Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to the MD Auto show today. (Ford Lightning on display!) and sat in a Mach-E, and Ionic 5, and Subaru sol-whatever it's called prototype.

While sitting in a random vehicle, and poking at the heated wheel switch and heated seat switch...
I didn't think, ohh my, so many switches.

No.

I thought, DAMN. Must be nice to own a car where they can't make the heated seat button vanish.

We need a NHSTA petition or Class Action, or something to get v10 back. I just sent in another ticket for XM not working right. The actual usability of this car is asinine now. So sick of it. if someone sets one up, I'll join. this OS is downright dangerous.

Your car would go for a $2-4k premium used!
how much for a properly VGER'd car? one with the antenna fused to ground?

1643591321815.png

dont give elon any ideas - seeking the creator or otherwise. but more and more, I'm thinking vger had the right idea about its own antenna.

They starting to correct the version they actually test a version in China with the return of the superchargers icon on the GPS map,
The option to choose dashcam/sentry mode / drivers profils and LTE/wifi comming back to the front on the upper of the GPS maps. And others corrections

Good start. I really hope they’re working on some better shortcuts that can be pinned.

Reactions: bruce4000
I would actually pay for v10 back. Not sure how much though. I definitely would pay for an SDK of some sort that would allow me to customize. I've been dreaming of better manual wipers since day one. My dream has "WPM" (wipes per minute).
Currently I’d pay to be back in my 3yr old BMW 630d GT with it’s non moving controls. I want a car first and foremost if I want an ipad then I go to Apple. The wisdom of hindsight is a wonderful thing though🤦🏼‍♂, I hope V11 gets sorted but certainly aren’t going to hold my breath. Roll on 2yr 10mth when the lease is up😂😂

Please let us know what the “official” channels are to communicate user feedback with Tesla.

They don’t have a PR department, only have a phone number for Sales/Delivery, and do not accept software requests via Service in the app.

They don’t listen to owners. Only celebrities that tweet at the CEO.

Official channels are the ones that you need to submit your VIN.

You can submit your request via webchat. Tesla webchat would ask for your VIN and will verify whether you are the owner of that VIN.

Another official channel is NHTSA like others have mentioned. You need to submit your VIN as well so they can follow up with you and submit your problem to Tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
Someone must be since Elon has tweeted “fixes” will coming soon.

I got 2022.4 Friday and drove the car Sunday. The only "fix" I can see appears to make it more difficult to shut off the HVAC by holding your finger on the control. It wouldn't turn off when I touched it with my index finger, it only worked when I plastered my thumb over the entire control. Someone with smaller thumbs (like my partner) wouldn't be able to cover the entire control. It also seemed to take holding my thumb there longer.

I had a dangerous situation as we approached a busy traffic circle. It was dark, raining, with a lot of traffic coming the other way. The glare was making it impossible to see the lines. The windshield also chose that moment to fog up, which made things even worse. My partner said to turn on the defroster, I pointed out that that would be suicide.

It is ridiculous that you have to search for what was once simple. If you are going to fix something fix how it interfaces with multiple phones.It should be a touch of a button to switch between the various phones that may be in the car. I have 2 phones myself and have to be a contortionist to switch from personal call to business call.

Reactions: EAV1
Official channels are the ones that you need to submit your VIN.

You can submit your request via webchat. Tesla webchat would ask for your VIN and will verify whether you are the owner of that VIN.

Another official channel is NHTSA like others have mentioned. You need to submit your VIN as well so they can follow up with you and submit your problem to Tesla.
Tesla web chat is really your answer?

Thanks for playing.

• Funny
Reactions: linux-works
Tesla web chat is really your answer?

Thanks for playing.
Yes, it worked for me.

Vietnamese vowels used to be mangled with "x" on the Tesla screen for years.

The words "Tạ Từ" used to be incorrectly displayed as "Tx Tx" which I could not figure out.

On its navigation, the "Khởi Hưng Restaurant" was incorrectly displayed as "Khx Hxng Restaurant"

The map also incorrectly displayed "Phx Vxnh Kx" which should be "Phở Vĩnh Ký"

I submitted my complaint via web chat. They asked for my VIN and my proof of ownership and a few months later, Vietnamese characters have become normal ever since, even in V11.

Last edited:
Yes, it worked for me.

Vietnamese vowels used to be mangled with "x" on the Tesla screen for years.

The words "Tạ Từ" used to be incorrectly displayed as "Tx Tx" which I could not figure out.

On its navigation, the "Khởi Hưng Restaurant" was incorrectly displayed as "Khx Hxng Restaurant"

The map also incorrectly displayed "Phx Vxnh Kx" which should be "Phở Vĩnh Ký"

I submitted my complaint via web chat. They asked for my VIN and my proof of ownership and a few months later, Vietnamese characters have become normal ever since, even in V11.
That sounds more like a happy coincidence.

Those online chats don’t go anywhere near a developer in Fremont.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
Went to the MD Auto show today. (Ford Lightning on display!) and sat in a Mach-E, and Ionic 5, and Subaru sol-whatever it's called prototype.

While sitting in a random vehicle, and poking at the heated wheel switch and heated seat switch...
I didn't think, ohh my, so many switches.

No.

I thought, DAMN. Must be nice to own a car where they can't make the heated seat button vanish.

We need a NHSTA petition or Class Action, or something to get v10 back. I just sent in another ticket for XM not working right. The actual usability of this car is asinine now. So sick of it. if someone sets one up, I'll join. this OS is downright dangerous.
So no one is using auto seat heaters? That option will never come to any of the vehicles you mention.

• Funny
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
Anyone tried answering a phone call if the phone rang just before you started signaling and you have the blind spot camera enabled? Happened to me the other day.

Oh, same thing if you signal and the HomeLink window pops up down there. It doesn't have priorities, it just displays whatever popped up last. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Mikecm1