Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I could trade in my X and get two model 3s and have four streams per person!

Actually, I figured it out. The model X is air stream 1.0. The model 3 is air stream V11.

The driver and passenger both have dual air streams in the model X. They are independently controlled, both up/down and side/side using manual controls built into the dash, rather than through a computer touchscreen UI. But in addition, you can close them off! So the model 3 is lacking that feature.

:p

Reactions: OxBrew and Bouba
Actually, I figured it out. The model X is air stream 1.0. The model 3 is air stream V11.

The driver and passenger both have dual air streams in the model X. They are independently controlled, both up/down and side/side using manual controls built into the dash, rather than through a computer touchscreen UI. But in addition, you can close them off! So the model 3 is lacking that feature.

:p
A cost cutting feature...but I’m not complaining, I could only afford a Tesla when released the Model 3

Little-known alternate fact: Tesla’s UI is based on Windows Vista…there were copies left over for cheap. With apologies to Stephen Colbert, spread the ”truthiness.”

I don't know what people have against Vista. I didn't have XP or Win7, but had W2000 (a real winner, really), Vista (which was fine once you turned off UAC or whatever they called it) and Win 8 and now 10. I think Win10 is the best yet, good enough that I no longer mutter to myself, "One of these days, bam, pow, right to the moon!". With "the moon" meaning Linux.

A cost cutting feature...but I’m not complaining, I could only afford a Tesla when released the Model 3

Are you joking? The fancy, dancy UI controls in the model 3 require motors and electronics. The model X gets the computer out from between the user and the vent, saving money.

There's a reason why a light bulb is $3 and a wifi controlled lightbulb is $20.

switching gears for a moment (yeah, pun intended, Tesla doesn't have "gears" in the true sense that you can't switch them...)

i didn't realize the actual headlight icons on the left side of the screen, kinda upper-middle, are actually tapable. for foglights! which are normally buried in the stupid "everything" menu (not even with the actual headlight control area, WTF??). Anyway, a small menu pops up on the lower part of the left screen when u tap the headlight icon (or the foglight icon if you've got those on). you can then turn headlights on/off as well as the foglights on/off.

And saying "USB" will bring up and start playing your last USB music track. way cool (for those of us using USB music, it just sounds better than streaming and/or bluetooth).

Still a lot wrong with V11 (i mean, A LOT), but these 2 things may placate me awhile.

i didn't realize the actual headlight icons on the left side of the screen, kinda upper-middle, are actually tapable. for foglights! which are normally buried in the stupid "everything" menu (not even with the actual headlight control area, WTF??). Anyway, a small menu pops up on the lower part of the left screen when u tap the headlight icon (or the foglight icon if you've got those on). you can then turn headlights on/off as well as the foglights on/off.
Omg what. Literally one of the first “bugs” I filed after taking delivery (back when that was still a thing) was that you should be able to tap the headlight status to change whether they are on. Too late to try it tonight but definitely checking this out tomorrow.

Also to all the people saying you can flick the stalk to get the “small” headlight menu on the left — doing that requires flashing your high beams, so definitely not an option.

i didn't realize the actual headlight icons on the left side of the screen, kinda upper-middle, are actually tapable. for foglights! which are normally buried in the stupid "everything" menu (not even with the actual headlight control area, WTF??).
What version are you on? I just tried this and it didn’t work.
Flick stalk forward, not backward.
Flipping the stalk forward also flashes the brights.

Reactions: lensovet
Oh, Maybe you have fsd beta? On my regular AP Model Y forward flick just toggles auto high beams on/off with no flashing.
Nope, don't even have AP on this car. Pull the stalk toward you and you flash. Push it away from you and you just enable high beams.

At least that's how it works if auto high beams are off. Which I turned off the first day I got the car because it kept getting confused by the reflections from highway signs and was trying to turn on high beams in pouring rain.