Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 is going to be HUGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been too long. The merge had too many conflicts, and the developer who did them is gone now. Screw it, we'll just make the dev branch mainline as soon as the unit tests all pass and the current priority X tasks are through QA. (That's what I image, anyway, because it amuses me.)

PS: Sorry about Buster.:(

I wish that were a joke but anyone in enterprise IT knows that’s almost exactly how it goes! 🤣🤣🤣

And thank you — it was out of nowhere - very sudden. He laid down for a nap and never woke up; thankfully he passed peacefully doing the thing he loved the most. We miss the little guy terribly - English Bulldogs aren’t good watchdogs, or service dogs, or hunting dogs, or rescue dogs …. But what they lack in service, they more than make up in personality.

How far we've come! Look at this article from 2013. Man, I miss tabs that look like tabs, buttons that look like buttons, etc. Just my opinion.
I read that article, and it's like they've taken nearly every point in it and done the opposite since.
And don't forget that wonderful speedometer that neatly combined in one spot the current power usage, the remaining range, the speed limit and the set point for TACC. It was a work of art.

• Love
Reactions: pilotSteve
I think Elon tweeted that new UI will be paired with FSD release. I guess we will be waiting for a while..

He sure did …..

956228B1-EBE6-4E13-8483-43CA02F599C4.jpeg

I exceedingly strongly doubt that. We’re in a “lull” due to the “pure vision” update and FSD rewrite. All of these things have interdependencies. The logjam is about to break and I think once it does, we’re going to see it iterate faster than ever.
Pretty much exactly this scenario.

Something has gone wrong. This is the danger with figures like Elon, people overpromise to please them, thinking that they can do the impossible. If FSD 2 was as good as the current self-driving, it would be out already, for further training by the fleet, even if it would be restricted to the same roads that current self-driving is. After this amount of time, something fundamentally wrong is going on at an engineering level. Yes, it’s only half a year late, but even Elon is largely silent about Tesla these days. This is making me think of Copland, the failed Mac OS from the 90s.

Moh

Reactions: KArnold
Something has gone wrong. This is the danger with figures like Elon, people overpromise to please them, thinking that they can do the impossible. If FSD 2 was as good as the current self-driving, it would be out already, for further training by the fleet, even if it would be restricted to the same roads that current self-driving is. After this amount of time, something fundamentally wrong is going on at an engineering level. Yes, it’s only half a year late, but even Elon is largely silent about Tesla these days. This is making me think of Copland, the failed Mac OS from the 90s.

Moh

They’ve already acknowledged what went wrong. It was the lack of 4d data - X, Y, Z axis + time. They weren’t taking into account the Z axis and that simple fact alone caused the previous FSD rewrite to be a dead end.
Now they needed to not only rewrite for that, but remove the radar sensor fusion and rely purely on vision. Sensor fusion sounds great but the radar specifically is an “noisy” sensor and often conflicts with the camera data. Karpathy’s recent talk explained it pretty well.

They’ve already acknowledged what went wrong. It was the lack of 4d data - X, Y, Z axis + time. They weren’t taking into account the Z axis and that simple fact alone caused the previous FSD rewrite to be a dead end.
Now they needed to not only rewrite for that, but remove the radar sensor fusion and rely purely on vision. Sensor fusion sounds great but the radar specifically is an “noisy” sensor and often conflicts with the camera data. Karpathy’s recent talk explained it pretty well.
But isn't that what caused the rewrite last year? I'm saying that something else happened that is preventing them from bringing this release to even the same level that last year's was at.

But isn't that what caused the rewrite last year? I'm saying that something else happened that is preventing them from bringing this release to even the same level that last year's was at.
It is; and we still haven’t seen the fruits of that labor, at least in production. Adding in the “pure vision” work as well and we’re where we are now. Which is way behind, but I’d rather they follow the string and find the dead ends now.

No, that is about FSD 9 being released to the beta test team. He did not mention V11. He, also, clarified that that really meant Saturday. And then confirmed that it would likely be at least a month before the FSD 9 beta is made available to the general public. (Which still may not be V11.)
Umm, not really. If you are running FSD Beta 8 you are part of the "team." All FSD is beta right now. As for v11 you can read the article on this site from yesterday:

Reactions: helvio
Umm, not really. If you are running FSD Beta 8 you are part of the "team." All FSD is beta right now.

There are only ~2,000 people, including Tesla employees, running FSD Beta 8. (I have seen very few, less than 5, TMC members admit to being part of the beta team.)

As for v11 you can read the article on this site from yesterday:
Yeah, but that still isn't V11. (The Plaid Model S is currently running V10.2.)

Reactions: FlyF4