Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 is going to be HUGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does Tesla announce major software updates? Is it possible V11 is announced on next weeks earning call?

Yes, I think it is very possible, especially now that we know that the FSD rewrite is going to private beta testing the day before the Earnings Call. So Elon could make an announcement about V11 during the Earnings Call.

In the past, Tesla has announced major software versions with an official blog and video. For example, here is the blog that Tesla put out to announce V10: Introducing Software Version 10.0 I imagine we will get a similar official blog and video announcing V11.

I'm rather looking forward to seeing a more modern looking UI and AP rewrite is a must have.

Frankly I think the current UI is fine. It's clear, functional, and pretty well organized. I'm sure Tesla could make it different, and maybe more "modern", but would it be better? And it's important in a car that the UI is clear and easy to use, far more than (say) a phone. The iPhone is now bloated with inconsistent UI design and concealed non-intuitive controls (I can't comment on Android). Sure, the Tesla UI is not the most modern, but it is internally consistent and very clear. I think it's case of "if its not broken, dont fix it".

Yes, I think it is very possible, especially now that we know that the FSD rewrite is going to private beta testing the day before the Earnings Call. So Elon could make an announcement about V11 during the Earnings Call.

In the past, Tesla has announced major software versions with an official blog and video. For example, here is the blog that Tesla put out to announce V10: Introducing Software Version 10.0 I imagine we will get a similar official blog and video announcing V11.

the only reason I think they might not announce it during the earnings call (at least with a blog post) is because it’s still supposedly a ways out. I think (and hope!) they will talk about it, but if it isn’t getting rolled out to the masses until December with the FSD rewrite then I don’t expect to see a blog post about it until just before.

Thanks for that link. It may also be about earnings, model updates, vaccine(s), Tesla solar, and or Tesla Power, etc...

Oh, certainly, lots of possibilities ... but Elon wasn’t just tweeting that out of the blue — he was replying on a thread about AP.

To boot, the timeline fits for v11 and would allow for a similar delivery as the “Unwrapping present” release we saw last December.

Reactions: DanCar
It was just a screenshot of the email that Tesla sends to Early Access. The person was just showing that they are part of Early Access. I don't think you are supposed to even say if you are part of Early Access so they took down the tweet.
Thanks, I should have just included the image. I wonder why they can't share what's in an email though, because up until that point they still haven't signed an NDA...right?

My personal guess is if the release can transfer some FSD funds from deferred income to income; they will do everything they can to get it in Q4.

Oh, I agree on the incentive .. but against that is the very bad press they will get if the release is buggy, and (worst case) liability if the software causes accidents. A lot of eyes are on Tesla, and they know it.

Sure, the Tesla UI is not the most modern, but it is internally consistent and very clear. I think it's case of "if its not broken, dont fix it".

I disagree. I use to work for a highly regarded company that tests various cars features, particularly safety, including user interfaces on behalf of several well known vehicle manufacturers. I think they would say that the UI is in need of improvement from a usability and safety point of view, especially on RHD vehicles or with left handed users.

Reactions: theBurtReynold