Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v2020.8 rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brake lights by any chance? Additional noises from park brake/callipers?

Headlights flashed and hvac type noises. But don't get them every time. Actually more accurately, the time I do remember, I think was a time when it took a couple of attempts for the software update to 'stick' - it said that it had installed and reported expected release notes etc, then went through the process again and im pretty sure gave release notes again. This defo was not a game/entertainment update, but may, but I don't think, have been nav - i'm pretty sure I remember taking that at a separate time.

Last edited:
I've never noticed a difference in our S or 3, not saying it didn't happen, I just didn't notice it. And honestly, he might be wrong, I'm just passing the word along. :)

I just spotted your sig ... you have a LR RWD M3! That mythical beast ... I would have gone for that I think but it was never available here. I believe now being made in China (though I read yesterday that they having to put in older HW2.5 due to lack of availability of HW3).

I just spotted your sig ... you have a LR RWD M3! That mythical beast ... I would have gone for that I think but it was never available here. I believe now being made in China (though I read yesterday that they having to put in older HW2.5 due to lack of availability of HW3).
Thanks, I actually just got it a couple months ago used. Fantastic car. Wish it was AWD for the performance upgrades, but I got a good deal, so I'm not complaining.

Now back onto subject, it appears from TeslaFi that no RWD Model 3s have gotten it, only dual motors. And it appears to have slowed on the updates as well.

Reactions: drewpost
Mines installed last night. Quick 5 min drive showed up the wheelie bins:rolleyes: road markings, and at one point the red, amber then green when the traffic lights were changing. Pretty cool. I was too scared to mess around with Track Mode v.2! Also quick search of charge points on the map (press the bolt icon/key) showed the Tesla SC as usual but scrolling past them, other local chargers as well as the last places I charged which was quite cool (so must have saved that info before the update).

Number of stalls “out of order” now displayed on maps. (Maybe someone can confirm in UK with 2020.8.1? Ie Oxford’s 2 out of order?)
View attachment 519097
The long term offline stall at south mimms doesn't show as out of order in the map, actually it's a bit of a regression compared to before the update as previously it seemed to show the out of order one as permanently occupied, but that wasn't the case earlier today.

Reactions: CMc1