TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

V6.0 Owner's Manual

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by NOLA_Mike, Dec 31, 2014.

1. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

I just noticed the v6.0 of the Model S Owner's Manual (North America) is up in the "Model S Guides" Section of My Tesla Documents. It's dated 12/31/2014.

Mike

2. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

Thanks. First skim read I didn't notice anything new.. It is late though ;-)

3. YTACHI

YTACHI Member

Please let me know The URL for v6.0 of Owners manual North America edition.
    I can get Japanese edition only from My Tesla.

4. spentan

spentan Active Member

5. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

Thanks! Usually there's an email when something new gets posted to My Tesla; must have missed it.

The Cruise Control section of this new v6.0 manual still doesn't mention the fact that moving the cruise control level up will continue to accelerate long after you let go of the lever, until you reach a +5 mph increase in speed from where you started. Freaked me out the first time I used it, as I thought it was going to keep accelerating right into the back of the truck ahead of me. There's a 1 mph increment as well, but you have to barely tap the stalk to get that behavior, and it isn't documented. The wording specifically says "move the cruise control lever up (increase) or down (decrease) until your desired speed is reached." To me, that sounds like you should be able to take your hand off the lever once you reach the desired speed to maintain that speed, but unfortunately it doesn't behave that way. Hopefully this will get clarified in a future update.

6. skilly

skilly Member

I think the increase is at 5mph increments of speed. That is to say if you are cruising at 37mph and select the cruise control lever at the second click, it would move the speed to 40mph and then if you did it again it would move it to 45mph.

7. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

A slight movement of the cruise lever up or down and then releasing it produces +\- 1mph changes in speed. To change +\- 5mph requires moving the lever up or down until it stops.

As far as I know it has always worked that way. I thought this was explained in the manual, which I read many weeks before taking delivery. I will have to take another look.

8. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

#8 thecloud, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    From what I was told on the TM forum, it used to be explained in older versions of the Quick Start guide. However, recent versions of the QS guide and the manual (I got 5.9 with my car) have been updated and there is no mention of the 1 mph / 5 mph positions.