Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A browser running on an early 2000's processor would be faster.
My Pentium II computer running Windows 95 with IE can load google.com faster than this AI computer. As a computer engineer, this is boggled the mind. Do the people at Tesla who code this even use it at all? Even the '22 Model 3 with AMD Ryzen reboots mid drive.
In comparison, this company in a 3rd world country is a only few years old. They already have a proper AI virtual assistant in their cars. Don't tell me their cheapo cars have more computing power then Tesla MCU2/MCU3. Elon should let that team go and find some other places to outsource the MCU software development. They clearly screwed up the MCU1 and on the right path to screw up the MCU2.

Last edited:
The Tesla web browser is certainly no prize. The user has to trick it into full screen mode. The user can neither easily clear the browser's cache nor alter permissions such as location. But I don't put the blame entirety on Tesla. The browser is based on open source Chromium by Google. Whether one thinks that it is poorly optimized or not, I doubt that any web developers are designing their web sites with this browser in mind.

The browser seems to have one major purpose and that is to host the various WebApps like hulu, Netflix, YouTube and Disney+. Other than the long running hulu issues, the browser hosts these sites with no problems.

Yesterday I downloaded the newest software update on my 3. What a mistake. First thing that happened was I had put on the pet setting when we went to shop. Came out of the store and couldn’t get rid of the pet screen and therefore, couldn’t start the car. Tesla was no help and eventually we lost connection. Luckily I looked at the app on my phone and was able to turn off pet mode from there. Then the car started. Today I wanted to set the driver’s seat to my preset position but couldn’t find where to do it. Finally found it under settings. Now the phone in the car seems not to work. It looks like I’m connected but there is no sound. Hard to get the radio to show up. Who knows will happen next. I hate to think about it. Tesla made a huge mistake by issuing this update!!
OMG I f'ing hate V11 - so unintuitive. Bring back V10. Put commonly used controls on large icons that DON'T MOVE. What the hell were they thinking. V11 is like some half assed iphone menu. Everytime I try to do something I end up exasperated trying to find the right icons.

OMG I f'ing hate V11 - so unintuitive. Bring back V10. Put commonly used controls on large icons that DON'T MOVE. What the hell were they thinking. V11 is like some half assed iphone menu. Everytime I try to do something I end up exasperated trying to find the right icons.
Can I vote 1000x to TRASH V11, I just hope those idiots see this survey. I used to love my M3 now I f'ing hate it.

Can I vote 1000x to TRASH V11, I just hope those idiots see this survey. I used to love my M3 now I f'ing hate it.
Now back to Googling where is hell is the North up icon on the map display and how do I hide the turn by turn nav directions. OH and now I have to keep a pair of reading glasses on the dash to see the f'ing tiny icons. Now that makes for safe driving! UGH. And to think I used to be a fanboy.

How is it even be possible for them to make the internet browser so slow with this much processing power of the MCU2/MCU3? This has to be intentional.

The processor in MCU 2 is an Intel Atom x5 E8000. It's a low power processor that is pretty decent for something like a phone, but it's working fairly hard running the car. It's no i9 or Ryzen.

The processor in MCU 2 is an Intel Atom x5 E8000. It's a low power processor that is pretty decent for something like a phone, but it's working fairly hard running the car. It's no i9 or Ryzen.
Yeah and just about any mobile phone runs the browser much better than the MCU2.

The real issue is that what you see running in Teslas is the open source chromium. It's not very well optimized and the code maintenance from Teslas side is near zero. It takes much more than just rebuilding effort once every 5 years to make a good browser.

Reactions: Sporty and Boza
True. At one point with V11 they would not let the browser do location services, which screwed up a number of aps. Maybe they are blocking some scripts which is slowing things down?
Yeah I was really mad that they broke that since I use TeslaWaze all the time. Fortunately they fixed it in 2022.4.5 and 4.5.3. But I'm hesitant to install any updates after that episode.
"Wrecknology"

• Funny
Reactions: DeepFrz
Entirely agree, amazing how much worse it is. I have to also say that I have never, ever, seen worse media player and I have been using these since they became a thing mid 90s.

Just a simple thing like choosing the next podcast ( << >> ) is a hilarious button dance. It never remembers where it was playing. Sometimes the next element is a totally random or years old one. It doesn’t resume the playback unless it has network even though the file sits in the file cache. The scroll ’line’ is very easy to press accidentally and never works when you would need it to. Amazing.

If you use USB media then there is more. Every time you go back to the full list it will start from the top, even if you were on “Z”. When you browse by artists, there is no “All songs” option; they are categorized by albums. Never remembers the last song you played. The album cover is totally random.