Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I totally agree, I’m a car guy and have always loved driving them not interested in having the car drive itself. Also agree with the UI, it should be functional and safe do not want games or noises.
Add me to that list. Model 3 is a car enthusiast ‘s car. Nimble, fun, torquey, and clean.

It has its faults, namely the jittery suspension and the somewhat floaty rear. I can correct for both, however. Lowered pressures to 37 PSI for the former, and a aftermarket suspension kit for the latter (the latter, yet to be done).

Reactions: sleepydoc
A blast from the past ... When I used to like the user interface available on my center screen and my instrument cluster..

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1643424791724.jpg
    FB_IMG_1643424791724.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 83
  • FB_IMG_1643424752607.jpg
    FB_IMG_1643424752607.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 62
  • FB_IMG_1643424718749.jpg
    FB_IMG_1643424718749.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 51
  • FB_IMG_1643424647227.jpg
    FB_IMG_1643424647227.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 51
  • FB_IMG_1643424512487.jpg
    FB_IMG_1643424512487.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 52
  • FB_IMG_1643424454883.jpg
    FB_IMG_1643424454883.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 50
  • FB_IMG_1643424368566.jpg
    FB_IMG_1643424368566.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 55
  • FB_IMG_1643424100767.jpg
    FB_IMG_1643424100767.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 67
  • FB_IMG_1643422227067.jpg
    FB_IMG_1643422227067.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 54
You should listen to their earnings call. It is enlightening.

Essentially, you are not buying a car in the traditional sense. Their vision is that you buy a platform, subscribe to features, let it operate by itself so that you can rent it out when you don’t use it. It is the whole shared economy idea, with subscription and AI added to it. It has nothing to do with the Teutonic “driver centric” car. So, V11 does not have bugs; it is a preview of the future without driver controls when the car has to entertain you while it is driving you (or your customer) around while you are paying subscription fees.

Essentially, you are not buying a car in the traditional sense. Their vision is that you buy a platform, subscribe to features, let it operate by itself so that you can rent it out when you don’t use it. It is the whole shared economy idea, with subscription and AI added to it. It has nothing to do with the Teutonic “driver centric” car. So, V11 does not have bugs; it is a preview of the future without driver controls when the car has to entertain you while it is driving you (or your customer) around while you are paying subscription fees.
F*** that.

That's at least 10 years away probably 20. Actually, probably never with existing hardware. Why can't Tesla be content with selling and promoting the current cars as the best EVs on the market that are also exceptionally fun to drive? Because that's what these cars are. Maybe someday, they will have the subscription-based robotaxis they are hoping to create. But I can assure you the model 3 in my garage will never have that capability during the next six or so years I plan on owning it. So for now, they should design the UI to provide me with the best experience my car can provide me... a car driver not taxi owner.

One more point... Even if my car were capable of being a robotaxi, there is no way in hell I'm going to let it wander all around town letting people I don't know inside to give them a ride to places I wouldn't go when I'm behind the wheel. I'm just not interested in letting my car be abused in that way, because who knows what someone will do in my car while unsupervised.

Quite the earnings call I guess.

Hence, my comments that he is not interested in the EV anymore; his attention is totally on AI and he sees the world through that lens. Tesla definitely needs a new CEO.
BTW: the stock dipped after the call. We’ll see.

That's at least 10 years away probably 20. Actually, probably never with existing hardware. Why can't Tesla be content with selling and promoting the current cars as the best EVs on the market that are also exceptionally fun to drive? Because that's what these cars are. Maybe someday, they will have the subscription-based robotaxis they are hoping to create. But I can assure you the model 3 in my garage will never have that capability during the next six or so years I plan on owning it. So for now, they should design the UI to provide me with the best experience my car can provide me... a car driver not taxi owner.

One more point... Even if my car were capable of being a robotaxi, there is no way in hell I'm going to let it wander all around town letting people I don't know inside to give them a ride to places I wouldn't go when I'm behind the wheel. I'm just not interested in letting my car be abused in that way, because who knows what someone will do in my car while unsupervised.
Yup we’re a million miles away from the concept of sharing our cars! Every time I get in a taxi all I think is god it stinks in here glad I don’t have to do this too often. I can definitely see a future where we reduce car ownership by household and great if robo taxis are part of that future. But people will still want the convenience of jumping in their own car when they want to. And also the fun of driving!

I listened to the entire earnings call. Listened to parts of it multiple times. Elon was getting frustrated that people were not seeing the big picture. That the cars they are selling today are in reality worth 5 times as much because they are all future robotaxi capable. The financial implications are "nutty good".

I just don't understand how someone so smart can be so stupid. I guess this is the textbook definition of the super high IQ person having no common sense. This is what i fear most about the success of the company. This disconnect from reality.

Yup we’re a million miles away from the concept of sharing our cars! Every time I get in a taxi all I think is god it stinks in here glad I don’t have to do this too often. I can definitely see a future where we reduce car ownership by household and great if robo taxis are part of that future. But people will still want the convenience of jumping in their own car when they want to. And also the fun of driving!
Not going to work in my household anyway, wife is a Nurse working shifts …. I’m a HV Engineer working 2week on 2week off away from home. She needs the car because of the hours she starts (public transport is a bust), I need the car to tote all my gear around in. 2 cars required🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Kjag
I listened to the entire earnings call. Listened to parts of it multiple times. Elon was getting frustrated that people were not seeing the big picture. That the cars they are selling today are in reality worth 5 times as much because they are all future robotaxi capable. The financial implications are "nutty good".

I just don't understand how someone so smart can be so stupid. I guess this is the textbook definition of the super high IQ person having no common sense. This is what i fear most about the success of the company. This disconnect from reality.
Meglamania is very close with him imo🤣

Reactions: pilotSteve

Also Elon will never need to step foot in a shared robotaxi in his life! Where is the customer research that shows people actually want this?? Detached from reality coupled with no common sense is not a recipe for success. Love my Tesla love driving it. Have no intentions of watching movies in it!! I can’t even read my phone when my other half is driving without feeling sick!

Also Elon will never need to step foot in a shared robotaxi in his life! Where is the customer research that shows people actually want this?? Detached from reality coupled with no common sense is not a recipe for success. Love my Tesla love driving it. Have no intentions of watching movies in it!! I can’t even read my phone when my other half is driving without feeling sick!
I hate being driven by someone I don’t know, let alone some AI lol. Same as you with looking at screens while moving too, get sick. It’s to do with the ears & eyes not registering the same movements.

So for now, they should design the UI to provide me with the best experience my car can provide me... a car driver not taxi owner.
Take a great car and do just this would equal a phenomenal car. And that “best experience” is not the greatest media player on wheels, nor the most automated for things that the developers think they know how to do better than the folks who actually use the car. Move the entire robotaxi goal to a different platform (Model R?), built a few prototypes, test as desired, build a few more, sell them, lather, rinse and repeat. Just don’t continue to screw up what is otherwise the best EV available today.

Reactions: pilotSteve