Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I enjoy the challenge of reading the small text size - especially with the faded gray font (are they trying to save ink)?
No, really - the extra time trying to decipher the words makes distraction time increase the heart rate. (And quite a few near misses or hits)
But complaints here will do nothing.

Yes, exactly. Web sites also use the faint gray now. It's a style thing, you know, "fashion". Tesla is all about fashion. Fashion over safety! "I'd rather look good, than feel good!"

Reactions: sleepydoc
Yes, exactly. Web sites also use the faint gray now. It's a style thing, you know, "fashion". Tesla is all about fashion. Fashion over safety! "I'd rather look good, than feel good!"

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance went into this. Some people are more concerned about form and some more about function. He talked about a friend with a BMW motorcycle who was horrified when he suggested fixing his loose handlebars with a piece from a beer can. The author a function guy saw the material of the beer can and saw it was the prefect thing to make a shim. His friend, a form guy was horrified at the thought of fixing a BMW with a beer can.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance went into this. Some people are more concerned about form and some more about function. He talked about a friend with a BMW motorcycle who was horrified when he suggested fixing his loose handlebars with a piece from a beer can. The author a function guy saw the material of the beer can and saw it was the prefect thing to make a shim. His friend, a form guy was horrified at the thought of fixing a BMW with a beer can.

I read that book about a hundred years ago. I don't recall this part, but I can see it being in there.

I enjoyed the book as well. There was a section discussing if ghosts are real or not, and how to determine. Somewhat similar to the form and function dialogue.

In any event, V11 still sucks and some of the features we once had are still missing after multiple updates! I still cannot answer the phone without taking my hands off the wheel (yoke). If I want to view basic trip and efficiency data it requires and covers up the whole center display whereas before it took a small portion of the driver display. That these shortcomings even make its way to the end user or tolerated by the software development team is disappointing.

I enjoyed the book as well. There was a section discussing if ghosts are real or not, and how to determine. Somewhat similar to the form and function dialogue.

In any event, V11 still sucks and some of the features we once had are still missing after multiple updates! I still cannot answer the phone without taking my hands off the wheel (yoke). If I want to view basic trip and efficiency data it requires and covers up the whole center display whereas before it took a small portion of the driver display. That these shortcomings even make its way to the end user or tolerated by the software development team is disappointing.

Yeah, the games seem to run "over top" of the UI now... even allowing the climate controls to be adjusted during a game. At first this seemed like a welcome addition, except I've notice the games now run like crap. I'm guessing the software developers did their testing on a Ryzen MCU. Planned obsolescence after *one year*.

Pooh on Tesla for this. I bought my car just for the games. I could've saved $50k and bought an Xbox and an eBike.

Why don't the climate shortcut on the main screen have a level up/down instead of temp up/down? I adjust the power more than the temperature.

This has been nagging at me for quite a while..

I would be on board with that as well I've always felt that the HVAC system in my Model S underperforms when I leave it in auto. It reduces the fan speed to almost nothing as it approaches set temperature, both heating and cooling and therefore the car seems to become warmer / cooler etc. so I wind up having to turn the fan speed up to remain comfortable.

Although I have noticed it seems to be doing somewhat better lately maybe it got tweaked in one of the updates that I've gotten over the last several months. I'll see if it continues through the winter season

Reactions: sleepydoc
Speaking of boats, I remember my grandfather’s Buick Electra 225, a 1959 I think. Boat with fins. My first true boat was a 1968 Cadillac Sixty Special Fleetwood Brougham. Sitting in the back your extended legs could not reach the front seats, and there were foot rests for you. Easily and comfortably sat 6 people of normal size with huge bench seats front and back. This was my first car with cruise control and auto high beams, both of which worked very well. I had it for a few years then traded when gasoline prices went from 19¢/gallon up to 25¢/gallon…for premium octane, called “hi test” then, and somewhere near 95 octane or higher IIRC. Unbelievable comfort, absolutely no road noise and absolutely no road feel either. It sported a trunk that could fit a full spare wheel and tire plus enough luggage for said 6 passengers for a two-week vacation anywhere with room left over for the mandatory souvenirs from that trip. And no shoulder harnesses, no airbags, no center third stop light, enough buttons/knobs/stalks to compete with an airplane flight deck, and AM radio, and an HVAC system that heated and cooled the massive interior quickly and well. It also had a prop shaft with TWO universal joints in it the bearings of which kept going bad requiring total shaft replacement. This and the compressor for the rear air shocks were the two items that ”enjoyed” the biggest failure rate for me, each having been replaced three times during my ownership. For its day, an incredible ride. For today, I don’t think it would even fit in the garage. Aaah, that was one of the highlights of this trip down memory lane.

So, from this and the last few posts, we need a change to this thread’s title to something like: “Large, totally impractical today, cars I’ve owned and loved” or similar.

Speaking of boats, I remember my grandfather’s Buick Electra 225, a 1959 I think. Boat with fins. My first true boat was a 1968 Cadillac Sixty Special Fleetwood Brougham. Sitting in the back your extended legs could not reach the front seats, and there were foot rests for you. Easily and comfortably sat 6 people of normal size with huge bench seats front and back. This was my first car with cruise control and auto high beams, both of which worked very well. I had it for a few years then traded when gasoline prices went from 19¢/gallon up to 25¢/gallon…for premium octane, called “hi test” then, and somewhere near 95 octane or higher IIRC. Unbelievable comfort, absolutely no road noise and absolutely no road feel either. It sported a trunk that could fit a full spare wheel and tire plus enough luggage for said 6 passengers for a two-week vacation anywhere with room left over for the mandatory souvenirs from that trip. And no shoulder harnesses, no airbags, no center third stop light, enough buttons/knobs/stalks to compete with an airplane flight deck, and AM radio, and an HVAC system that heated and cooled the massive interior quickly and well. It also had a prop shaft with TWO universal joints in it the bearings of which kept going bad requiring total shaft replacement. This and the compressor for the rear air shocks were the two items that ”enjoyed” the biggest failure rate for me, each having been replaced three times during my ownership. For its day, an incredible ride. For today, I don’t think it would even fit in the garage. Aaah, that was one of the highlights of this trip down memory lane.

So, from this and the last few posts, we need a change to this thread’s title to something like: “Large, totally impractical today, cars I’ve owned and loved” or similar.

The 1990s Roadmaster had the same wheelbase (length and width) as the Model S. It wasn't as cavernous as the original, but it was a roomy car. Great seats, more comfortable than the Model S. I drove the car 24 years and it was still in good shape when I sold it.

Reactions: SalisburySam