Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 MagSafe phone mount solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I got a new giant phone (RIP iPhone mini 😥) and needed to redo my mount. Then I had epiphany that there's a large section of the screen that I never use so I taped the MagSafe charger directly to the screen. So far it's working great!
IMG_0065.jpeg
1666664170129.jpeg

My old mount:
1666664350092.jpeg

Just get the MagBak
Yeah, I meant to post an update. The only real issue with my setup is that the screen gives off A LOT of heat so the phone doesn't really charge. Sometimes it gets so hot that the screen on the phone dims. Minor issue is having to rotate or remove phone to type on onscreen keyboard.
I was thinking of making a mount like the MagBak. I like that it mounts overlapping the edge of the screen, I'll probably switch to that.

Yeah, I meant to post an update. The only real issue with my setup is that the screen gives off A LOT of heat so the phone doesn't really charge. Sometimes it gets so hot that the screen on the phone dims. Minor issue is having to rotate or remove phone to type on onscreen keyboard.
I was thinking of making a mount like the MagBak. I like that it mounts overlapping the edge of the screen, I'll probably switch to that.
yeah, I have it and I really like it. very reliable mount, it’s a bit expensive but worth every cent. i tucked the cable in the side panel of the center console and routed it to the rear AC vents.

getting full qi fast charging.

I have a code for 15% off FRIEND-75FFJRR

feel free to use it if you like, thats how I got mine for 85