Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 - what’s your verdict?

V11 - what’s your verdict?

• I love it

Votes: 63 14.8%
  • Some good things, some bad things, but overall it’s ok

Votes: 181 42.5%
  • A bit “meh”. I can live with it, but preferred the old UI

Votes: 107 25.1%
  • I hate it

Votes: 75 17.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the good thing is you get free Spotify subscription- you save some money by cancelling Apple Music. I think it is only for 3 months if you do not have a premium subscription. All lease cars come with free subscription and LTE
Not exactly. So with premium connectivity you’ll get access to Spotify in the car. Works a lot like a premium sub but you can’t use that account on your phone or PC - it’s tied to the car. If you want to be able to sync playlists etc you’ll need a Spotify Premium sub too.

I’ve got 5 months free Spotify Premium thanks to Xbox gamepass ultimate, so I’m essentially trialling it as a replacement to Apple Music. I can say that ‘Discover Weekly’ in Spotify is already a world better than the recommendations I get with Apple Music, so there is that.

Reactions: spdpsba
most of the arguments here aren't going to go anywhere, there's a lot of passion in cars and people are biased by their opinion and their feelings and you can't argue that what they feel is wrong. I'm a complete geek, I work on and understand electronics engineering and neural nets I find the tesla full self drive absolutely incredible and a triumph of computer vision .... but can it drive a car well? no it can't, it's sh1t! probably better than any other AI at driving, but still sh1t. I don't doubt it will get better and I'm looking forward to it. But that pretty much sums up a lot of Tesla and it depends what you like and what your expectations are. If someone bought over the best home automation robot and demoed it making me a cup of tea I'd be more excited and sweaty than Prince Andrew with a 17 year old, but my wife on the other hand would be very very unimpressed and wondering why some massive thing took bloody ages to badly make a cup of tea.

Not exactly. So with premium connectivity you’ll get access to Spotify in the car. Works a lot like a premium sub but you can’t use that account on your phone or PC - it’s tied to the car. If you want to be able to sync playlists etc you’ll need a Spotify Premium sub too.

I’ve got 5 months free Spotify Premium thanks to Xbox gamepass ultimate, so I’m essentially trialling it as a replacement to Apple Music. I can say that ‘Discover Weekly’ in Spotify is already a world better than the recommendations I get with Apple Music, so there is that.
Am I the only freak here that likes YouTube music more than Spotify or Apple?

I think Tesla is working on their own application store - they wouldn't have bothered with the v11 drag-drop UI otherwise. Probably in preparation the the FSD becoming L4 in US. How long that will take is anyone's guess though.

I'm starting to wonder how many current Tesla Model 3 owners are 'owners by choice'... with their own money, making their own decisions.

Or whether this car has been forced upon them by Company Employers with very little options.

Would make sense with some of the chat comments.

I'm starting to wonder how many current Tesla Model 3 owners are 'owners by choice'... with their own money, making their own decisions.

Or whether this car has been forced upon them by Company Employers with very little options.

This is just nuts to me…

I think the Tesla M3 is the best car you can buy for the money but I don’t think it is 100% perfect in every way. I think it is better than all the alternatives, but not 100% perfect.

Should I continue to buy the Tesla or not?

The more worrying implication is that you have to have some kind of binary relationship with your car (cultist behavioural trait) and you don't have the intellectual capacity to appreciate that you can critique elements and still be happy overall.

I was well informed before buying the car that the wipers would be crap, but I took a balanced view that overall I'd still like to have the car.

This does not and should not stop me from wanting them to be better.

This is just nuts to me…

I think the Tesla M3 is the best car you can buy for the money but I don’t think it is 100% perfect in every way. I think it is better than all the alternatives, but not 100% perfect.

Should I continue to buy the Tesla or not?

Well actually... no. Don't buy the Tesla.

You're buying it because it's the "best car you can buy for the money"...

Well don't buy it for the money... go find a car that you can buy for YOU.

Hows about that for a concept 😁

Reactions: Yev000

I own my car and chose it after a ton of research, if you want an example.

Reactions: Cossa
I'm getting quite fed up of the blind spot cameras just showing a black square with the spinning indicator. Threy're next to useless and I may as well just switch them off at this point.

(Personal car, not a company car - don't even get a company car allowance, bought with my own cash money, to answer the question above).

I'm getting quite fed up of the blind spot cameras just showing a black square with the spinning indicator. Threy're next to useless and I may as well just switch them off at this point.

(Personal car, not a company car - don't even get a company car allowance, bought with my own cash money, to answer the question above).
Tried the various reboots? Log up a service request if its still problematic.

Ok...

Lets go over it
Build quality is ok - will always be "ok" from your viewpoint - even when it's made in Germany by Germans
actually I’m hoping German built cars will show an improvement in build quality, in the same way MIC cars are built better than American cars.
Software updates are just as likely to break something as to introduce new features - That will never change, they will always change their software and annoy some people
They could test their software more thoroughly before they release it.
Wipers will always be "crap"
That doesn’t fill me with brand confidence.
Does this "great car" even exist? If so, why not get that?
I’ve already said my next car won’t be a Tesla. I can imagine a life without Tesla.

I would raise a service request, I don't think that's common and it's certainly not what I've ever seen.

Reactions: init6
I would raise a service request, I don't think that's common and it's certainly not what I've ever seen.
In my opinion the blind spot cameras are useless / dangerous. The image is well away from where you need to looking when changing lane. The previous system where a vehicle in the blind spot would go red if you indicated towards it might be visible in peripheral vision but neither is nearly as good as providing a warning in, or near, the relevant door mirror as provided in other cars with blind spot warnings.

I think that the one thing we all are talking about is the computerised part of Tesla.
For a company that half boasts about being a software company not a car manufacturer (something that I myself wouldn't want to say about a car I was trying to sell) and forgetting the self driving part, which is very impressive, the UI and associated software is really nothing like five star.
Probably 66% of websites are badly designed, don't work properly, aren't user friendly and frankly I put the Tesla user interface at that level. The various apps take ages to load, don't have standardised buttons and are a pain to use. The way the interface is set up is a bit better but still not very well thought out at the design stage, and changing things around without doing a REAL think isn't professional programming. It stinks of various parts of the company telling the programmers to do this - do that and we want it today so all sorts of people chuck it together regardless. The tiny icons in the latest edition are a case in point - it's a car, bumping along not a 32" monitor!
Regarding the car itself - it's an American car built to American standards which means to a price point. If a bit works and is cheap - use it.
I really enjoy driving mine for the performance, the charging system and the comfort (except for the heat pouring in through the glass roof) but the total emphasis on a not very well designed screen interface does tick me off.
And don't get me started on the Plaid style of wheel/lack of stalks! It will be interesting to see how that goes down with the regulations in many countries where the "cool" function doesn't override usability.

Reactions: Alistairuk
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but be aware that the manual notes in the car do NOT currently match the new UI in the car.

Yesterday, I had sentry warnings. I managed to watch one vid fine via the alert on the screen but saw someone had opened their door into our car. I got out to scan for damage (none thankfully). Getting back in, the alert had vanished from the screen and I wanted to see the second vid. Oh my... took me aaaaages to find the dashcam viewer via v11 UI. In the process, I got so desperate I headed to the manual and there was told to tap the icon at the top of the screen. I looked at the icon set in the manual with a mixture of nostalgic longing and rising fury.

Even now, the next morning, I can't for the life of me remember where I eventually found the dashcam viewer!

That they would completely change the UI with no warning and still not update their manual seems typical of their lack of concern for the actual user.

Reactions: Wol747
Status
Not open for further replies.