Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v2020.8 rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've driven 8.2 about 100 miles, definitely a big improvement over the 8.1 that panicked at every country lane I drove along as others have stated. 8.3 is now installing, will see if that brings anything new/breaks anything on the way home. Mine seems to be catching every update, but I do check manually quite a bit, perhaps those that skip versions aren't checking themselves and just waiting for a notification?

I just updated to 2020.8.3. from 2020.4.3 I think (M3LR) I say I, but I really mean my kids: they asked if they could sit in the car and be the security whilst it updated... I said yes, but you literally won't be able to do anything other than watch a progress bar slowly move for 25 minutes.
They said "bring it on".
And they literally sat and watched the progress bar.
What has lockdown done to us ??!!
Many a parent will be heartened by that and looking for anything that updates with a progress bar

Reactions: Jez_GB
As it's bin day and I had to go get provisions I thought I'd test 2020.8.3 - it didn't see a single traffic light or bin (I have enabled the setting).

Maybe we have the wrong type of bins and lights and need to have them upgraded (-:

The setting seems to be profile dependent (or there is a bug and the setting didn't stick) - I swapped between our two main profiles and I had to enable the setting in both.

Held off updating until today to hopefully avoid the issues people have reported. Now on 2020.8.3 and .... well it's sitting on my driveway for now. Will give it a try out on my next visit to the supermarket.

The setting seems to be profile dependent (or there is a bug and the setting didn't stick) - I swapped between our two main profiles and I had to enable the setting in both.

I have this happen with a lot of the settings. Some stuff is per-profile. What's particularly annoying is when using Easy Entry because you have to switch to that profile to set certain preferences relating to entering and exiting the car. And often I've set things like battery capacity to show in percent which I have to set against my profile AND Easy Entry. Similar for the horn honk it does when locking while walking away from the car - seemed to need saving against Easy Entry due to it being on that profile when I exited.

Drove to supermarket today as passenger. First drive since conceding to a potential software update nag that occurs every drive after an update is offered (topic for another day) so 2020.8(.3) was all new to us.

I must say how impressed I am with the ability to pick up road markings from the most pothole ridden roads. Of note, some (not all) of the speed humps that had triangular direction markers showed as forward arrows, which bodes well for speed humps being successfully detected in the future.

I'm guessing its going to be a while before I (hopefully) get to see these in the dark, but considering that its wet night time road marking identification is already on a par, if not better than my 20/20 vision, this all bodes well.

I'm not too fussed about the traffic lights as, coming from a brief background in traffic control systems, imho, visual detection of traffic lights is hopefully a stopgap until wider spread rollout of V2I (vehicle to infrastructure) features hopefully not longer than in the next few years. But what we have seems to be a good start.

Reactions: Roy W.