Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 UI and User Manual

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given the massive change to our UI with V11, does Tesla update the online User Manual to help owners? I just checked the online manual linked to my account and this is the version Software version listed: 2021.44. Of course, it doesn't depict V11.

I have many questions and was hoping Tesla would provide some written documentation.

Thanks in advance

I'd be happy if I could find the owner's manual in the car. It used to be in the main menu. I have no idea why they would move it from there or where it is? It's like trying to look up a word spelling in the dictionary, but you can't find it because you don't know how to spell it.

Here is the most up to date version of the Model Y owner's manual for North America.

It's probably really hard to keep the manual up to date with all of the software updates and changes. When the Model Y came out in early 2020, the PDF manual was a direct copy from the Model 3 with some slight changes and portions that only applied to the Model 3. The current manual is way better, current and up to date.

Here is the most up to date version of the Model Y owner's manual for North America.

It's probably really hard to keep the manual up to date with all of the software updates and changes. When the Model Y came out in early 2020, the PDF manual was a direct copy from the Model 3 with some slight changes and portions that only applied to the Model 3. The current manual is way better, current and up to date.
Thanks for this. The newer manual doesn't seem to have guidelines for how much to charge daily, such as "don't go above 90 percent." Or did I miss this somewhere?

Probably removed due to the changing battery chemistry and relying more on the in car interface to give guidance on charging percentages.

When does the car ever tell you how much to charge? The only feature remotely like that is when a given charger will set the charging limit to 80% when you first plug in because it is high usage. Is this something new I've not noticed?

I've also never seen the manual give advice on charging levels. I've only read about it here and in Musk's communiques.