Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v2020.8 rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was just sitting in my car downloading video footage of a numpty that ran into the bag of me on a moped when 2020.8.3 popped up.
Clicked install and sat in the car whilst it updated. Previously there was just a bar saying software update. Now there is a second narrative underneath saying what it is actually updating.
When it was updating electronic control units there were various clunks from underneath (similar to when first power on by pressing brake) and a couple of times the steering wheel twitched.
Reboot took about 3 min which was slightly unnerving watching a black screen and praying the update hadn’t been near Microsoft!
Yes to drive (I am a veterinarian so have to travel) but will feed back if I see any improvements.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
I’m wondering if there is anything significant in 2020.8.3 (like new maps) because the download took forever. After 12 hours it said it had downloaded 78%, let it continue overnight and by morning had completed. Wow, must have been some file!
Just to mention the front of the car was about 2 metres from the 200 Mb router.
It only took 25 mins to install.
Haven’t been anywhere, so don’t know if there’s any surprises.
I was on 2020.8.2.

I’m wondering if there is anything significant in 2020.8.3 (like new maps) because the download took forever. After 12 hours it said it had downloaded 78%, let it continue overnight and by morning had completed. Wow, must have been some file!
I was on 2020.8.2.
Navigation Data is still EU-2019.20-10482 from 8.2 to 8.3 (no idea what is was prior to that)

I was on 2020.8.2.
No idea, mine downloaded in 20 mins

Mine got updated to 2020.8.3 early this morning. No rhyme or reason to what people get it seems. I haven't even driven the car since getting it and have had 2 software updates in the meantime.

For what it's worth, I was on 2020.4.2 prior to that, and it was the phone app that told me about a software update, I hadn't even been in the car for more than 24 hours.
Maybe its done by colour!!:D
Mine was updated Tuesday. I took my "essential" wife to work for a night shift last night and immediately noticed the auto dip headlight doesn't auto dip when coming up the the 2 sharp corners with reflective chevrons on, as it used to do last week. I haven't seen a car coming towards me yet so can't comment on that.
I also notice that the Autopilot doesn't seen to zigzag quite as much. a couple of weeks ago on a run to Aviemore and Perth, I was trying it out and it made me feef uncomfortable as it seemed to be tracking the middle of the lane lines plus or minus 20 cm and so was constantly correcting one way or the other. Last night it seemed as though the line tracking had been narrowed down to perhaps 5 cm, a big improvement.
I'd like to know why, when accelerating on autopilot, the area behind the speed readout flashes blue and "CHILL".. slowly and then faster and then slowly again..its a bit distracting.

I was on 2020.8.2.

Only took about 15min to download for me. Map version hasn’t changed.

Maybe your broadband slowed down as all the kids got home from school and hit their X-Boxes. Oh not wait - no school...