Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v2020.8 rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm I got 2020.8.1 on my M3P FSD last night (Sep 19 delivery). I’m not seeing any of the visualisation changes, it’s bin day here in darkest Essex, but no wheelie bins or traffic lights. I tried a manual reboot too.

Patience, my young Padawan.
It will land when it lands :)

It reminds me of Christmas Eve with the big Christmas Update - had to get me some voice commands and text messaging! I was constantly out to the garage and back all day (finally hit my car around 18:00). I was excited for this one for the visualisations but now with the potential lowering of the auto-lane-change nerfing, I'm at Christmas Even levels of anticipation again!

Someone reporting on Reddit the new update contains major changes for autopilot in the EU...this is very exciting if true!
Firmware 2020.8.1 - No more autopilot lane change restrictions in EU! : teslamotors

Changing lanes instantly would be a bug.. and quite unsafe. Also the new regs don't reduce the minimum indicating time (2.5 seconds IIRC) just increase the maximum time to make the manoeuvre. Also NoA auto lane change would start working (there's lots of wording changes allowing for automated lane change, so presumably the intent is that is allowed).

I’m fairly new to the Tesla camp at 4 months of ownership plus some prolonged window-shopping but it’s a pretty seamless ‘click and wait’ approach in general. Whilst a reboot (hold left and right steering wheel buttons with foot on the brake for a full restart) it’s only precautionary. I’ve done it without reboot with no issues.

[other more experienced owners can chip in ..... always feel a tad conscious that some folk have been doing this stuff for years not months!]
Just a heads up, including the brake makes no difference according to our top service center rep. He is pretty active on our FB pages and quite informative and he said it's a myth. A two scroll reboot is no different than a two scroll reboot with brake. :)

Just a heads up, including the brake makes no difference according to our top service center rep. He is pretty active on our FB pages and quite informative and he said it's a myth. A two scroll reboot is no different than a two scroll reboot with brake. :)

I've had the car behave very differently during a 'brake' reboot than a plain steering wheel reboot - when additionally using the brake, the car had made additional noises and lights than when no brake used. So fluke/myth or what?

Someone reporting on Reddit the new update contains major changes for autopilot in the EU...this is very exciting if true!
Firmware 2020.8.1 - No more autopilot lane change restrictions in EU! : teslamotors

I would be surprised at that as last time I looked at the problematic UN R79 regs, the changes had (literally just been) been published as proposals but as far as I could see, had not been approved. That was probably within last month ish.

23B1ABC2-8256-4F5E-9309-2B6894A6F9A2.jpeg

I've had the car behave very differently during a 'brake' reboot than a plain steering wheel reboot - when additionally using the brake, the car had made additional noises and lights than when no brake used. So fluke/myth or what?
I've never noticed a difference in our S or 3, not saying it didn't happen, I just didn't notice it. And honestly, he might be wrong, I'm just passing the word along. :)