Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 is going to be HUGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WOW! Clearly SOME people have been spoiled by Tesla's firmware updates? Lemme see here? How many car manufacturers are there on the planet? After you have figured that out, then tell me how many of those manufactures provide over the air firmware upgrades for free? After you figure that out, please tell me how many of the OTHER manufacturers have provided ANY kind of path for upgrading their older cars? Now, after you have come to a truthful answer, than please tell me how you've been screwed?
Well.. in his defense.. isn't that one of the reasons to buy a Tesla in the first place? That they promise to add features via OTA? IMO that's not being spoiled.. its getting what you paid for and what was promised.

It would be like a person trying to choose between an iPhone & Android.. and choosing the iPhone because they know each yeah Apple will upgrade the software to a new version of iOS for the next 5 years or so. While the person with the Android phone will be lucky to get even one major software update. At this point.. its very much expected for Tesla to continue these updates.

For me I dont really care right now, but I'm 50/50 on the subject of V11. One one hand its cool that car has gotten OTA updates once a month for most of the year. On the other hand it would be un-cool to have bought a 2021 Tesla Model Y that is running older software like v10.. and the 2021 Model S refresh is running newer software like v11. You would think two Telsa's made in the same model year.. would extremely close software. The S should of course have more features due to its price, but the basic software should be very close. Even crazier if the Model Y that now comes with the AMD hardware.. get the v11 stuff and the Model Y with the Intel Atom hardware stays stuck on v10.

Last edited:
Lol. You know there’s a lot more to that story and it ain’t just MCU’s.

Sure, but if we’re talking firmware updates like this …. It pretty much is MCUs.

Like I said, lotsa other things to get upset about but firmware unavailability ain’t one. That’s been great. Model S S/N 0000001? Yup, can update to a current MCU and be on the latest firmware.

Reactions: FlyF4
I wonder why there are Teslas running 358 different sets of firmware out there according to Teslascope if they can all be updated.

Looks like 2.3% of us are still holding onto 2020.48.12.1 (the 'classic' UI)! Hang in there my superior-interface friends :)

• Funny
Reactions: kavyboy
Clearly you believe you have been wronged as you didn't actually answer ANY of the questions in my post, but instead thought it would be cool to give a snarky reply without answering. I rest my case that SOME snowflakes have been spoiled and now feel that they are entitled. LMAO
I haven't received an update for my Model S in over a year. My wife has received 2 updates over that time (she drives a Ford EV) and has ordered a hardware update that cost not $2,000, but only $300 with free installation. Does THAT answer your question?

I haven't received an update for my Model S in over a year. My wife has received 2 updates over that time (she drives a Ford EV) and has ordered a hardware update that cost not $2,000, but only $300 with free installation. Does THAT answer your question?

Upgrade your MCU1 to MCU2, and updates will continue.

MCU1 is — at best — 12 year old technology. Time to be put out to pasture.

Reactions: Bill Price
Upgrade your MCU1 to MCU2, and updates will continue.

MCU1 is — at best — 12 year old technology. Time to be put out to pasture.
I AGREE that MCU1 is terrible. It should NEVER have been installed in my car since it was already obsolete at the time. When I bought my car Tesla made an explicit promise that my car had "all the hardware necessary" to run FSD when it was ready. In my case Tesla will eventually have to explain to a judge why they now want to charge me for something i've already paid for.

Also, let's not forget, Tesla software updates BROKE my car. There are many things that worked fine when I bought my car that now no longer work. The updates are responsible, nothing else.

I AGREE that MCU1 is terrible. It should NEVER have been installed in my car since it was already obsolete at the time. When I bought my car Tesla made an explicit promise that my car had "all the hardware necessary" to run FSD when it was ready. In my case Tesla will eventually have to explain to a judge why they now want to charge me for something i've already paid for.

Also, let's not forget, Tesla software updates BROKE my car. There are many things that worked fine when I bought my car that now no longer work. The updates are responsible, nothing else.

Best of luck with your lawsuit.

• Funny
Reactions: israndy
Sad that, service does suck, too big, too fast. What 2017 Ford ev was there?
The Ford Focus Electric. They started making it in 2011 but it was improved in 2017 and actually became a useful product. It was sort of a compliance/test-bed/concept car. There are many used ones out there and since Ford has very good Battery Management most are in great shape. Perfect around town car or for a student.

If the Tesla Masses really managed to get Waypoints into Tesla software (I wouldn't know, I haven't gotten the update) the next mass complaint HAS to be getting uniform updates, or baby steps, some transparency on who gets what. Why not release the same update number on the same day to every car, even of the software is completely different on each platform. We get the features of that update that our car can handle.

If the Tesla Masses really managed to get Waypoints into Tesla software (I wouldn't know, I haven't gotten the update) the next mass complaint HAS to be getting uniform updates, or baby steps, some transparency on who gets what. Why not release the same update number on the same day to every car, even of the software is completely different on each platform. We get the features of that update that our car can handle.
That would make sense.

Making sense is not the Tesla way.

Reactions: plumazul