Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 is going to be HUGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, it's not the opposite at all. Misleading is misleading, lying is lying. Whether you are an aggrieved party because you bought FSD or not doesn't have any bearing on what Elon said being true or untrue. It simply determines if, and by how much, you are effected.

I didn't buy FSD, but that doesn't mean that Elon misleading isn't going to affect me in some way. How? Well, perhaps the share price is going to drop because he missed promises. And perhaps he devotes more resources (manpower dollars) to scramble to catch up to his promises. Does that mean they didn't open a service center because they didn't have enough money? Didn't make that change to the production line that would have made my car better? Didn't open that new supercharger near my house this year because they didn't have enough money to? Whatever, he still mislead. He still lied.

Yes, most of those things are very rare and very tangental. But the overall point is, you don't have to be affected in order for someone to have mislead.

So what's your claim? You want to sue Tesla for not making a product you wanted? I really don't think that's how things work in this country. But go ahead, if that makes them release FSD faster, I wholeheartedly support you!

I think we're all aware of what DanCar and the other trolls are doing here.

- People, including most of the media, have had it out for Tesla and Elon since TSLA started
- A few year(s) back Elon warned people of the Epic Burn of the Century
- TSLA shorts lost $39B in 2020 alone
- Elon overtook Jeff Bezos to became the richest man in the world
- Tesla is still a young company and is still getting started. There are decades left in this century so the burning continues.

All of the TSLAQ trolling and FUD hasn't worked and their desperation is palpable. I get the feeling that the money that supports them is drying up as the short funds, automotive OEMs, and oil industry shrink.

The last couple pages were back and forth with @DanCar a person that does not own FSD (or even a Tesla at this point).
I understand owners of FSD that are upset with timelines (even though legally/contractually Tesla did not bind themselves to any timelines).
I do not understand people like @DanCar - that post incessantly on here about being misled... how were you misled if you didn't even buy FSD? Wouldn't that be the opposite of misled/lied to?

Talk about arguing the minutae.

In any event, how about that v11 release? Maybe Elon has been cooking it up so now it's two fire emjois instead of one?

Judge Smails said it best:

giphy.gif
I think the delay is based on the revised Model S and Model X. Software may have clues to changes to the revisions and Tesla doesnt want it out until the revised Model S and Model X are announced.

The last couple pages were back and forth with @DanCar a person that does not own FSD (or even a Tesla at this point).
I understand owners of FSD that are upset with timelines (even though legally/contractually Tesla did not bind themselves to any timelines).
I do not understand people like @DanCar - that post incessantly on here about being misled... how were you misled if you didn't even buy FSD? Wouldn't that be the opposite of misled/lied to?

They are probably just Trolls .. best ignored.

- People, including most of the media, have had it out for Tesla and Elon since TSLA started
- Tesla is still a young company and is still getting started. There are decades left in this century so the burning continues.

All of the TSLAQ trolling and FUD hasn't worked and their desperation is palpable. I get the feeling that the money that supports them is drying up as the short funds, automotive OEMs, and oil industry shrink.
You have owned a Model Y for less than 7 months. Seems bold to make sweeping statements about other current and previous owners.

I'll speak for myself when I say
-I spent 5 years being an Elon enthusiast before finally getting a 3
-Do zero investing, in TSLA or otherwise
-Raised in the land of Amazonville, believe me the natives here including myself aren't keen on Bezos (and yet you failed to mention the part where Elon was only the richest man for a week, BTW, that feels like FUD?)
-Finally bought a 3 because I wanted to financially support the nascent Tesla over the entrenched and ICE-producing Nissan. And because of the aforementioned personal choice to not invest in the stock market, buying a 3 despite the massive FUD in 2018 was my way of supporting Tesla's mission. I ended up having to defend my choice to buy a 3 to multiple people in 2018 and 2019. Including strangers, who seem entitled to demand answers from Tesla owners they run into in the wild. Ask me about driving through rural Idaho.

>People that insist folks speaking their truth are "trolls" validates our decision to speak our truth, maybe even to speak it twice as loud, to get past the mob of fanboys.
>I still have my trimotor Cybertruck reservation and think about cancelling it at least weekly because of the inability of Tesla's most hardcore supporters to take criticism with grace
>Fanaticism leads to unnecessary division

I'm sorry but I would not trust the general mass population to be flying anything overhead. Malfunctions happen frequently.

This video provides an example. If your engine stalls on the ground you can roll to the side of the road. Can't really do that in the air!

Elon is right. Flying cars are dumb and dangerous.

Other aircraft.. not so much because of the training, regulations, licensing, and heavier cost burden to get your license and vehicle (aircraft).

“The masses” don’t need to drive though.... they can take the air bus.

• Disagree
Reactions: McFlurri

After reading the remarks left by people who feel they were misled about FSD all I can say is I can understand why, it seems reading comprehension isn’t their best skill.

Reactions: mikes_fsd

Ok, now explain me? I've had a model 3 longer than most (over three years now), I have tesla solar, and I'm a shareholder. I am absolutely fed up with Tesla/Elon's over promising and underdelivering, *outright lies* in some cases, slipshod handling of legitimate customer concerns, and total lack of any serious attempt to establish good feedback and communications channels with customers.

some (not all) of that is expected with companies early in the startup world, but as someone who's gone from startup through IPO to established grown-up company, I don't see any reason they cannot have made great strides in improving these areas, other than hubris and contempt... or incompetence

Last edited:
Ok, now explain me? I've had a model 3 longer than most (over three years now), I have tesla solar, and I'm a shareholder. I am absolutely fed up with Tesla/Elon's over promising and underdelivering, *outright lies* in some cases, slipshod handling of legitimate customer concerns, and total lack of any serious attempt to establish good feedback and communications channels with customers.

some (not all) of that is expected with companies early in the startup world, but as someone who's gone from startup through IPO to established grown-up company, I don't see any reason they cannot have made great strides in improving these areas, other than hubris and contempt... or incompetence
When I test drove the 3, it was actually the polite young Tesla employee who accompanied me on my test drive that solidified my decision to buy the car that day. Among other FUD-informed questions, I asked "What about Elon?" Her response - looking straight into my eyes: "There are a whole lot more people working at Tesla that care deeply about the mission. It's not all about Elon."

So it's ironic to me when these fanboys distill everything down to Elon vs the world. It's that mindset that turns people off the Tesla brand. Myself recently included. I now think about that conversation with the Tesla employee differently. And for the doubters, I'm happy to post literal receipts.

Saying people are trolls doesn’t make it so. Is that what you think everyone who disagrees with you on something is? A troll? You are only coming across as a fanboy here and calling people you disagree with trolls is not helping any case you are trying to make.

How about we start with actual sources for those claims...
Just as a reference a quick stroll through your timeline on these forums and you've paraded your "lies damn lies" mantra through every Autopilot milestone - it seems.
in 2019 it was all about HW3 never coming.
Oh, and thinking that you were promised HW5 (that one is my favorite)...

I’m really looking forward to seeing the competition’s offerings when it comes time to replace my model 3. The Taycan is a huge disappointment so that’s off my list, but maybe one of the upcoming Audis or VWs will hit the right notes.

It’s incredibly frustrating to have to decide between inferior autonomy and range from other companies, or inferior creature comforts and support from Tesla... but maybe the other companies can learn. Or maybe Tesla can get their crap together and fix their honesty issues and also offer better seats. Time will tell I guess.
yet you're still here in 2021... in these cases I wish competition would step the he!l up.

The following is about HW3 retrofits... Tesla autopilot HW3

upload_2021-1-20_8-57-22.png

oh, yeah, apparently Elon promised perpetual hardware upgrades as well. Tesla autopilot HW3
upload_2021-1-20_8-57-57.png

Thanks. I wondered what the worst metaphor I’d see today would be, glad it’s out of the way early.

View attachment 455171

Here’s what I paid for (annotation not mine, just needed the description). That is what I expect.

This is of little interest to me.

When news articles appear about the following (in order of importance), I’ll care:

1. Actual, demonstrable steps towards level 4 autonomy that are made possible with HW3.

2. Actual, demonstrated upgrades of customer cars to HW3.

3. Tesla doing upgrades in each region in order by date of FSD package purchase. I have no business getting the upgrade before others who paid for it before me.
did you get your HW3 retrofit?
It’s easier to get the software upgrade than the hardware upgrade. Ergo, I want the damned hardware so I can be ready if the software ever ships.

It seems you just enjoy shi#ing on everything Tesla, cause clearly if you could get anything remotely as good as a Tesla you would be already done with your Model 3.

Last edited:
Oh, and in 2019 when someone pointed out that you could be happier in another car (perhaps) Tesla autopilot HW3
upload_2021-1-20_9-11-10.png

It turns out everything that you call "lies and lack of transparency" at THAT time, turned out to be a few months delay at worst!

There's a perspective through which to see every one of your posts.

"I like the car" -- "I hate Elon"
STEMS at it's worst!