Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V6 1.67.43 charging problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DITB

Charged.hk co-founder
Nov 13, 2012
Hong Kong
Rented a Model S in Europe, and having a ball (more later)

Supercharging works fine, except the charge port doesn't want to open with the plug switch (only few times, seems like a bad receiver?)

The normal charging has been interrupted several times, and it would say something like "Charge port open" or other messages, charging stopped.

I changed the settings to no power saving at all, and now it was interrupted only once, but restarted by itself

Are there any V6 1.67.43 charging issues, where the charging stops, depending on what energy savings mode is on? I couldn't find anything with the search function - wondering if it's a software problem or this particular car has a cold (like me).

Oh, maybe I got my cold from the car, wonder if cross transmission of diseases is possible between EVs and humans?

I downloaded 6.0 version 1.67.45 two days ago and have had tons of charging problems - charging would stop with "Charging Complete" even though I'd set the slider to 90% and the battery was only at 70%. Then it would restart a little later only to stop again. Spoke with Tesla HQ and reset the HPWC which got the charger going and charged to 90% but now only 181 miles. Usually my 90% yields 230-235 miles. I think the new software thinks I have an S60, not a P85!

Last week's charge to 262 mi at 100% (equivalent to 235mi at 90%)

Max Charge 10:24:14.jpg

Today's 90% charge only yields 181mi !

90% Charge 2.jpg

Waiting to hear back from Tesla on this one.

Here is my latest attempt:

I was getting ready to charge with 3 phase 230V 16A, which will give around 48 km/h when it stabilises (around 30 mph charge). I stopped at the parking spot, opened the charging port then the frunk to get the charging cable, closed frunk and all the doors. Took some minutes to prepare the cable, get it connected and ready. Plugged it in, flashing green lights but it stopped right away. Tried a few more times, disconnect cable, reconnect. Blue light on the car, steady green on the charging adapter itself (no sequencing green lights).

Then I disconnected again, closed the charge port, shut the car down with the FOB. The woke it up again, and connected - now all was fine.

It really seems like some bug in the software, related to sleeping, and ON / OFF switching of the car. All power saving is off now, yet it still plays tricks on me. It's a rented Model S (VIN P33XXX of Germany), straight 85 almost like my own (see tagline), except this one also has fog lights and cold weather package (mine hasn't)

I didn't have any problems a single time, while supercharging (about 10 times I did that, all successfully).

I should really provoke this error again and take some pictures of what it actually says on the screen.

Well... Tesla just called to tell me they've replaced the battery. Something about a bad section of the battery that wouldn't charge right - so even though the majority of the battery pack was charged to 90%, one small section wasn't so that was the range it was displaying. Great service but wonder a bit about the longevity of the battery in general. Guess I don't have to worry for another 7 years...

This is why I wish Tesla would expose some of the diagnostic info to folks. Would be nice to know if one of the modules or sub-modules was under or over-charged or something.

I suspect they can refurbish the battery by replacing the one module later.