Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v2020.8 rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had a few other things happen recently alongside 2020.8.1 but FYI in case it is the update and others have had the same....

I couldn’t wake the car remotely last night, tried many times over 30 mins. When I relented and went to the car (like an animal) and opened the door it woke up (with the telltale clunk of the HV system reconnecting, so it was in a deep sleep)

only happened once, didn’t try again since (wake from deep sleep) yet. If a new bug, it could affect waking up for charging.

Mines installed last night. Quick 5 min drive showed up the wheelie bins:rolleyes: road markings, and at one point the red, amber then green when the traffic lights were changing. Pretty cool. I was too scared to mess around with Track Mode v.2! Also quick search of charge points on the map (press the bolt icon/key) showed the Tesla SC as usual but scrolling past them, other local chargers as well as the last places I charged which was quite cool (so must have saved that info before the update).

Anyone know if you get all that display stuff without FSD option?

Another downgrade... until the last release, I had not seen that before.

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Normally a quick fix is rolled out. I wonder if there is something in their development cycle that makes rolling back preferential to moving forward? I know an AP 'rewrite' is around the corner so a new branch will have more impact on their main effort running in parallel.

Last edited:
Reactions: drewpost
There are cases showing on teslafi of it being downgraded.. so yeah looks like pulled due to a bug.

Wow, yea See that one in Missouri. I can't recall ever seeing an update being rolled back. I've always seen them roll forward with a fix. The only time I had that occur was when they replaced my HW3 computer and it came with an older firmware on it. I wonder if that's what happened here?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-09 at 18.20.08.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-09 at 18.20.08.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 30