Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, it sucks, the blind spot cams have a small delay which you end up staring away from the road down even for a couple split seconds, it dangerous, everything is moved around, the music is a complete and total disaster, it was a mess before but now its just a disaster... two and three taps to do things you used to be able to do in 1 tap..not cool, *sugar* update.
I'm afraid every time an update comes around. Nothing ever improves and I have to relearn how to use my car. After one update my navigation stopped working and now I'm told I need a new CPU to the tune of 2000.00. This last update took out my bluetooth connection and I have no idea how to adjust the performance level because the button marked DRIVING has vanished.

Is this thread still a thing? If one reads every post, it becomes clear that the major complaints lodged against the V11 UI were fixed with subsequent software updates.

They have fixed some things, but quite a bit is still ergonomically worse than V10. I want V8 back or I'd settle for V9, that was much nicer than anything that came after.

Is this thread still a thing? If one reads every post, it becomes clear that the major complaints lodged against the V11 UI were fixed with subsequent software updates.
They still haven't fixed V10 which shrunk the map and display so that the useless cartoon visualization of my car driving down the road increased from about 1/5 of the screen to 1/3 of the screen. After those complaints, Elon tweeted that we would have the ability to adjust the size of different aspects of the display to customize this but that has never happened. So V10 is still not fixed.

I appreciate the recent updates that allow us to put defrost and seat warmer icons back on the bottom of the main screen. That is a huge fix of V11, but there are still many things not fixed such as tire pressure and trip displays being buried in the menus unless you want them to cover the entire screen. So V11 is not fixed either.

status icons (bluetooth, wifi, etc.) used to be a glance away, on the top right corner. now they are behind a menu. it. is. insane. why the eff would you hide these things? soooooo stupid.

i'm really happy people like V11 (sarcasm). can't wait for more improvements (again, sarcasm)

just really tired of changing s@#t for the sake of change and then claiming it's better.

it's not.

just really tired of changing s@#t for the sake of change

This is a problem, IMO. I sure don't need everything shuffled around once a year.

My experience is that things got worse from v10 to v11... then I read many people saying v7 was better than v8, v8 was better then v9, and v9 was better than v10. This is not encouraging.

I work in software, so I'm not stranger to designers getting tired of their software and wanting to "freshen things up", however users do not want that. Users spend time and energy getting familiar with the software, and no one wants those efforts discarded.

I'm happy for an update when it includes a bug fix or a new feature. Otherwise, meh... who moved my cheese? (yells at cloud)

This is a problem, IMO. I sure don't need everything shuffled around once a year.

My experience is that things got worse from v10 to v11... then I read many people saying v7 was better than v8, v8 was better then v9, and v9 was better than v10. This is not encouraging.

I work in software, so I'm not stranger to designers getting tired of their software and wanting to "freshen things up", however users do not want that. Users spend time and energy getting familiar with the software, and no one wants those efforts discarded.

I'm happy for an update when it includes a bug fix or a new feature. Otherwise, meh... who moved my cheese? (yells at cloud)
This!
I want to scream every time I see someone touting a ‘fresh clean look!’

Radio presets are still a mess too. Used to be you would see 6 presets, flicking the scroll wheel left/right on the steering wheel would predictably move to the next or previous preset, and the order didn’t change. You could also see the current track and artist at a glance.

Now, only 3 presets fit, they reorder every time you change the current station, they are intermingled with my phone as a Bluetooth source for some reason, and I have no idea what the scroll wheel does (apparently neither does Tesla as they even broke it in a recent release). The space to show track info is so tiny most artist names don’t fit in it without marquee scrolling.

Add to this that each source takes up its own slot in the precious bottom bar slots, dashcam takes up a precious slot, and energy graph takes up a precious slot.

So yeah this thread is still a thing. 8 months after release and these things are still not fixed.

I think Tesla went out of their way to try to make things more difficult in the UI so that people wouldn’t play with it as much while driving down the road.

At least that’s my suspicion…

Of course the stubborn among us we’re gonna do it anyway and crash as a big FU Tesla… then Tesla will just get sued for making it impossible to use menu system and be right back to where they didn’t want to be.