Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
fun fact: the wiper card does stack vertically above the phone call card. so they have the capability to do this in general!

just didn't bother to actually implement it for any of the other cards. bonkers.

I'll probably turn off the blind spot "feature". its location on the bottom of the screen makes it mostly useless anyway, especially if you use the turn signal indicator in lane change mode.

Reactions: Mikecm1
OK? Auto seat heaters is a ridiculous idea. A switch you can click without looking is perfectly fine. Been using one in every car I own since 2006.
once in a while it works but in general it's a total bust.

The idea is good - start on high to get the seat warm quickly then ramp down. Except how warm the seat needs to be and how long it takes to reach that temperature depends on the ambient temperature and the driver so it's never constant. The end result is that most of the time I end up turning it off\ and then when I need it it's not on auto so I have to dig through the controls to turn it back on. It's just like 'auto' climate control. The temperature may be regulated but you still have to mess with the controls to get comfortable.

The other glaring fault with auto seat heaters in an electric car is that there are many occasions where you don't want them and they end up needlessly wasting energy.

So no one is using auto seat heaters? That option will never come to any of the vehicles you mention.
Worthless. Ass temp is a personal preference. Actually waste of resources, so worse than worthless.

Auto Headlights are simple. On/Off when dark. gets it right 95-99% of the time.

Auto Seat Heaters will get it right 25% of the time for 25% of the people.
It would be like auto guessing your favorite color.

I'd take a physical button only because they can't take it back. v11 ruined everything so thoroughly it's impressive. Literally everything is wrong and a hassle.

Unfortunately, I had similar situations quite often. Once, I simply opened the windows (5’F) instead of fumbling with the controls until I found a spot to pull over.

I found that pressing the control with the middle finger works best ;)

I was talking about the changes with 2022.4 which I got on Friday. It looks like they may have made it more difficult to turn off by holding a finger on the control.

I was thinking last night that it would be tolerable if the HVAC controls could be set to be visible all the time. One the older Model S/X with the vertical center screen, we used to be able to have two windows open at once, one on top and one below. Having the map take up half the screen was adequate. Now the map covers almost the entire screen and everything else is secondary. That's one of the complaints almost all the old timers have.

I would be happy with the map being half the screen and the bottom half being the small window for radio or other infotainment (whatever you're currently playing) combined with the HVAC screen.

Just before V11 came along I was thinking how it would be nice if there was a strip you could attach to the bottom bezel on the Model S/X that would give you tactile feel for where the various buttons were. So you could know without looking where the critical buttons were based on the raised bump on the bezel. They blew up any possibility of that with V11.

With the raised bezel on the Model S/X swiping up from the bottom of the screen to get the HVAC screen is not very ergonomic. I tested and I can do it, but it's awkward.

So no one is using auto seat heaters? That option will never come to any of the vehicles you mention.

I don't think my car can do that. Not that I'd want to have it on.

Worthless. Ass temp is a personal preference. Actually waste of resources, so worse than worthless.

Auto Headlights are simple. On/Off when dark. gets it right 95-99% of the time.

Auto Seat Heaters will get it right 25% of the time for 25% of the people.
It would be like auto guessing your favorite color.

I'd take a physical button only because they can't take it back. v11 ruined everything so thoroughly it's impressive. Literally everything is wrong and a hassle.

I wouldn't say everything is broken in V11, but I haven't seen anything yet that's an improvement.

Currently I’d pay to be back in my 3yr old BMW 630d GT with it’s non moving controls. I want a car first and foremost if I want an ipad then I go to Apple. The wisdom of hindsight is a wonderful thing though🤦🏼‍♂, I hope V11 gets sorted but certainly aren’t going to hold my breath. Roll on 2yr 10mth when the lease is up😂😂
No disrespect intended, but did you do any research before you bought the iPad?

It didn't come to my legacy Model S either. Not all of us are driving new Teslas. So for me removing the dedicated seat heater buttons from the screen and burying them one menu deeper is not real Handy. Not only that but now I can no longer look at the screen at a glance and see if any of the seat heaters in the car are on. Since they are saved in the profile when they're turned on or off you can be heating empty seats on your next drive and not know it without opening up the HVAC menu to look .

It didn't come to my legacy Model S either. Not all of us are driving new Teslas. So for me removing the dedicated seat heater buttons from the screen and burying them one menu deeper is not real Handy. Not only that but now I can no longer look at the screen at a glance and see if any of the seat heaters in the car are on. Since they are saved in the profile when they're turned on or off you can be heating empty seats on your next drive and not know it without opening up the HVAC menu to look .
That makes me wonder if they actually do have a temperature sensor in the seat. It doesn’t make sense that they would add sensors and add the software to use them later, though, and even if they do have sensors they don’t work very well.

That makes me wonder if they actually do have a temperature sensor in the seat. It doesn’t make sense that they would add sensors and add the software to use them later, though, and even if they do have sensors they don’t work very well.
I have a very early (VIN 00013xx) 2017 M3, and there was great controversy over whether the rear seats had heaters. Some even claimed to have disassembled the seat and found no heater. Lo and behold a few months later, a software update that controlled the rear seat heaters.

I know your issue/question is a bit different, but my point is that hardware on any Tesla may be "dormant" until the software is updated to utilize it.

I have a very early (VIN 00013xx) 2017 M3, and there was great controversy over whether the rear seats had heaters. Some even claimed to have disassembled the seat and found no heater. Lo and behold a few months later, a software update that controlled the rear seat heaters.

I know your issue/question is a bit different, but my point is that hardware on any Tesla may be "dormant" until the software is updated to utilize it.
Interesting. I wonder why they wouldn’t utilize hardware immediately?

I was talking about the changes with 2022.4 which I got on Friday. It looks like they may have made it more difficult to turn off by holding a finger on the control.

I was thinking last night that it would be tolerable if the HVAC controls could be set to be visible all the time. One the older Model S/X with the vertical center screen, we used to be able to have two windows open at once, one on top and one below. Having the map take up half the screen was adequate. Now the map covers almost the entire screen and everything else is secondary. That's one of the complaints almost all the old timers have.

I would be happy with the map being half the screen and the bottom half being the small window for radio or other infotainment (whatever you're currently playing) combined with the HVAC screen.

Just before V11 came along I was thinking how it would be nice if there was a strip you could attach to the bottom bezel on the Model S/X that would give you tactile feel for where the various buttons were. So you could know without looking where the critical buttons were based on the raised bump on the bezel. They blew up any possibility of that with V11.

With the raised bezel on the Model S/X swiping up from the bottom of the screen to get the HVAC screen is not very ergonomic. I tested and I can do it, but it's awkward.

I don't think my car can do that. Not that I'd want to have it on.

I wouldn't say everything is broken in V11, but I haven't seen anything yet that's an improvement.
I’m so going to build a tactile strip for mine out of s3xy buttons (I’ll rip them open and make something nice instead of their actual buttons) .. as soon as they add support for wiper on/off and speed settings.

Been test driving other vehicles... they actually have physical buttons for their seat heaters with a light up indicator to show if it's on or not (or level if it has multiple temperature settings).

I should have asked the sales guy why they do that... it would be so much better if they were hidden behind another panel that turns on the HVAC when you open it to reveal the seat heater button. :|

If you think about these things if you were to use physical objects... it just doesn't make sense.

No disrespect intended, but did you do any research before you bought the iPad?
Well I test drove one for the 1/2hr we’re allowed in UK, read a few magazine reviews, which is pretty much all I’ve ever done in any other car I’ve owned over the last 36yrs of driving. It is after all a car first and foremost, not an entertainment platform for 10-16yr olds🤷🏼‍♂️. Did I join a forum and read every last article or subject heading ….. no (see first part of last sentence😂). Nowhere in any magazine nor at the SC where I test drove did it say you could drive it one day then have to relearn the controls because some software fella had decided he fancied a change in sunny CA.
It’s subjective for all, some really want the whole being driven everywhere with very little input ….. I on the other hand still like to actually drive myself with very little input. It’s probably not helped that I work in an industry that even with all the AI it has we the human being still have to physically confirm and insure the actual operation is carried out correctly.
It also comes down to although we speak the same language, Brits and Americans are very very different. You only have to look at the TV or sport from each place to see that. What seems strong words to you are just sarcasm over here and we used to thrive on that (not so much nowadays, people get too butt hurt unfortunately).
The M3 for me is a decent car but not brilliant (certainly not the best I’ve had) but it could be so so much more, for me personally if they concentrated on what are relatively small things instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. That is what prototyping is for imo not customers personal vehicles aftersale.

Just installed this update today and OMG it's bad! I test drove a MY earlier today and it has the side camera pop up on the screen when using the turn signal. This was the only feature I was looking forward to. However, my M3 does not have this feature even with the latest update :(

Just installed this update today and OMG it's bad! I test drove a MY earlier today and it has the side camera pop up on the screen when using the turn signal. This was the only feature I was looking forward to. However, my M3 does not have this feature even with the latest update :(
My M3 has it, if it’s turned on. Are you sure you have it activated if you want it?

Reactions: EAV1