Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 - what’s your verdict?

V11 - what’s your verdict?

• I love it

Votes: 63 14.8%
  • Some good things, some bad things, but overall it’s ok

Votes: 181 42.5%
  • A bit “meh”. I can live with it, but preferred the old UI

Votes: 107 25.1%
  • I hate it

Votes: 75 17.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t driven yet but I can tell there’s quite a few functions that are now at least one extra button press away, which is easy enough to do when I’m sat on the drive but probably not while I’m driving.

Having basic things like window demists behind 2 clicks is just bizarre.

Other stuff is annoying - e.g. a music app per source (Spotify, TIDAL, etc) rather than one Music app with several sources

Will miss not being able to easily see tyre pressures and trip info.

Haven’t driven yet but I can tell there’s quite a few functions that are now at least one extra button press away, which is easy enough to do when I’m sat on the drive but probably not while I’m driving.

Having basic things like window demists behind 2 clicks is just bizarre.

Other stuff is annoying - e.g. a music app per source (Spotify, TIDAL, etc) rather than one Music app with several sources

Will miss not being able to easily see tyre pressures and trip info.
I totally agree, many of the vital things are now several clicks away instead of being immediately available.

I too miss the trip, and the double press for demist isn’t great. Don’t like the position change of the additional Nav page options. And they seem to disappear pretty quick.

But there are a number of massive improvements.

Really like the parking sensor distance reading, never seen that before on any brand. I like the PRND moved to the top. Cleaner. Also the speed limit, cruise set speed and speedo is easier on the eye. General layout is just nicer.
Dragging waypoints are an essential upgrade. Just wish we had along the route points of interest, like restaurants.

Reactions: hcdavis3 and GSP
I was so pissed off this morning when I went out and found it had updated - I can live with most of the changes but surely I’m not the only one that’s pissed off with the removal of the controls - so much for the clean minimalistic look Tesla has always had; let’s hide all the controls behind other menus (clearly that’s safe when your driving and trying to turn on your seat heaters!)

let’s instead have an empty black bar along the bottom of the screen - two separate climate control options for each side of the car but have no other controls or ability to at least add them yourself.

Ok yes they’ve allowed the user to add apps to the bar, which most will never actually use - and worse of all let’s just throw our subtle minimal colour scheme out the window and dump all these ugly looking icons instead.

I’m seriously now considering getting rid of the car over this - seems silly but this is really annoying me!

Overall, there are some good things here, but losing so many key things from the main screen to have them buried in menus is a total disaster:

- Consumption
- LTE signal strength
- Profiles
- Tyre pressures

Is the speedo font smaller again?
I’m not sure I’d call hitting one button “buried” …. Give it a week and you will forget where they used to be.

Edit: the seat warmer is buried … I think

I was so pissed off this morning when I went out and found it had updated - I can live with most of the changes but surely I’m not the only one that’s pissed off with the removal of the controls - so much for the clean minimalistic look Tesla has always had; let’s hide all the controls behind other menus (clearly that’s safe when your driving and trying to turn on your seat heaters!)

let’s instead have an empty black bar along the bottom of the screen - two separate climate control options for each side of the car but have no other controls or ability to at least add them yourself.

Ok yes they’ve allowed the user to add apps to the bar, which most will never actually use - and worse of all let’s just throw our subtle minimal colour scheme out the window and dump all these ugly looking icons instead.

I’m seriously now considering getting rid of the car over this - seems silly but this is really annoying me!
"My ass is cold turns" on all seat heaters. Not most energy efficient but easy.

• Funny
Reactions: RNHurt and GSP

I didn’t think the car updates itself?

its A mix of good and bad. I‘d welcome the return of the larger speedo and the ability to put fog lights on by voice command.
hiding sentry/dashcam/profiles is a retrograde step.
having said that, I suspect we are heading towards a customisable UI which will satisfy us all.
more than anything I want a speed limiter!
oh, and a proper FSD in my lifetime would be nice ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.