Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything about this "Upgrade" sucks! Two of my most used items - garage door and User profiles, are for some reason now buried deeper. Who the hell OK'd this thing? Jesus if you are gonna keep burying the important stuff for the crap just add some physical buttons to save me the trouble.

And from comment above not everyone wants to play the "guess what to say" to get something done through voice commands. Of course then you have to hope it doesn't take 5 tries.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD give us the option to go back to previous version. Or add physical buttons back to save me the time your UI engineers seemed hell bent on stealing away from me.

I didn't mind it initially. Because it allowed me to put Radio & USB, the two audio I mostly use, in the main menu. But the more I use it, the more I dislike it. Especially them burying functions like seat heater, defroster & tripmeter, into another level in the menu. It's like your old car changing the function of buttons & knobs every once in a while. Worst, you now have to press an additional button first.

This tells me that they have people doing the UI that don't actually drive. Their UI people must 100% WFH.

I am wondering how many people complaining about 11.0 were around when 10.0 was released. Exactly the same kind of complaints were all over here then too. Each major iteration becomes more annoying than the last with more hunt and peck work whilst driving. Moving the wiper controls over to the right of the screen is even more dangerous than where it was before and auto is useless under many conditions. Elon's obsessive reductionism is going to end badly in my view.

Do not like hunt for garage car door opener - before I could open it a long ways away now it gets close and senses it and creates a second delay for me pulling in. Definitely first world problems:) Cannot figure out how to see tire pressure. Do not like new location of blue circle showing autopilot on and working, can get used to that. Very different but that is life. I hated when AutoCAD, excel and word go updates but you just have to learn to live with it!

Reactions: Type 5
the problem is that driving the safest car on the market has become dangerous
What was simple and immediate before is now complicated and takes away the attention to driving
A car is not a video game and now this car is a stupid (and ugly) video game
Please do not drive a car that you believe is dangerous! It's morally wrong and you could could be deemed to be criminally negligent should you have an accident.

Two things, if you have this update and believe there is a safety issue, file a well written and specific NHTSA complaint*. Probably much more chance of that having a positive effect that telling Tesla directly (they don't care). Second, this is probably not the fault of the UI/UX people, they are just implementing what management (Elon) tells them to, user experience be damned. The breakdown in quality of software and design at Tesla is almost certainly because of his hair-brain directive of no human input ever needed (or wanted) to operate the car.

*If you are in the US. Otherwise contact your locally appropriate regulatory body.

And from comment above not everyone wants to play the "guess what to say" to get something done through voice commands. Of course then you have to hope it doesn't take 5 tries.
Voice commands are a lot safer to use than taking your eyes off the road and looking at a screen interface. Initially, you may have to figure out the correct words to say, but once you do it's a hole lot easier than pressing a button on a screen. Both hands stay on the wheel. Furthermore, even with the old interface, didn't you have a learning period during which you figured out where all the controls were located? So spend a bit of time figuring out the vocal commands. Once once learned, it's a breeze the next time.
(BTW, the garage button appears at the lower left hand of your screen when leaving or entering your garage. Otherwise, it disappears in order to lessen clutter when you shouldn't need it.)

All the key functions I used daily are now hidden at least +1 level deep - DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.
  1. Front seat heater settings are no longer on the home screen
  2. Front/rear window defog buttons are no longer on the home screen
  3. Garage door opening prompts would auto-pup-up when I neared the garage - not anymore. Now I have to hunt for them within the new stupid screen layout.
  4. When my wife and/or me switched cars (phone profile association never worked), I could reset it right from the home screen - not anymore. Now I have to hunt for them within the new stupid screen layout.
Tesla,
Bring back v10 screen layout as an option, and quick fixing what wasn't broken!

a

P.S.: Tesla, congratulations - you've invented a way to make OTA updates capability a net negative !
Couldn't have put it better. It is so annoying!! I have been trying to find the positives but the negatives just keep destroying my user experience. Tesla .... Please launch an option to revert back to the previous UI.

Last edited:
I'm pretty frustrated by this update. I'm struggling to find a single thing that has improved... or even a single thing that's not *worse*. While I've read many complaints in the past about "having everything on a touch screen is dangerous", I've always disagreed because I've felt that the interface made things quick and easy. That's no longer the case. This update has made everything much more difficult.