Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I‘d sure like to hear how it’s a ”safety issue” when all you have to do is push the button on the end of the stalk LIKE EVERY OTHER CAR ON THE ROAD.

I can answer this easily. I was driving, the auto wipers are trash so they decided not to wipe at all, rain was increasing in intensity, I was on a curvy road, and I needed to change the wipers to a manual setting. It was absurd on the previous version, but the touch targets were easily double the size they are now. Having to take your eyes off the road to change the wiper speed is ridiculous, and they made it WORSE somehow.

Reactions: Pseudofinn
I can answer this easily. I was driving, the auto wipers are trash so they decided not to wipe at all, rain was increasing in intensity, I was on a curvy road, and I needed to change the wipers to a manual setting. It was absurd on the previous version, but the touch targets were easily double the size they are now. Having to take your eyes off the road to change the wiper speed is ridiculous, and they made it WORSE somehow.

You had two options, both perfectly safe. Option 1: press the button on the end of the stalk and the wipers would have wiped. In my experience it also quite often "wakes them up" when they didn't seem to want to wipe. 2: Use voice commands. Neither option requires any unsafe clicking of tiny buttons or taking your eyes off the road. Simple.

I don't see how the new v11 made that less safe than having to click the little tiny wiper button in the lower left corner of the previous version?

I get that v11 isn't perfect, but saying the wipers are now unsafe is being overly dramatic. There's nothing "unsafe" about pushing the button on the stalk.

Why are you even using the button on the screen? What’s wrong with hitting the button on the stalk? That’s what I do when I need a wipe. :)

There’s nothing dangerous here, hit the button on the stalk. That screen space that was being used for wipers was a waste.
The fact that someone gave you a thumbs for that post is ridiculous.😂 Sensitive folk on these forums.

Has tesla provided any kind of revised list of voice commands? As far as I can tell, “Show tire pressure” and ”Show odometer“ don’t seem to work any more…maybe some voice commands have been dumped, maybe even other commands have been added. Any documentation to reflect changes of voice commands?

Because changing to manual wipers is one-and-done. With the button I have to hit it every few moments.
I'm totally lost here, and starting to think I'm going crazy, or already there?.....what am I missing, please help me:

Old UI.....you touch the wiper stalk button, the wiper speed menu pops on the screen, you choose the setting.
New UI....you touch the wiper stalk button, the wiper speed menu pops on the screen, you choose the setting.

I never used the old wiper icon, it was too easy to miss while I'm driving.....always just touched the stalk. Not once in three years has it not brought up the wiper menu.

So I've just got V11 and mostly I'm disappointed. I have some questions?

1. How do you access driver profiles? I can't find these anywhere and I use them a lot.
2. How do you get the music tab to be just at the bottom of the screen like before. Now it takes either half or the whole screen. The navigation was squeezed in a previous update that made the left hand side car bigger and is now squeezed from the bottom. It is now only about 1/3 of the screen! (see enclosed photo)

other questions include:

quick access to seat heaters?
quick access to wipers?

All in all, it's a mess. I like the configurable bottom screen (although not that you can only have 4 icons on it) and the blindspot cameras ..... but nothing else. Could Tesla please hire some decent UX engineers......View attachment 748127
Has anyone found how to display the odometer and efficiency numbers that used to be accessed (along with TPMS) by swiping on the bottom left? I am one of those weirdos that loves to track wH/mile on all my trips.

Reactions: GSP
Has anyone found how to display the odometer and efficiency numbers that used to be accessed (along with TPMS) by swiping on the bottom left? I am one of those weirdos that loves to track wH/mile on all my trips.
You have to go into the menus by pressing the car icon in the bottom left of the main screen. Then there is a new "trips" submenu that displays that info (and covers the entire map.)

Reactions: jbrazor
Let me answer these, too.

Option 1: press the button on the end of the stalk and the wipers would have wiped. In my experience it also quite often "wakes them up" when they didn't seem to want to wipe.

Pressing the wipe button does nothing in heavy rain. You're in Ithica, so you get heavy rain, so there's no excuse for not knowing this. Also, the auto wipers are garbage and there's no "waking them up". Using a neural net to detect rain was foolish. Driving where there's no external light, like where I was, means the camera doesn't see the rain no matter what you do. Though I have plenty footage of the wipers not working during broad daylight too.

2: Use voice commands. Neither option requires any unsafe clicking of tiny buttons or taking your eyes off the road. Simple.

Voice commands require a data connection. When driving on twisty mountain roads at night where there's no data service, voice commands are worthless. Again, an attempt to fix a problem nobody was having by removing the ability to just set a speed.

Meanwhile, in the Plaid Model S, you can press the wipe button, then use the scroll wheel to set the speed manually. Something you can not do in the 3/Y, which we have been asking for Tesla to enable for YEARS now. There are easy solutions to these problems, but Tesla is refusing to do the basic minimum things to make driving actually safer. But they'll add idiotic features like a megaphone, because it's a distraction to make you forget how awful this update actually was.

So I've just got V11 and mostly I'm disappointed. I have some questions?

1. How do you access driver profiles? I can't find these anywhere and I use them a lot.
2. How do you get the music tab to be just at the bottom of the screen like before. Now it takes either half or the whole screen. The navigation was squeezed in a previous update that made the left hand side car bigger and is now squeezed from the bottom. It is now only about 1/3 of the screen! (see enclosed photo)

other questions include:

quick access to seat heaters?
quick access to wipers?

All in all, it's a mess. I like the configurable bottom screen (although not that you can only have 4 icons on it) and the blindspot cameras ..... but nothing else. Could Tesla please hire some decent UX engineers......View attachment 748127

I found if you tap the wiper blade on the stock (same with lights) the quick command comes up on the screen, it didn't do this before.

• Disagree
Reactions: DrDabbles