Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 is going to be HUGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which, for whatever reason, Musk is rarely held accountable for.
All who have tried and gave dates have failed at FSD. My money is on Tesla to be first at succeeding, but it won't be soon. The industry was rife with optimism a few years ago. Elon seems to continue with the over optimism, even in the face of much failure, perhaps because he sees big dollars at the end of the road.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
The holiday update is still on the table, supposed to be before year end:

So I would think that means the 2020.48.12.1 is not it.
I loaded it several days ago. I think it has to recalibrate side cameras because, though it was clear, it said side camera was blocked , first on one side then the other. The other oddity was that I had it set to charge to 80%, as usual, and it went to 83% (green bar was past my white line). That’s never happened before.

Einstein expected General Relativity to take few years .. it took 10 years. Tesla are attempting to do something that has never been done before .. i dont see how anyone can expect accurate estimates. Sure, Elon should be less optimistic, but its the optimism that drives the progress.

I don't recall Einstein selling stuff based on his predictions. But maybe I missed the Einstein's Always Warm brand of coffee cups.

I don't recall Einstein selling stuff based on his predictions. But maybe I missed the Einstein's Always Warm brand of coffee cups.

Come now. First, there is the simple statement of fact that no-one has yet developed and deployed an L3 driving car en masse .. so yes Tesla are indeed breaking new ground, and such endeavors are, by definition, almost impossible to predict time-wise. That was my point.

Second, there is the reality of how you get investment. If Elon had gone to the market and said "We are working on L3 driving, but are only 60% certain we will succeed, and it may take from 2 to 10 years" he would have got no interest from investors (who are only interested in quick profits). Sure, part of this is Elons personality, but a lot is about the usual showmanship needed with any publicly traded company. It's stupid, but its advertising, or do you believe all adverts are 100% accurate and truthful?

uhhhhh. is it year end yet? Or do we have to wait (again) until 2022? (asking "for a friend" that paid in 2016 for FSD and is still waiting......)

Having pre-paid for FSD on 3 vehicles so far.....I did NOT select that option on a new S order (placing a $100 bet that there will be something coming) and will wait it out and see. Having a ~100 mile daily commute almost all expressway I use what his new "AUTOPILOT included" and the current FSD features at a rate of 99% AP TO 1% FSD features. Unless it is $300 a month I will more than likely go the monthly route this time around and then not until it is at least L3 expressway capable.

Having pre-paid for FSD on 3 vehicles so far.....I did NOT select that option on a new S order (placing a $100 bet that there will be something coming) and will wait it out and see. Having a ~100 mile daily commute almost all expressway I use what his new "AUTOPILOT included" and the current FSD features at a rate of 99% AP TO 1% FSD features. Unless it is $300 a month I will more than likely go the monthly route this time around and then not until it is at least L3 expressway capable.
Dang how many cars can one go through in only 8 years

dumbass tesla owners.png

What version is that? :D

But seriously, I hope you can cut a little slack and accept that small changes can make a big difference for some people. Likewise for Model 3 / Y especially, LHD vs RHD can add to the impact of some of the changes.

After some reflection, some of my initial frustration was based more on 'why change something in a neutral or slighly negative way until there is an immediate justification' rather than the changes being unuseable.

What version is that? :D

But seriously, I hope you can cut a little slack and accept that small changes can make a big difference for some people. Likewise for Model 3 / Y especially, LHD vs RHD can add to the impact of some of the changes.

After some reflection, some of my initial frustration was based more on 'why change something in a neutral or slighly negative way until there is an immediate justification' rather than the changes being unuseable.

There's nothing wrong with the new UI, people are just whining because it's different. It's beautiful. You can still see everything. I'm writing this in big font so you can read it.