Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Previously, when I entered a trip. Below the navigation it used to say "expected %, roundtrip %" I entered a destination in v11 yesterday. It didn't say this. Have they totally got rid of this VERY useful feature? Do they want people running out of battery with v11?

I noticed this one also. If you are navigating somewhere it no longer gives you a preview of the estimated usage to and return trip. It was a useful feature if you hadn't thought about the trip back yet.

And. Now the app gives km added after charging even though the range says miles. Wow. How in the world do these things get thru quality control testing? It’s insane!!! Just stop the god damn madness Elon. I no longer love my car or anything about tesla and am preparing my lawsuit as we speak.

Everything about this "Upgrade" sucks! Two of my most used items - garage door and User profiles, are for some reason now buried deeper. Who the hell OK'd this thing? Jesus if you are gonna keep burying the important stuff for the crap just add some physical buttons to save me the trouble.

And from comment above not everyone wants to play the "guess what to say" to get something done through voice commands. Of course then you have to hope it doesn't take 5 tries.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD give us the option to go back to previous version. Or add physical buttons back to save me the time your UI engineers seemed hell bent on stealing away from me.

Everything about this "Upgrade" sucks! Two of my most used items - garage door and User profiles, are for some reason now buried deeper. Who the hell OK'd this thing? Jesus if you are gonna keep burying the important stuff for the crap just add some physical buttons to save me the trouble.

And from comment above not everyone wants to play the "guess what to say" to get something done through voice commands. Of course then you have to hope it doesn't take 5 tries.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD give us the option to go back to previous version. Or add physical buttons back to save me the time your UI engineers seemed hell bent on stealing away from me.
YESSSSSS please go back to v10 or make it an option. This is terrible!

Maybe Rich Rebuilds or the electified garage knows how.
Give it up. It can't be done. You WILL eventually accept it and come to terms with its annoyances though you will always remember version 10 fondly. If it helps, I thought version 10 was a heap of crap when it came out and I still do to be honest :) I avoided doing software updated for months to keep version 9.

It’s not showing up on the “legacy” X and S. It only shows up for the Y (and I’m assuming the 3) excepts it’s a lot smaller and harder to set the exact limit.
Yes the (**** . . . ) new charge page is smaller (stupid smaller) and when the car is charging, the info about this, are . . .
in the left part of the screeen

I have lived with update for about a week. It is still terrible. It used to be a joy to drive my model y home from work...now I am depressed and angry about how messed up it is. It is definitely worse for those of us who live in cold climates. It take 2-3 touches to find the tiny light gray icons that used to be along the bottom row and easy to hit. These are very important ones...defog , defrost, seat heaters, heat. In a northeast snowstorm good ergonomics and function, could save your life. This is not a video game...it is real! The heat icon has to be hit 2-3 times now to get to basic functions, and each time you have to hit it it raises the temperature...so you have to take your eyes off the road again to lower it. And if you don't do it fast enough the screen goes away and you have to start the process all over again. And most of the time it automatically and secretly turns the a/c on with the heat...which is the last thing you want if you are trying to save your range in cold winter climates. Tonight I tried using voice commands instead and just discovered you cannot turn the heat on or off with voice commands. You can turn defrost and defog on this way but not off...it just keeps blasting. This is not just a learning curve to get used to something new...it is terrible ergonomics and very unsafe.

Give it up. It can't be done. You WILL eventually accept it and come to terms with its annoyances though you will always remember version 10 fondly. If it helps, I thought version 10 was a heap of crap when it came out and I still do to be honest :) I avoided doing software updated for months to keep version 9.
I pine longingly for version 7.0. That was a nice interface.

I can’t understand why you guys even bought a Tesla in the first place!

You know the software would be updated. But every time it is, everybody just complains about it.

V11 is perfect. It works flawlessly. So they moved some things around. You just relearn it and get in with life.

You know what?
They can’t change everything without making any changes. You need to either get over it, or buy a different car. Ford Focus seems pretty safe.

I can’t understand why you guys even bought a Tesla in the first place!

You know the software would be updated. But every time it is, everybody just complains about it.

V11 is perfect. It works flawlessly. So they moved some things around. You just relearn it and get in with life.

You know what?
They can’t change everything without making any changes. You need to either get over it, or buy a different car. Ford Focus seems pretty safe.
Pretty close to a clean sweep, just missed the stock shorting angle. I think Poe's Law is in full effect.