Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 is going to be HUGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They don't really have to at all. It's common in UI design to design something that is reactive to the screen size and resolution. In fact, most UIs are like this, whether it's websites, operating systems, etc..

Tesla has done plenty of dumb sнit before so I wouldn't put it past them to actually have different UIs but I still think it's extremely unlikely. This isn't how UIs are designed.
It just depends. The x and s are the premium brands. If this is a new strategy like suggested a few months ago

no updates for the m3 and my would allow them to have different UIsss

• Disagree
Reactions: Demonofelru
They don't really have to at all. It's common in UI design to design something that is reactive to the screen size and resolution. In fact, most UIs are like this, whether it's websites, operating systems, etc..

Tesla has done plenty of dumb sнit before so I wouldn't put it past them to actually have different UIs but I still think it's extremely unlikely. This isn't how UIs are designed.

The S/X have the binnacle so they don't need to waste space in the center screen with the speedometer, gear selection and other info. If they use the same display the S/X will have 1/3 of the center screen useless with redundant information.

Reactions: qdeathstar
So? The UI is completely identical except for the addition of the driving widget on the left hand side of the 3. Same elements, same graphics, same menus, etc..
Pretty much. Which was a poor decision in my opinion. The UI before v9, the S/X had it's own unique UI that worked very well. Then they threw in the horizontal designed UI from the 3 into the S/X vertical screen. Compared to v8, v9 & V10 in the S/X is awful.
Pretty much everything on the left side of the 3 is on the instrument cluster, the right side is the same.
The only difference is they allow one of the "apps" to be docked above the music app. Which they did not have at first and there were a TON of complaints since it's a big waste of space.

Fingers crossed.
ill-just-wait.jpg

Well...
The Regrets about what?

Here is a thread on Reddit with some leaks about the rewrite and V11 from someone with inside knowledge:

"There are lots of cool stuff on the way! v11 is actually crazy from the things I’m told. Take a look at the CuberTruck UI for a teaser."

"From my understanding, the rewrite and v11 should be out around the same time. I’m told v11 will be out about a month after the rewrite is complete. Literally don’t take this as any bit fact, but I have a hunch we may see v11 as early as late September. From my understanding v11 is running ahead of schedule. The only reason v11 may be out slightly after the rewrite is if the v11 UI relies on stuff from the rewrite. That’s my theory anyway.

The first version of the rewrite will be about the same as the current AP. A lot of new features will come really fast tho after about the first month. 90-degree turns will be in early access almost straight away. As well as smart summon is getting some huge improvements pretty fast after release. I’ve been saying, new smart summon will drive like a human. People will say “well humans drive bad”. I mean as far as moving in a parking lot. It drives with the flow most humans drive with. Whereas now summon stops randomly in the road and can’t see parking spots. With the rewrite, most people wouldn’t know the car is driving itself unless they see there’s no driver of course. It’ll park and everything like a human."

"What you’re describing with the NOA/lane changing on city streets. That will be around the same time as the 90-degree turns. We’re going to get a lot of “big” updates within a really short time period. From how it was described to me, within a few months we’re going to get multiple of these “big” features. I’d assume that’s why we won’t be getting any new big features until the rewrite is completed.

As far as the no conformation, I meant the feature is ready to go. I’m not sure if we will get this before or after the rewrite. I’d assume after. Also, to be honest I’m not sure if it will just be traffic lights, or lights and stop signs I wasn’t told and didn’t think to ask."

Version 11? : teslamotors

V11 sounds like it is going to be HUGE!

What's your point? That a global supply chain shortage caused Tesla to shift gears to completely rewrite their Tesla Vision stack so they could continue to ship their volume cars without radar, and we should therefore hold changing events against anyone who speculated or shared information prior to that?

Things change, and the way this crowd reacts to changes makes it clear that very few have ever worked in a large engineering or production organization and takes everything Tesla does personally.