Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 - what’s your verdict?

V11 - what’s your verdict?

• I love it

Votes: 63 14.8%
  • Some good things, some bad things, but overall it’s ok

Votes: 181 42.5%
  • A bit “meh”. I can live with it, but preferred the old UI

Votes: 107 25.1%
  • I hate it

Votes: 75 17.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think blind spot camera is useful at speed - you can normally adjust your mirrors so cars transition from rear view to wing and by the time they leave the rear view they’re visible out the side window for a quick check. Blind spot just distracts from that and you still have the blind spot warning apparantly (although I‘ve never had that go off so I’m curious to maybe try it out one day if I can.

But I think it can be useful for slow moving traffic where you might be surprised by a cycle coming up your inside when you’re turning left etc?

They could improve the standard blind spot monitoring - most cars have a light on the mirror. They don’t have that but they could flash a bright colour on the screen like a big vertical bar full height in the car visualisation part along with a beep. right now they turn the lane marker red I think which is barely noticable and certainly doesn’t catch your attention.

Last edited:
After driving today I don't think the blind spot cameras work particularly well because according to the highway code it should be mirror, signal and manoeuvre. However the camera doesn't come on until you signal. So that would make signal, mirror & manoeuvre and doing that tends to confuse and annoy people...

Well, I suppose, you could use mirror, signal, {final check of the blind spot camera} and then manoeuvre... But what's the point of doing that if you already checked in your mirror?

Also, when looking at the camera, following cars tend to look far away compared to what is seen when using the mirror.

I guess I'll only be using the blind spot camera to alert me if I leave the indicators running when I have music playing at a high volume...
It does with NoA in FSD, on a motorway when it suggested a lane change the camera view pops open before you indicate and move.

I've noticed now I've used sat nav that certain things are worse.
Removed the specific button for navigate on auto pilot.
The map now auto zooms out when my ordinal preference is to have it closer. It also now seems offset to the left when previously it was centre of the screen.

Legacy model s here.

I've noticed now I've used sat nav that certain things are worse.
Removed the specific button for navigate on auto pilot.
The map now auto zooms out when my ordinal preference is to have it closer. It also now seems offset to the left when previously it was centre of the screen.

Legacy model s here.
That makes sense, I've been driving our Son-in-Law's Model X in Idaho for the past few weeks & this has really bugged me.

On one occasion I was approaching a quite complex main road/freeway junction & it had zoomed right out, close to the edge on the screen to the point that if the car hadn't had secondary nav directions behind the wheel I would have had no idea what to do. I really hope this isn't happening with the single screen Model 3 when I return & update to v11 in a few weeks.

(The Model X has FSD/v11 & was also offered the full FSD beta button but....typical Tesla!.... after accepting the upgrade & nothing happening he has now been informed that all cameras need upgrading first - FOC but even so why send the link to an unsupported car?).

I like the new UI a lot, aside from the location of some frequently used buttons such as fog lights.

However I've noticed that on this 2021 Model 3 with Intel Atom processor, it is a bit laggy in places - for example, the reversing camera video stutters since updating.

I assume the new MCU 3 with more powerful AMD processor should handle this better, and maybe it is optimised for that as it's similar to the refreshed Model S/X UI.

Really chuffed with the indicator cameras, I think that’s peace of mind for some occasions with a quick double check. Good job Tesla!

Also Sonic the hedgehog and the fact you can use a controller.

enjoy

I like the new UI a lot, aside from the location of some frequently used buttons such as fog lights.

However I've noticed that on this 2021 Model 3 with Intel Atom processor, it is a bit laggy in places - for example, the reversing camera video stutters since updating.

I assume the new MCU 3 with more powerful AMD processor should handle this better, and maybe it is optimised for that as it's similar to the refreshed Model S/X UI.
I’ve noticed the lagginess on the rear view camera too.

I’ve set my iPhone to the priority device, but it doesn’t make any difference very infuriating just because my wife gets in first it goes to her profile, then I’m frantically trying to change it before it crushes me against the steering wheel. The only solution I’ve found is to set her profile name (on the locks screen) to mine, which means she has to set her profile manually. I drive on most occasions, so it works for me, but not so good for her.
I wish it would detect who’s in the driver’s seat to set the profile!
This has happened to me recently, when my seat starts to move to my wife's profile/seat position, I just hit the seat adjust button, and it stops. I then select my profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.