Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I downloaded the newest software update on my 3. What a mistake. First thing that happened was I had put on the pet setting when we went to shop. Came out of the store and couldn’t get rid of the pet screen and therefore, couldn’t start the car. Tesla was no help and eventually we lost connection. Luckily I looked at the app on my phone and was able to turn off pet mode from there. Then the car started. Today I wanted to set the driver’s seat to my preset position but couldn’t find where to do it. Finally found it under settings. Now the phone in the car seems not to work. It looks like I’m connected but there is no sound. Hard to get the radio to show up. Who knows will happen next. I hate to think about it. Tesla made a huge mistake by issuing this update!!

Yesterday I downloaded the newest software update on my 3. What a mistake. First thing that happened was I had put on the pet setting when we went to shop. Came out of the store and couldn’t get rid of the pet screen and therefore, couldn’t start the car. Tesla was no help and eventually we lost connection. Luckily I looked at the app on my phone and was able to turn off pet mode from there. Then the car started. Today I wanted to set the driver’s seat to my preset position but couldn’t find where to do it. Finally found it under settings. Now the phone in the car seems not to work. It looks like I’m connected but there is no sound. Hard to get the radio to show up. Who knows will happen next. I hate to think about it. Tesla made a huge mistake by issuing this update!!
I agree, it sucks, the blind spot cams have a small delay which you end up staring away from the road down even for a couple split seconds, it dangerous, everything is moved around, the music is a complete and total disaster, it was a mess before but now its just a disaster... two and three taps to do things you used to be able to do in 1 tap..not cool, *sugar* update.

All the key functions I used daily are now hidden at least +1 level deep - DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.
  1. Front seat heater settings are no longer on the home screen
  2. Front/rear window defog buttons are no longer on the home screen
  3. Garage door opening prompts would auto-pup-up when I neared the garage - not anymore. Now I have to hunt for them within the new stupid screen layout.
  4. When my wife and/or me switched cars (phone profile association never worked), I could reset it right from the home screen - not anymore. Now I have to hunt for them within the new stupid screen layout.
Tesla,
Bring back v10 screen layout as an option, and quick fixing what wasn't broken!

a

P.S.: Tesla, congratulations - you've invented a way to make OTA updates capability a net negative !

I had put on the pet setting when we went to shop. Came out of the store and couldn’t get rid of the pet screen and therefore, couldn’t start the car.
I noticed that some display windows don't have an 'X' to close it.

So you need instead to put your finger at the top and slide your finger verticaly
toward the bottom of the screen and the windows will slide down and close.

This was already the case when closing the Music display windows.

My Model 3 Performance got the new Holiday update on the 24th at night. Since then, I have had random issues and wondering if anyone has any idea what to do. I did have an error on my screen during the update that said I think it was "Server 504 error". Should I just request service and see if they can force reinstall the update?

My issues are as follows

Charging to 93~94% when set to 90%
Loss of range. Car has 2,337 miles and before the update when set to 90% it would charge to 282 miles. Now it is 274 miles
Car sometimes now takes up to 20 seconds to wake once in the car instead of the screening turning on instantly when entering
Twice now when accelerating from a stand still, the car ignores pedal input

Reactions: Type 5
FWIW, nothing probably other than a few seconds of satisfaction, I dropped a note on the Tesla website complaining about how this update is less safe and more annoying. The only place that I could find was the Board of Directors contact page.

I have no illusions that it will help but I'm So Disappointed in this update (negative upgrade!) that I had to rant a bit.

I also noticed that when you have a destination set and you perform an action that pulls up a menu and blocks the map on the right 2/3rds of the center display, the mini navigation menu that used to pop up at the top of the car visualization screen (left 1/3rd) now appears at the bottom. I don't like that change either.
Yes, and if you have the new blindspot camera feature turned on, those navigation instructions are hidden when the turn signal is active. Stupid, stupid, stupid! It seems like whoever designed the interface never actually drove the car to test the changes.