Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V3 Supercharging rate with Version H battery, anyone tested?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: outdoors and Zoomit
My max charging power so far is 203 kW. I was promised 250 kW, let’s see if it’s possible.

Attachments

• 6FB70955-8C89-4311-ADEA-1CA9AE0ABC46.png
    6FB70955-8C89-4311-ADEA-1CA9AE0ABC46.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 152
Here in the EU we were also promised 250kW and the max we can get out of the V3 supercharger is actually less than what we can get out of the V2. V2 maxes out at 146kW and the V3 delivers 140kW. This is due to the CCS adapter that limits the current.

• Informative
Reactions: BM3B
Here in the EU we were also promised 250kW and the max we can get out of the V3 supercharger is actually less than what we can get out of the V2. V2 maxes out at 146kW and the V3 delivers 140kW. This is due to the CCS adapter that limits the current.

Are those numbers your own experience with supercharging?

I haven't tried V3 yet as they're still quite rare here, but Tesla lists the CCS adaptor on their site as being able to deliver 250kw..

Last edited:
Are those numbers your own experience with supercharging?

I haven't tried V3 yet as they're still quite rare here, but Tesla lists the CCS adaptor on their site as being able to deliver 250kw..

Yes, that is one of the empty promises on Tesla's site. I have verified it from Tesla technical support after the delivery as I experienced the limit myself. They pointed me to this text (Supercharging):
---
What is the peak charge rate I can receive with a CCS Combo 2 adapter?
All Model S and Model X owners can currently receive peak charge rates up to 142kW, roughly on par with the fastest charge rates supported by V2 Supercharging (150kW).
---