Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v7.1 beta testing begins (Driver Mode, Self Parking, AP restrictions)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sources are already reporting UI changes such as trucks and motorcycles rendering on the IC.....
With UI changes I don't think of small truck and motorcycles appearing in the AP screen (this is related to AP). UI changes should relate the the GUI of the big screen, and further changes to the app's on the small screen.

Sources are already reporting UI changes such as trucks and motorcycles rendering on the IC.....

Please let the UI improvements to extend beyond AP enabled cars. Tesla, don't forget about us classics, your loyal customers. There are several UI improvements we'd like to see.

With UI changes I don't think of small truck and motorcycles appearing in the AP screen (this is related to AP). UI changes should relate the the GUI of the big screen, and further changes to the app's on the small screen.

Hope you're right.

I hope lane detection gets better, otherwise AutoSteer will be useless. There are times I'm driving on the hiway and its only detecting one lane marketing. Does that mean the car is going to slow to 45 on a 70MPH street?

I'm disappointed in the auto-steer changes. I feel like all of us are paying the price for one or two videos of some kids driving daddy's tesla.

I sure as heck would not have purchased it had I know it was going to be released full featured, and then Nerfed every update after.

I agree completely. I'm confident we'll get back better instanaeous power meters, time, date, temperature, odometer display improvements etc...

I'm pretty sure he's kidding. [emoji1]
Not really. I don't see any reason why I would want to upgrade.

If they add third-party application support, CarPlay/AndroidAuto integration and better navigation - then perhaps I will consider losing AP functionality. Not before.

I bought Tesla Model S specifically for its autopilot. For me it's THE defining feature of the car. And I don't think I'm alone.

So to recap: no real UI improvements (better toy cars do not count), more restrictions, and only trivial overall updates.

Fail. I'm staying on 7.0
At this point we know almost nothing about 7.1.
I suggest that your judgement is premature.
I'm pretty sure he's kidding. [emoji1]

If he isn't, I'd say the 7.1 Beta thread is turning into the same popcorn armchair driving/evaluating thread that the 7.0 Beta thread was! :)

People have claimed that the current software has a time-based nag. I don't believe them either.
Why would you not believe them? It is easy to replicate, just drive to 10-15 minute without touching the wheel at all, not even briefly. It will eventually pop up a message saying you need to hold the wheel. You can just touch it lightly, or rest one finger on it, to get rid of the message.

I did not see it for a long time, since I rarely drive that long without at least touching the wheel once, but it is there.

Why would you not believe them? It is easy to replicate, just drive to 10-15 minute without touching the wheel at all, not even briefly. It will eventually pop up a message saying you need to hold the wheel. You can just touch it lightly, or rest one finger on it, to get rid of the message.

I did not see it for a long time, since I rarely drive that long without at least touching the wheel once, but it is there.

I drove 2 1/2 hours last weekend without touching the wheel one time... No really, not once.

With that said, I hate nags. I'm wrapping my car in tin foil and disabling wifi. I'll have a classic Tesla on Autopilot 1.0 that can drive anywhere.

So is it 10 minutes or 15minutes or 12minutes or are you claiming a psuedo-random time based nag to avoid members of TMC from flipping out?

I've driven longer than that without touching the wheel, no nag. Didn't wk057 or someone here post a video of themselves driving for 45minutes with no nag? I don't think the current software has a nag, and until someone makes a video and shows that it's repeatable (not some random "hold me" message when the car needs moral support, especially on turns. straight road, timed, every X minutes the car demands to be held), I will not believe there is a nag.

If you travel to any city in the US, you'll see homeless people and they don't just hang out in the scruffy parts of town... try Union Square in San Francisco.

lol, I lived in NYC for almost 2 decades, and I've never had a homeless person try to enter my car while stopped. I've frequented DC often enough (though I live in the suburbs), and never had a homeless person try to enter my car while I'm stopped.

I've had short stays with rental cars on the west coast too, and I've never had a homeless person try to enter my car while I'm stopped.

See the key phrase in the above 3 cases "try to enter my car while I'm stopped". Homeless people hanging out on the street is VERY different than a homeless person trying to enter my car while I'm stopped.