Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 is going to be HUGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mind of car view, ugh. Can I dock that to the lower left corner and use the remaining 95% of the display for something useful?
This is not me firing shots at you. I'm personally fine with what the screen looks like today. Or maybe used to, not sure. But I'd like your opinion specifically about what would be "something useful". Again, this is me trying to learn and see things differently, NOT firing shots!

This is not me firing shots at you. I'm personally fine with what the screen looks like today. Or maybe used to, not sure. But I'd like your opinion specifically about what would be "something useful". Again, this is me trying to learn and see things differently, NOT firing shots!
It's a valid question. In a perfect world, I would get to choose, right. Sometimes its easier to say what isn't useful. To that end, why would I be interested in seeing my car on a video screen? I'm supposed to be looking out the windshield. We often talk about the lack of a collision avoidance light on the side mirrors. It seems to me that the "cars" appear on the display far too late to be of use, not to mention my right hand likely blocks the view of cars displayed left of mine. I feel the Xmas 2020 display is eye candy, but has reduced the size of the map too much.
How about the top left 1/6th of the screen contains the speedo, cruise speed, AP/FSB wheel like today, gear indicator and lane change warning lights usually placed on side view mirrors? That gets me all the critical information to drive my car in a concise easy to see display. Contrast that with less information taking up almost 40% of the current screen today. I like the ability to open hatch. charge port etc, so the display can change when in park.
As for the rest of the screen, I'd probably use the right side for nav like pre-Xmas2020. The space under the new consolidated information screen can be almost anything not too critical. Basically, I want more space for map and new warning lights if someone is in a lane next to me. If they can do that with DEBUG level information about the car in front of me, I can live with that. Seems pointless, but I'll take it.

Reactions: TT97
It's a valid question. In a perfect world, I would get to choose, right. Sometimes its easier to say what isn't useful. To that end, why would I be interested in seeing my car on a video screen? I'm supposed to be looking out the windshield. We often talk about the lack of a collision avoidance light on the side mirrors. It seems to me that the "cars" appear on the display far too late to be of use, not to mention my right hand likely blocks the view of cars displayed left of mine. I feel the Xmas 2020 display is eye candy, but has reduced the size of the map too much.
How about the top left 1/6th of the screen contains the speedo, cruise speed, AP/FSB wheel like today, gear indicator and lane change warning lights usually placed on side view mirrors? That gets me all the critical information to drive my car in a concise easy to see display. Contrast that with less information taking up almost 40% of the current screen today. I like the ability to open hatch. charge port etc, so the display can change when in park.
As for the rest of the screen, I'd probably use the right side for nav like pre-Xmas2020. The space under the new consolidated information screen can be almost anything not too critical. Basically, I want more space for map and new warning lights if someone is in a lane next to me. If they can do that with DEBUG level information about the car in front of me, I can live with that. Seems pointless, but I'll take it.
I can disagree with specific points but in general your idea is good. User's choice.

I hope they are approaching this method with widget-like UI. But at the same time, remember, our cars don't have an instrument cluster, so I bet they have to stick to some regulations, and as drivers, we're also subject to those.

In addition, I think the "screen loss" shouldn't be something frowned upon. It's only when FSD is active, which is beta and by definition not finished. When it's released as a product, then yes, the argument is valid. But no one saw what the heck FSD 9 looks like as of now, and it could be submitted as feedback, but at the same time, I believe the screen resizing has a reason behind it. Let's wait (hopefully until Saturday) and see!

BTW, from your signature, I'm not sure whether you have FSD or not. Other than that, our builds are exactly the same, twin!

How about give me full screen web browser when car is parked? Why the hell do I need to see the car animation :rolleyes:
Tesla cheaping out on traditional blind spot/rear cross traffic alert system but there UI is totally useless on cars approaching from behind especially with 3D view (when you tap on the car and the panoramic view is slightly more useful). UI in car should be to keep your eyes on the road as much as possible but Tesla UI wants you to constantly keep looking at the screen. Why not give me ability to keep rear view camera, maps, web browser, music etc.(multiple apps on) For new comers please look up v8 which worked perfectly fine on MCU1 o_O

It’s been a year and arguably the worst year in recent memory as far as actually delivered updates go.

Where is version 11?

Hah, I think we're about a year out from the fire fire holiday update.

That said, some people got some nice things recently. FSD Beta, waypoints, remote sentry view. I got none of those despite having an AP3 car with "FSD" so I'm still salty.