TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

v7.0 Owner's Manual ?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by f-stop, Oct 18, 2015.

1. f-stop

f-stop Member

is there a publicly accessible link to a PDF of the v7 owner's manual for the Model S?

I have the v6.2 manual already but wondering if v7 is out yet. thanks

2. msnow

msnow Active Member

I've been keeping my out for it too. The only place I've seen it is on the car itself but a PDF works better for me.

3. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

They are notoriously bad at publishing updates.

4. msnow

msnow Active Member

They may wait until 7.1 is out to publish a new PDF since there are so many changes.

5. dflye

dflye S Sig Perf 414, VIN 814

They are still trying to merge in the changes marked up in white-out on the editor's monitor before releasing the final edition to the pubic. Sort of like the UI....

6. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

There are too many changes in v7 for me to install until after I have more information, such as the Owner's Manual.

7. jdo

jdo Member

I wrote Tesla and this was the response:

Seems lame to me. Yes, I can access the touchscreen, but that's not always the most convenient. How hard can it be to updated the pdf?

8. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Yes, it seems to be a case of "We must pass this law to find out what it says." Am not going to install V7 until I have a chance to read the owner's manual and decide whether the benefits outweigh the disadvantages. A good complete Release Notes might suffice.

9. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

10. f-stop

f-stop Member

your video of the release notes is handy, thanks for posting that.

I test-drove a Model S running v6 earlier this summer, but I'll be going on a 2nd test drive tonight with v7 and an AP-eqiupped car, so it's handy to get a quick glance at what's new before that.

hopefully once a full PDF version of the owner's manual becomes available someone can post it here.

11. msnow

msnow Active Member

The new 7.0 owners manual is out now on mytesla.

12. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

I just have 6.2 still :(

13. msnow

msnow Active Member

But as a self described "tech nerd" you should be all over this. [emoji3]

14. BertL

BertL Active Member

Tesla must be taking some delayed reaction approach to making the manual available. I had 7.0 dowloaded at 12:39AM on 10/14 and completed installation early that morning, but the new manual just appeared in My Tesla for me late yesterday.

15. msnow

msnow Active Member

The manual was available for viewing on your car after you updated. Glad it's now available online in PDF format.

16. BertL

BertL Active Member

Oh, I understand. The challenge is, at least I prefer to not sit in my MS reading a 200 page document. I'd much prefer to do that while sitting in my office or in my family room easy chair. It's great it's on the vehicle, but IMHO is a bad assumption if Tesla believes we all live in our MS all the time. :) Tesla could serve us a lot better making the manual and release notes available online even before the new code is perhaps downloaded so (at least some) owners can read what they will be getting and be a little more prepared.

17. msnow

msnow Active Member

18. lucy

lucy bluehair

The version 7.0 manual is on the My Tesla page with the order details for my not-yet-delivered MS.

I copied the PDF to my Evernote app, so I can look it over in small (hopefully easy to digest) sections while at work during slack times or on my phone. Plus, if the car is acting hinky and I can't get to the screen, I want access to the info by an alternate route. And it's hard to do functions in a step by step fashion when the steps are on the screen you need to use for the functions.

I heartily dislike the trend of no paper manuals. Once the next mini update is out, I may print out the tricky bits & keep them in the car if I'm still having trouble by then. I find myself using a car manual periodically even years after owning a car for infrequently used features. Pulling out a well written manual is such a comfort, seeing the designers/builders have anticipated questions from years before. (Showing my age, I guess.) ¯_(ツ)_/¯

19. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I have V7 installed in my classic S and the V7 manual is not yet available on my MyTesla page.

20. f-stop

f-stop Member

I assume it's only available on mytesla for owners, is that correct?

I have a mytesla account already but haven't yet clicked the buy button (but may do so any day now...). When I login, I can't see the manual anywhere, unless it's well hidden or only available after purchase.

As OP, I originally asked the question about the manual hoping to figure out what changes were in 7.0, having already read the 6.2 manual, and before taking a 2nd test drive in a 7.0 car (too late now).
    If a PDF isn't yet available publicly somewhere, I guess I'll have to wait :( ...