Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 is going to be HUGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yawn. Getting tired of all the complaining.

a) you don’t want to use the internal flash for the dashcam. The cells aren’t designed for that kind of continuous write.
b) the folks working on these games aren’t the same as working on the FSD stack. We all know the current stack has hit its limit so gotta deal with it till the new code launches. Should improve Autopilot greatly.
c) no thanks to CarPlay and AA. Had them in my last car and I’d rather have a decent built in stack.
d) my kid likes the fart app. So what? Sorry if we’re uncouth.
Your kid would love being around us old guys, WE Do NOT NEED AN APP.

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
Einstein expected General Relativity to take few years .. it took 10 years. Tesla are attempting to do something that has never been done before .. i dont see how anyone can expect accurate estimates. Sure, Elon should be less optimistic, but its the optimism that drives the progress.
I don’t know about you guys but I didn’t give Elon over 100,000 dollars for a FSD car thinking at this late date I would still be waiting for a trial version. At 81 waiting for anything is a poor challenge.

[QUOTE="mtndrew1, post: 5271693, member: 35613

Going to great lengths to mock those of us who don’t like a giant white void cramming currently-useful information into the edge of the display is a unique tack to take.[/QUOTE]

Ordered some new furniture so I cleared a space in the room and waited months for it to arrive. I did not have a clue that you had to do the same with a screen.

• Funny
Reactions: kavyboy
Einstein expected General Relativity to take few years .. it took 10 years. Tesla are attempting to do something that has never been done before .. i dont see how anyone can expect accurate estimates. Sure, Elon should be less optimistic, but its the optimism that drives the progress.
It is fraud to promise something you can't deliver. On Tesla's website since 2019 it has been saying automatic driving on city streets coming later this year.

It is fraud to promise something you can't deliver. On Tesla's website since 2019 it has been saying automatic driving on city streets coming later this year.
"Can't" and "haven't yet" are two very different things.

They clearly "can" deliver it, they already have to a select few. They're choosing not to deliver it to the majority as they don't think it's quite ready.

Reactions: rxlawdude

Being late isnt fraud. Otherwise every major civil engineering work, major software release, and major technology release in every industry would be "fraud".

Ok, you wanted FSD earlier, so did I. It isnt here yet, deal with it. Clearly Tesla have been making great strides toward it, even though many claimed it would NEVER happen. What do you propose to do?

Last edited:
Being late isnt fraud. Otherwise every major civil engineering work, major software release, and major technology release in every industry would be "fraud".

Ok, you wanted FSD earlier, so did I. It isnt here yet, deal with it. Clearly Tesla have been making great strides toward it, even though many claimed it would NEVER happen. What do you propose to do?

people paid Tesla money for it on their word that it would be available. People don’t pay for software releases until it is released, or any engineering work until it is completed.

people paid Tesla money for it on their word that it would be available. People don’t pay for software releases until it is released, or any engineering work until it is completed.

Sure they do .. many corporations buy software on various contracts that assume new releases that may not arrive, and major engineering works are almost always paid during the project. Again, what do you propose to do, or you just want a good rant at Tesla?

Reactions: mikes_fsd
A deal was made with Tesla. They did not honor the deal. Compensation is in order.
I notice you own Tesla stock. If they announced a refund program for FSD buyers, do you think the FSD refund would compensate you for the lowered price of the stock?

oh wait, you sold your car anyway (according to your signature line) .. so you are asking for compensation for something you dont own?

Sure they do .. many corporations buy software on various contracts that assume new releases that may not arrive, and major engineering works are almost always paid during the project. Again, what do you propose to do, or you just want a good rant at Tesla?

Engineering projects get partial payments when they hit milestones, they do not get all the money upfront. Software that is purchased is released software not beta software.

Engineering projects get partial payments when they hit milestones, they do not get all the money upfront. Software that is purchased is released software not beta software.
So what? I was pointing out that there are many different pricing models. The original point i made, which is valid, is we signed on to a high-risk project with no clear delivery date. One that was bleeding edge because it had never been done before .. NEVER. And Tesla are damn close to delivering, far closer than anyone expected. Far closer than Waymo or Cruze or MobileEye.

Sure, they are later than Elons predictions, so what? How could he know 2-3 years ago? No-one can know, its bleeding edge ok?

So if you want predictability go buy a Toyota. Or are you one of those people who wants all the returns but none of the risk? Good luck with that.