Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had no idea there was a reboot. I bought mine, 56, from a relative in 64. Automatic everything. I used to joke that when you stepped on the gas pedal it automatically turned in to the next gas station.

Mine had different hubcaps, but looked a lot like this
1992 Buick Roadmaster Photos, Informations, Articles - BestCarMag.com

For a large car it got decent mileage, 18 city and 25 highway. The 1992 had a Chevy 3/4 ton pickup engine, but the later ones had a Corvette engine. There was a station wagon version too. It was the same chassis as the Chevy Caprice/Impala SS.

Why don't the climate shortcut on the main screen have a level up/down instead of temp up/down? I adjust the power more than the temperature.

This has been nagging at me for quite a while..

I've never understood what the temperature setting in a car is controlling. Where is it measuring the temperature? It can't be the output from the thing. When I run the AC, it is clearly coming out cooler than the setting. It doesn't have a way of measuring anything near me. I can only imagine it measures the temperature of the air intake for the ventilation, although I have no idea where that is. Maybe under the dash. So the under the dash temperature is well controlled.

One of the things I find amusing, that most people don't even notice, is how the air in the car moves around. My previous cars were pickups with a very limited airspace. The model X is huge with a very large airspace. When the car turns a corner, the air doesn't turn with it. Air from the back ends up in the front, and it's not the same temperature. Winter is the worst, getting the fridge air from the boot into the front seat.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
I've never understood what the temperature setting in a car is controlling. Where is it measuring the temperature? It can't be the output from the thing. When I run the AC, it is clearly coming out cooler than the setting. It doesn't have a way of measuring anything near me. I can only imagine it measures the temperature of the air intake for the ventilation, although I have no idea where that is. Maybe under the dash. So the under the dash temperature is well controlled.

One of the things I find amusing, that most people don't even notice, is how the air in the car moves around. My previous cars were pickups with a very limited airspace. The model X is huge with a very large airspace. When the car turns a corner, the air doesn't turn with it. Air from the back ends up in the front, and it's not the same temperature. Winter is the worst, getting the fridge air from the boot into the front seat.
It’s the same in every car with a temp setting - there‘s a temperature sensor somewhere in the car that reads a nominal air temp. It will never be terribly accurate for the reasons you state and even if it were, the humidity, location of the sun, your clothing and whether you’re drinking hot coffee or a cold Coke all play a roll in how warm or cold you feel so you adjust the climate temperature to where you feel comfortable. I have mine set at 20º C. Is it actually 20º C? I have no idea but that’s where I’m comfortable.

Reactions: SanCarlosJeff

The app has a current temperature setting, and dog mode displays the current temp. I assume the HVAC is using that sensor. There used to be a temperature sensor in the front armrest behind a small, circular grate, if I remember right. I don't know where it is now.

While on the topic, I'd really love there to be not a set temperature, but a set temperature range. If I turn the temp up in the afternoon to barely tolerable to save energy, I do NOT need the heater on the next morning to make things almost-too-hot. If I set the heat low in the AM, I don't need the AC blasting in the PM. Really, anywhere between 65 and 80 is fine for me.

It’s the same in every car with a temp setting - there‘s a temperature sensor somewhere in the car that reads a nominal air temp. It will never be terribly accurate for the reasons you state and even if it were, the humidity, location of the sun, your clothing and whether you’re drinking hot coffee or a cold Coke all play a roll in how warm or cold you feel so you adjust the climate temperature to where you feel comfortable. I have mine set at 20º C. Is it actually 20º C? I have no idea but that’s where I’m comfortable.

That's the problem. If it were a control that goes to 11, I'm ok with that too. But it is never a good setting once the conditions change, even a little bit. I'm always tweaking the fan and the temperature to try to be comfortable. I don't see how it is any improvement over my '97 pickup with a manual control for the damper on the heater core/thermostat for the A/C and dampers to control where the air goes. The one control was a bit sticky, but otherwise I could make it work just fine! The temperature marking on the control I want to say was blue on one end and red on the other, with a fade in the middle. A friend once told me that about the half way point was a contact that would enable the A/C in the blue range, even though the heater core damper was not completely closed off. This gave the optimum conditions for defrosting.

To be fair to v11, I need to post when they correct stuff (like they did with the seat heater/etc shorcuts)...

I always thought the placement of the blind spot image was bad because it covered up the visualization which sort of defeats the purpose... so not only did they make the visualization adjust, but by making it customizable to where it's at was a nice improvment.

I put it over the map (top centerish) just because I don't want to mess with the visualization at all.

Now I just need a HVAC shortcut to adjust power not temperature.

Reactions: bay74
That's the problem. If it were a control that goes to 11, I'm ok with that too. But it is never a good setting once the conditions change, even a little bit. I'm always tweaking the fan and the temperature to try to be comfortable. I don't see how it is any improvement over my '97 pickup with a manual control for the damper on the heater core/thermostat for the A/C and dampers to control where the air goes. The one control was a bit sticky, but otherwise I could make it work just fine! The temperature marking on the control I want to say was blue on one end and red on the other, with a fade in the middle. A friend once told me that about the half way point was a contact that would enable the A/C in the blue range, even though the heater core damper was not completely closed off. This gave the optimum conditions for defrosting.
Like I said, in a car the ‘comfortable’ temperature is dependent on many factors. The advantage of having a thermostat is it will at least get close. I generally don’t need to adjust It more than a few degrees up or down. Once in a while I’ll turn the fan all the way up, but in general bumping the temp down does that, too. It will also be smarter about turning on the A/C when necessary based on the outside temp.

Another advantage in our Odyssey is the system waits to turn on until the engine is sufficiently warmed up so it’s not just blowing ice cold Air on you.

To be fair to v11, I need to post when they correct stuff (like they did with the seat heater/etc shorcuts)...

I always thought the placement of the blind spot image was bad because it covered up the visualization which sort of defeats the purpose... so not only did they make the visualization adjust, but by making it customizable to where it's at was a nice improvment.

I put it over the map (top centerish) just because I don't want to mess with the visualization at all.

Now I just need a HVAC shortcut to adjust power not temperature.
Yes - they have made some improvements to undo the total fustercluck botch job they initially released. It’s sad that it’s taken them so long to do so, but beggars can’t be choosers, right? 🧐