Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v7.0 Owner's Manual ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wrote Tesla and this was the response:

Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors Technical Support. The owner's manual for 7.0 has not been updated in My Tesla yet but that is in the works. For now, you may access it on the touchscreen of the car located under the Controls then click the Settings tab and you should be able to see the manual button on the left hand side of the touchscreen.

Seems lame to me. Yes, I can access the touchscreen, but that's not always the most convenient. How hard can it be to updated the pdf?

Seems lame to me. Yes, I can access the touchscreen, but that's not always the most convenient. How hard can it be to updated the pdf?

Yes, it seems to be a case of "We must pass this law to find out what it says." Am not going to install V7 until I have a chance to read the owner's manual and decide whether the benefits outweigh the disadvantages. A good complete Release Notes might suffice.

I wish the manual was in PDF but I went ahead and walked through the release notes on video for non owners at Tesla Autopilot v7.0 Software Release Notes - YouTube

your video of the release notes is handy, thanks for posting that.

I test-drove a Model S running v6 earlier this summer, but I'll be going on a 2nd test drive tonight with v7 and an AP-eqiupped car, so it's handy to get a quick glance at what's new before that.

hopefully once a full PDF version of the owner's manual becomes available someone can post it here.

Tesla must be taking some delayed reaction approach to making the manual available. I had 7.0 dowloaded at 12:39AM on 10/14 and completed installation early that morning, but the new manual just appeared in My Tesla for me late yesterday.

The manual was available for viewing on your car after you updated. Glad it's now available online in PDF format.

The manual was available for viewing on your car after you updated. Glad it's now available online in PDF format.

Oh, I understand. The challenge is, at least I prefer to not sit in my MS reading a 200 page document. I'd much prefer to do that while sitting in my office or in my family room easy chair. It's great it's on the vehicle, but IMHO is a bad assumption if Tesla believes we all live in our MS all the time. :) Tesla could serve us a lot better making the manual and release notes available online even before the new code is perhaps downloaded so (at least some) owners can read what they will be getting and be a little more prepared.

The version 7.0 manual is on the My Tesla page with the order details for my not-yet-delivered MS.

I copied the PDF to my Evernote app, so I can look it over in small (hopefully easy to digest) sections while at work during slack times or on my phone. Plus, if the car is acting hinky and I can't get to the screen, I want access to the info by an alternate route. And it's hard to do functions in a step by step fashion when the steps are on the screen you need to use for the functions.

I heartily dislike the trend of no paper manuals. Once the next mini update is out, I may print out the tricky bits & keep them in the car if I'm still having trouble by then. I find myself using a car manual periodically even years after owning a car for infrequently used features. Pulling out a well written manual is such a comfort, seeing the designers/builders have anticipated questions from years before. (Showing my age, I guess.) ¯_(ツ)_/¯

The new 7.0 owners manual is out now on mytesla.

I assume it's only available on mytesla for owners, is that correct?

I have a mytesla account already but haven't yet clicked the buy button (but may do so any day now...). When I login, I can't see the manual anywhere, unless it's well hidden or only available after purchase.

As OP, I originally asked the question about the manual hoping to figure out what changes were in 7.0, having already read the 6.2 manual, and before taking a 2nd test drive in a 7.0 car (too late now).
If a PDF isn't yet available publicly somewhere, I guess I'll have to wait :( ...