening in December.

• Disagree
Reactions: Demonofelru
Someone at the Plaid event said that Tesla told them that the new interface is for the refreshed S&X only... That doesn't seem logical to me, so we will see.

I dunno, I find it hard to believe they will be able to continue with 3 different UIs - one for the 3/Y plebs, one for the classic S/X, and one for the respectable S/X refresh. Seems like a lot of work for no reason.

I dunno, I find it hard to believe they will be able to continue with 3 different UIs - one for the 3/Y plebs, one for the classic S/X, and one for the respectable S/X refresh. Seems like a lot of work for no reason.
They have to though. Totally different physical screen layouts/sizes and information that has to be on each. They can have common UI elements across models, but there is no way to have a common 'UI' across the fleet. Obviously the Model 3/Y will get V11 since they are current production cars, but it may look quite a bit different than the S/X. As it has to though, because they are totally different. Now I do question wither V11 on the Model 3/Y just ends up looking about the same as it does on V10, or if we get elements of the new S/X software design theme.

Reactions: jsmay311
They have to though. Totally different physical screen layouts/sizes and information that has to be on each. They can have common UI elements across models, but there is no way to have a common 'UI' across the fleet. Obviously the Model 3/Y will get V11 since they are current production cars, but it may look quite a bit different than the S/X. As it has to though, because they are totally different. Now I do question wither V11 on the Model 3/Y just ends up looking about the same as it does on V10, or if we get elements of the new S/X software design theme.

They don't really have to at all. It's common in UI design to design something that is reactive to the screen size and resolution. In fact, most UIs are like this, whether it's websites, operating systems, etc..

Tesla has done plenty of dumb sнit before so I wouldn't put it past them to actually have different UIs but I still think it's extremely unlikely. This isn't how UIs are designed.

They don't really have to at all. It's common in UI design to design something that is reactive to the screen size and resolution. In fact, most UIs are like this, whether it's websites, operating systems, etc..

Tesla has done plenty of dumb sнit before so I wouldn't put it past them to actually have different UIs but I still think it's extremely unlikely. This isn't how UIs are designed.

aren’t the current units powered by a relatively small Atom CPU? Maybe the S/X use more CPU/GPU to allow them to have more flexibility in layout? The scaling for resolution/screen size shouldnl’t make a difference I agree