Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is actually fun to watch. We tried to warn you. We being the Model S and X owners that had to endure the debacle that was version 9 when it first took over our screens and changed everything and removed functionality from our cars. What model 3 owners there were at the time seemed to feel as if they were above that and that it was unimportant and that we would get used to it and that it was changed just because it had to move to a more modern user interface based on a landscape screen.

Now maybe some of you have a better idea why Model S and X owners were so upset at the time. Some of the functionality that I lost going to version 9 never returned. It has been a permanent downgrade. Welcome to the club now you get it!

Good old version 8. It was customizable in a way that has just not been possible since.

I drove with the v 11 today for the first time. Turning on the defogger was more complicated, but manageable. One function that they killed appears to be the ability to heat the seats without running the climate control system. My partner makes use of that in cool weather.

From reading here I wanted to check the charge set point and it appears to be gone on mine. The way I set it before was to go to the Charging selection and drag the slider on the battery pack graphic. That's gone now. How do you adjust the charge level? I had to run to an appointment, but I looked through all the selections and I didn't see anything allowing me to inspect and adjust the charge level.

This is just an aside, it really doesn't matter much, but a month or so back the car icon in the phone app decided to turn from white (the color of my car to silver). In all the graphics to that point the car had always shown up as white.

But the voice commands have changed. You no longer can do voice commands to show things that have been mentioned in previous posts such as show tire pressure or show mileage. Now You can only access these features By stopping the car, putting it in park and then pushing two buttons. And to set the screen so you can wipe it off you now have to push two buttons instead of just one previously.

Conversation in the back room...
"They may not like it, but that's their problem. What !!! You expect them to drive with this ??? You never told us that !!!! Waayyyy too dangerous !!!!!"
Ya.. I just worry there’s some ui designer deciding what’s best for us all and that’s why we don’t have/get the options we want in the customization menu.

I don't like it that the trip odometer only shows full miles instead of 10/th of a mile.

Also there are only 3 or 4 buttons that you can drag and drop. Trying to go between the radio and the online stations was a pain until I found out you have to use the one button and then pick something on the screen that pops up.Also the screen that pops up when you turn on the blinker is to small..Needs to take up the entire screen for a few seconds instead of the bottom corner .
Also didn't the speed limit warning use to go on even if you were not in autopilot. I have mine set at 9 over the posted limit and when driving without anything turned on it doesn't warn me.
The speed thing is different too. Too much confusion over actual speed, autopilot set speed and speed limit. The current speed should be larger and the posted speed should be smaller and the autopilot set speed should not display or be ghosted and then turn another color once autopilot or FSD is activated.

Also, how many people actually sit in their car and play games or watch things.
I have free internet for life on my car and never use it. Only thing it's good for is listening to radio stations around the world. I don't use Spotify, Netflix or any of the other services. Most people don't stay in there car when supercharging so these things arent likely to be used.

I love the light show and the ability to write your own program to make your own display, however I have no clue as to how to write a program, but hope that Tesla has a contest and then puts them out for further updates.

Would love a Star Wars or July 4th themed one with the music and lights flashing, or a Halloween one with scary music and then have the windows roll down orr trunk pop open showing a skeleton inside or a bucket full of candy.

Good old version 8. It was customizable in a way that has just not been possible since.

I drove with the v 11 today for the first time. Turning on the defogger was more complicated, but manageable. One function that they killed appears to be the ability to heat the seats without running the climate control system. My partner makes use of that in cool weather.

From reading here I wanted to check the charge set point and it appears to be gone on mine. The way I set it before was to go to the Charging selection and drag the slider on the battery pack graphic. That's gone now. How do you adjust the charge level? I had to run to an appointment, but I looked through all the selections and I didn't see anything allowing me to inspect and adjust the charge level.

This is just an aside, it really doesn't matter much, but a month or so back the car icon in the phone app decided to turn from white (the color of my car to silver). In all the graphics to that point the car had always shown up as white.

That is interesting I see the charge level set point is in fact missing in the car. I guess I can still do it in the app. I'll have to see if it's adjustable once I plug the car in, maybe then it could be adjusted. That would kind of be ass backwards but oh well, if you got to enjoy version 8 you've been around long enough to know what we've had to put up with.

• Funny
Reactions: Benbo and Wheely

It looks like it's still adjustable via the app but that's kind of strange that it's missing from the car oh well this whole UI looks pretty unpolished to me but I guess if I suffered through version 9 I'll get through this one.

Screenshot_20211229-174649.png

Reactions: Benbo and Sporty
That is interesting I see the charge level set point is in fact missing in the car. I guess I can still do it in the app. I'll have to see if it's adjustable once I plug the car in, maybe then it could be adjusted. That would kind of be ass backwards but oh well, if you got to enjoy version 8 you've been around long enough to know what we've had to put up with.
You can just drag the charge level point - one less button click 😀

General comment: The reason many of us long time TMC/TSLA/Tesla people have left this site or only occasionally visit is that when you look to have a discussion on a topic like this people just decide to disagree with a comment, then run and hide despite offering to engage via Pm's about their thoughts.
Then the first one YOU would fire would be Elon. Give it time, they will fix it with the next update.

But the voice commands have changed. You no longer can do voice commands to show things that have been mentioned in previous posts such as show tire pressure or show mileage. Now You can only access these features By stopping the car, putting it in park and then pushing two buttons. And to set the screen so you can wipe it off you now have to push two buttons instead of just one previously.

Voice command still works for showing Tire Pressure and your Trips Odometer
  • Tire Pressure: Open/Show Service Settings
  • Display Trips Card/Odometer: Open/Show Trips Settings
Comment: You also DON'T need to have your car in parked to access those screens.

Yup. I joined the forum in 2015 and got my car in mid-2016.

Press the right steering wheel control and say seat warmer or seat cooler. Doesn't fix the screen but does control the seat heaters.

How do you turn on one seat warmer and how to you set the level with voice commands? I rarely use the seat heaters, but my partner runs colder and she likes the seat heater on.

There is no slider on the charging screen in the car any longer the ability to do that has disappeared with the latest update.View attachment 749888

That's what I see on my AP1 Model S.

Reactions: tccartier
I didn't mind it initially. Because it allowed me to put Radio & USB, the two audio I mostly use, in the main menu. But the more I use it, the more I dislike it. Especially them burying functions like seat heater, defroster & tripmeter, into another level in the menu. It's like your old car changing the function of buttons & knobs every once in a while. Worst, you now have to press an additional button first.

This tells me that they have people doing the UI that don't actually drive. Their UI people must 100% WFH.
They must all be based in California where it's never cold, and never damp, and where you don't need things like defrosters, and seat heaters!!! But game icons and dashcam viewers are what you need! The removal of the wh/mile is my biggest pet peeve. That little tab showed me my efficiency. Really sad it's gone :(