Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 - what’s your verdict?

V11 - what’s your verdict?

• I love it

Votes: 63 14.8%
  • Some good things, some bad things, but overall it’s ok

Votes: 181 42.5%
  • A bit “meh”. I can live with it, but preferred the old UI

Votes: 107 25.1%
  • I hate it

Votes: 75 17.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need more than 4 icons really, for that to work well. I'd probably add the demisters and possibly other stuff too, leaving no room for any apps, if we're stuck with the 4 icon limit.
Remove that split climate control that someone decided was more important than being able to one click the controls to the actual climate screen and you get the entire left side of the screen back :)

Isn't it like going from Win 7 to Win 10. Not many people liked the change, but a few years on not many people want to go back to Win 7...
Also Tesla will fine tune the UI based on feedback from user groups. Look at what's happening with Win 11...
One thing I don't like is the automatic heated seats (with no heated steering whee that should be addedl) that doesn't have visual feedback of heat level on the main screen.
Oh, and they buttons don't go blue when automatic mode is selected.
The key difference is the change in UI in Windows isn't dangerous! Tesla need to realise that key functions, if too many taps away, increases a driver's time looking at the screen and by default therefore, reduces their time looking at the road ahead.

Isn't it like going from Win 7 to Win 10. Not many people liked the change, but a few years on not many people want to go back to Win 7...
Also Tesla will fine tune the UI based on feedback from user groups. Look at what's happening with Win 11...
One thing I don't like is the automatic heated seats (with no heated steering whee that should be addedl) that doesn't have visual feedback of heat level on the main screen.
Oh, and they buttons don't go blue when automatic mode is selected.
Tesla will not NOT fine tune the UI based on feedback from user groups. Your to new to know this. They just do what they want period.

Reactions: Alistairuk
Probably not even then.

Didn't someone crash trying to adjust their wipers a couple of years back?

Edit: Yes, and it was determined that the control was too complex to be legally used (in germany):

"The court said that that operation of a touchscreen is “permitted if the view is only briefly adjusted to the screen based on road, traffic, visibility and weather conditions,” but decided the Model 3’s five-setting wiper sub-menu “requires significantly more attention from the driver than when operating the wiper with the conventional fittings”."

That judge would have heart failure if he saw the latest update..

Tesla will not NOT fine tune the UI based on feedback from user groups. Your to new to know this. They just do what they want period.
Not sure this is the case. Many UI/UX improvements have been made based on user feedback. Joe Mode, power tailgates and waypoints were implemented due to user pressure.

Now they’re getting data from so many cars that driver behaviour is their main source of feedback, ie passenger lumbar support being removed because they found that there was virtually no use of it in cars.

Tesla obviously can’t please every driver, but they have enough data to make informed decisions imo, and I doubt forums and subreddits are going to fully represent the whole Tesla community or challenge the data they have at their disposal. However it’s clear they still consider user feedback.

Not sure this is the case. Many UI/UX improvements have been made based on user feedback. Joe Mode, power tailgates and waypoints were implemented due to user pressure.
But many haven't - the yoke for example.

Tesla has already had plenty of feedback on this new UI - it's been live on the new Model S for months now but that hasn't stopped them rolling it out to the M3/Y.

I'm sure there will be tweaks and more customisations in due course which will keep 99% of the owners happy enough not to sell their vehicle.

But many haven't - the yoke for example.

Tesla has already had plenty of feedback on this new UI - it's been live on the new Model S for months now but that hasn't stopped them rolling it out to the M3/Y.

I'm sure there will be tweaks and more customisations in due course which will keep 99% of the owners happy enough not to sell their vehicle.

I cant really comment on the yoke from experience but there has been positive feedback from those that have as well a misconception from those that haven't and then something in between.

As far as the dilemmas being discussed here, one can only say for sure that each person complaining is right in their own right because its their user experience.

Being that nothing has been taken away and only harder to access to for some (for others its a noun issue), imho the simple answer would be a themes menu under screen settings and a toggle in order to enable "classic/old mode" at least until more customisations are enabled as to ensure that it caters 100% to everyone.

Personally, I agree with most as whatever was easily accessible and viewable both across the bottom and top of the screen (specially top) should of remained since they did not detract much from real-estate as for what is there now.

Reactions: Filbert1884
Switching between my profile and my wife’s has become a bit of a pain. And it wasn’t obvious enough how to do it, didn’t look like a link.

Iconography looks dated, colour can be used but the styling of the icons look old.

Placement of the blind spot mirrors is in the way from the steering wheel and it’s difficult to take your eyes off the road for that amount of time.

I like some of the features, but the UX and decisions to move some of the buttons and shortcuts behind a menu is baffling to me.

I think this update is generally "OK". There are some things aren't perfect (ie. speedometer font) and some things that I can see the potential of (ie. auto seat heaters). But the one thing that I really don't like and haven't seem much discussion of, is the smaller notification area.

The old notification area was bad, low contrast (grey text on grey background) but at least it was large enough to read. I received a text message yesterday and couldn't believe how small the font was. Sure the contrast was better but the font was 9 point and there was still only room for 3 lines of text on the display. I say the contrast was better, but then I received some text messages at night and couldn't even begin to read them!

There are some things that are going to take some getting used to and I think I can see where Tesla might be going with this update, design-wise. But that notification area is a travesty and I'm not at all happy with it.

For me, the loss of the consumption data on the little card under the (pointless) car visualisation is the real loss. I glance at it frequently to moderate my driving range. To get at it now requires going into the menu and selecting “trips” at which point it totally obscures the entire map. I then need to tap again to clear it. A huge backward step.

For me, the loss of the consumption data on the little card under the (pointless) car visualisation is the real loss. I glance at it frequently to moderate my driving range. To get at it now requires going into the menu and selecting “trips” at which point it totally obscures the entire map. I then need to tap again to clear it. A huge backward step.
Exactly the same. I used it every time i drove. I can live without it being a Card. I just want to see my current average miles per KWh for my trip. I cant now regulate how i am driving on long trips.

Putting it behind 2 or 3 button presses for it to take up the whole screen is a real retro grade step for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.