Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 only one recent app showing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to figure out this, in my opinion, usability trainwreck update and I'm finding only one "recent app" icon shows in the bottom bar.

All the docs show the most recent 2 apps but mine just replaces the one single recent app showing. Does everyone else see 2 recent apps or just one? Am I missing something?

If you remove one of your custom icons on the left, it will show two recently used icons on the right. It's silly, as I think would be room to always show two recently used even if you fill your custom selections. I'm hoping they revise this whole thing soon.

I am glad im not the only one that couldn't figure this *sugar* out. App(S) and it only shows one... like wtf. This is some high school project level of design.

Also just today I need to save a dash cam clip, and it takes ****ing 3 steps.
Click on Car icon --- > click on camera --->swipe down / click car icon again to GTFO the menu screen.

And no, I ain't gonna hit the honk in the middle of the freeway.

Also just today I need to save a dash cam clip, and it takes ****ing 3 steps.
Click on Car icon --- > click on camera --->swipe down / click car icon again to GTFO the menu screen.

And no, I ain't gonna hit the honk in the middle of the freeway.
Once you display the dashcam icon, you can just press and hold it briefly to save the footage, no menu required. That’s nothing new. Fortunately, on my “legacy” Model S, V11 didn’t remove those icons from the top of the touchscreen.

Once you display the dashcam icon, you can just press and hold it briefly to save the footage, no menu required. That’s nothing new. Fortunately, on my “legacy” Model S, V11 didn’t remove those icons from the top of the touchscreen.
Huh? I have camera and dashcam app icons in the shortcuts bar and long pressing either just brings up the apps locker.