Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 Missing Feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Prior to V11, i could set the number of seconds between me and the car in front of me when in Auto Pilot mode. I'd set it to two seconds and have been quite happy. Since V11, i've noticed that the distance is now set to 1.5 seconds and when i checked out the Autopilot settings, i can no longer find the option to change the time.

Am i missing something, or is this a feature Tesla chose to delete?

Laura

Prior to V11, i could set the number of seconds between me and the car in front of me when in Auto Pilot mode. I'd set it to two seconds and have been quite happy. Since V11, i've noticed that the distance is now set to 1.5 seconds and when i checked out the Autopilot settings, i can no longer find the option to change the time.

Am i missing something, or is this a feature Tesla chose to delete?

Laura
It's not in seconds. It's in Elons, a special unit used by the car. 😉 You can use the search command here if you want to know more about how the 1to 7 scale relates to following distance.

But to answer your question, sliding the right wheel button either left or right will change the following distance.