Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V3 chargers more expensive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any thoughts about V3 chargers being a few cents more expensive?
Absent a notification from Tesla I'd presume other reasons than it being V3 related per se.

My other thought would be that if Tesla wants to add a surcharge they can go right ahead so far as I am concerned. The demand charges are going to be pretty outrageous.

Tell us about your V3 experience !
How fast ?
Any battery storage on site ?

2 potential reasons:
- demand charges on v3 will be higher, so lightly-traveled v3 would have relatively high demand charges v energy charges compared to busy Superchargers
- Tesla would like to nudge people into continuing to use the v2 Superchargers rather than have everybody targeting the v3 Superchargers.

Reactions: israndy
It's interesting to see the placement on I5 north of Sacramento. Corning was always a problem on holidays, but rather than add spaces to Corning, they added two new 8 spot stations, one 60 miles south of Corning (so it's a better fit for SR drivers coming from San Francisco), and one 20 miles north of Corning (I barely made it there, but it was cold and I had a lead foot)