Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v7.1 (2.15.50)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my update in progress :) will report if I see any difference here. I was trying to find any information about the update before it happens... but it showed update is available and actually no additional details about it... so not sure if I am updating to 2.15.50 but I suppose so since it is happening now too. My version was 2.15.16 before I started the update.

my update just finished. I noticed that driver front door opens for auto-present a bit earlier than before on the approach to the car and it opens more than before if it has space. on 2.15.16 when doing something in the garage around it was inconsistent with opening and sometimes I was bumping into doors... now seems more predictable and more consistent. I can't see any change in FWD opening behavior. I don't see any new features or any changes in the user interface other than saying it is on 2.15.50 now

also on my driveway that is not very steep but not flat either it used to just open driver doors just a bit so you would need to use your hand to open it more to get in. Now it opens driver doors as auto-present fully. FWD works good in both conditions now and before.

It seems like the auto close of the two front doors is a bit stronger after the update.

Note that since I had to get the doors recalibrated in the first day since delivery (March 25th), I have had basically no problems with the front doors. I'm very careful not to interrupt them while they auto open, but almost 2 weeks later, it seems like a past problem. Maybe the software updates make the auto-open doors much less prone to "miscalibration" coming from interrupting the doors when opening?

I have a horn that make just a "sneeze" sound... but 2.15.50 did not fix it. When trying to honk through the iPhone Tesla App then it sounds correctly. But when pressing on the wheel it just "sneeze"... I guess I would need some day to go to SC and get it fixed. I am sure they will take care of it there.

• Funny
Reactions: Metalbird
This update seemed to have messed up my autopresenting door. Worked fine before exactly as it was designed to do. Now is slowly opening about 20 degrees (even when approaching from rear of vehicle) and is stuck, hard to move, then will eventually release to manual control so I can fully open all the way. Otherwise I have to sliver into the driver's seat.

My X is at SC because yesterday I simply couldn't get the driver's door to latch. Tried everything they recommended on the phone, they drove out to the parking lot where I was to give me a loaner S. My mobile app tells me they applied the update, and they also mentioned a firmware update