Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 is going to be HUGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've actually started to wonder whether or not they'll support v11 on MCU2. Obviously the new S/X have the newer MCU-Z with v11, and now we know it's starting to go into Model Y in China, and there's those product/part sheets showing the MCU-Z for 3/Y for the Euro market.
Wouldn’t be the first time Tesla screwed early adopters.

Reactions: plumazul

You mean the folks that'll upgrade 9 year old, 1st generation 2012 cars to a new infotainment computer for a reasonable cost?

Not exactly "getting screwed" in my book ... There's tons to criticize Tesla over, but this surely isn't one of them.

I'm hoping they do a similar program for MCU2 to MCU-Z upgrades eventually. There's *no* reason to do so right now, especially with supply chain shortages and all. Use the chips for new builds, and if/when supply exceeds demand, then we can talk about MCU2 upgrades.

You mean the folks that'll upgrade 9 year old, 1st generation 2012 cars to a new infotainment computer for a reasonable cost?

Not exactly "getting screwed" in my book ... There's tons to criticize Tesla over, but this surely isn't one of them.

I'm hoping they do a similar program for MCU2 to MCU-Z upgrades eventually. There's *no* reason to do so right now, especially with supply chain shortages and all. Use the chips for new builds, and if/when supply exceeds demand, then we can talk about MCU2 upgrades.
Lol. You know there’s a lot more to that story and it ain’t just MCU’s.

Reactions: plumazul
WOW! Clearly SOME people have been spoiled by Tesla's firmware updates? Lemme see here? How many car manufacturers are there on the planet? After you have figured that out, then tell me how many of those manufactures provide over the air firmware upgrades for free? After you figure that out, please tell me how many of the OTHER manufacturers have provided ANY kind of path for upgrading their older cars? Now, after you have come to a truthful answer, than please tell me how you've been screwed?

WOW! Clearly SOME people have been spoiled by Tesla's firmware updates? Lemme see here? How many car manufacturers are there on the planet? After you have figured that out, then tell me how many of those manufactures provide over the air firmware upgrades for free? After you figure that out, please tell me how many of the OTHER manufacturers have provided ANY kind of path for upgrading their older cars? Now, after you have come to a truthful answer, than please tell me how you've been screwed?
Oh you mean like updates that cripple your DCFC speeds and cap your voltage limit? Cool. Thx.

It's not that uncommon in the software industry (I'm a software engineer), if Apple was developing iOS 16 so that it would support an iPhone 5, they'd be seriously limited, and really compromise the user experience for people with much newer equipment.

And from what I understand it's not a huge lift to change the MCU, even if it is out of pocket. They should just offer lease cars a free update, since they're getting them back anyway :D

And of course, all this is just rando speculation, v11 will likely be for all MCU2 and up vehicles :)

Oh you mean like updates that cripple your DCFC speeds and cap your voltage limit? Cool. Thx.
Clearly you believe you have been wronged as you didn't actually answer ANY of the questions in my post, but instead thought it would be cool to give a snarky reply without answering. I rest my case that SOME snowflakes have been spoiled and now feel that they are entitled. LMAO