Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know about V9 but V10 had its quirks. For example, I was very irritated by the fact that, in order to control the rear seat heaters I had turn on and off the HVAC. I has hoping that, with time, those will be fixed. Considering V11 a failure does not mean I am crazy about V10. But is was better…

For those who are delaying the implementation of the Holiday Update because of its many negative changes - keep your eyes on the software status! I refused to install 2021.44.25, and it has since been superseded by 2021.44.30 which I also did not install. However, this morning the latest software downloaded to the vehicle without any action on my part. It's now "ready to install", so my only option is to schedule the installation manually and push the time back 23 hours each day when it's almost ready to go (and twice on Sundays to make up the extra hours). I recognize that those who have installed the update say you can get used to it, but I'm just frustrated that Tesla would make these changes with no apparent benefit to the majority of drivers.
Are you on advanced or standard schedule?

So that's how you do it! Thanks. I couldn't see how to get out of dashcam viewer; my awkward workaround was to bring up something else from the icons and then swipe it downwards.
What I do with V10 is set the music window to its smallest size at the bottom of the nav screen. Then any time I have opened another window, I just tap the music icon, and it replaces the other window with music display. I am delaying installation of V11 as long as possible, but I assume this hack should work with it too.

For those who are delaying the implementation of the Holiday Update because of its many negative changes - keep your eyes on the software status! I refused to install 2021.44.25, and it has since been superseded by 2021.44.30 which I also did not install. However, this morning the latest software downloaded to the vehicle without any action on my part. It's now "ready to install", so my only option is to schedule the installation manually and push the time back 23 hours each day when it's almost ready to go (and twice on Sundays to make up the extra hours). I recognize that those who have installed the update say you can get used to it, but I'm just frustrated that Tesla would make these changes with no apparent benefit to the majority of drivers.

Your situation is enviable.

Can't you just refuse to accept and x out the window? That is what I have been doing for the last year. It has downloaded 3 updates in that time (over LTE), but the nag goes away after about a week or so.

Reactions: lensovet
No way voice commands are faster. I am pretty sure they still aren't faster.

Voice command: push button wait for it to start, say "set driver's seat heater to high", wait for it to happen. Look and verify it happened.
This is all assuming it worked first time and my window isn't down and the wife isn't talking.

Old UI: one single tap

In my experience even with voice commands you still look at the screen to check it's doing what you want.
You missed a step - re-dictate the voice command because the caar didn't understand you the first time. I like voice commands, but I'm getting really tired of being navigated to "Piper's Auto" when I want to turn on the windshield wipers. Starting commands with "set" sometimes helps, but why would the car assume I'm dictating a destination when I don't say "navigate to"? I prefer practical touch-screen shortcuts!!!

Can't you just refuse to accept and x out the window? That is what I have been doing for the last year. It has downloaded 3 updates in that time (over LTE), but the nag goes away after about a week or so.
I've been Xing out the nag screen since the Tuesday before Christmas.

Not going away for me. Trained the family not to accidentally install it.

Because the thread you started said "I cant drive the car like this, I have to drive my BMW". Thats pretty much the definition of "I dont like this update", and this thread is one of the many that are giving that feedback on their opinions on V11.
I have no clue what v11 is. I just know the UI isn't usable. Also, the key word isn't "bimmer". The keyword is "old". I'm driving the old M3 that was just collecting dust since I got the first model 3 back in 2018.
Anyway, 1 sold, 1 to go.......if tesla can make UI usable again before it's sold, I'd be very happy to keep it.....probably no such luck for me...used cars sell like hot cakes apparently.

I have no clue what v11 is. I just know the UI isn't usable. Also, the key word isn't "bimmer". The keyword is "old". I'm driving the old M3 that was just collecting dust since I got the first model 3 back in 2018.
Anyway, 1 sold, 1 to go.......if tesla can make UI usable again before it's sold, I'd be very happy to keep it.....probably no such luck for me...used cars sell like hot cakes apparently.

You asked why your newly created thread was moved into this one. I responded because it was a complaint about the UI (which is called version 11), and software posts go into the software subforum. So the keyword was "UI complaint that its so bad I cant drive my car", thus it got moved into this thread as the most appropriate place, because this thread is about UI complaints.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
I've been Xing out the nag screen since the Tuesday before Christmas.

Not going away for me. Trained the family not to accidentally install it.
It should go away eventually, unless they have changed that behavior (possible). You might want to also remove the car from WiFI if you have not already, you will get many less updates downloaded that way.

Reactions: Msjulie and OxBrew
just ignore the prompt. it will automatically go away when you switch to drive.

that's what i did with the 🔥 holiday update of 2020 until i took my car in for service and they updated the OS despite me asking them to leave it alone.

Reactions: OxBrew and Msjulie
Please help lol. When Im charging now my charging screen with the see thr car and green battery pack is now gone and I cant find it. Also hate the extra clicks for heated seats and everything else u guys mentioned but now my charging screen is gone. For me to adjust limit i have to use the app? Is this hidden somewhere? When i go thr main menu an click charging it dont bring up the car screen anymore

LOL. If you're already running v11, you may as well install every update they release. There's no way it could get any worse...

I'll be installing any update they send me because it's more likely that they will start fixing bugs with the next few releases, but it can always get worse.

Please help lol. When Im charging now my charging screen with the see thr car and green battery pack is now gone and I cant find it. Also hate the extra clicks for heated seats and everything else u guys mentioned but now my charging screen is gone. For me to adjust limit i have to use the app? Is this hidden somewhere? When i go thr main menu an click charging it dont bring up the car screen anymore

This appears to be a bug in V11 with older Model S and X. I'm missing it too on my 2016 S. Other people appear to see it. There are also things that are still available on the older cars that appear to be gone from at least the Model 3 and Y.

Obviously, you have never been to Italy or had Italians in the car. I would be terrified to even think about enabling the gestures option…
Well, in my defense, a gesture to enable the overlay and nothing more. Actually controlling something with a gesture is SCARY. In any event, a sterring wheel button press to activate the overlay is easier and implementable TODAY.

Reactions: Boza